Double standards ?

B4RR0W

4 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

Kahmal Ganley could slot them.. favourite kicker in a long time

Holty surely is top by consistency over time.

Suppose considering how many games weve lost by the odd couple of points, for CH1 a good goalkicker is a must

Love to get Ryan Shaw back here. Hasnt got a contract with Hull kr next season. If we stay in this league I would go after him. Put it this way he'd cost less than Gareth hock, ryan would end up top points scorer and be a legend

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

Nobody has mentioned Keith Jarrett who was signed from Newport RUFC in 1969 for £14000. He was a tremendous kicker for Wales and then Barrow  Regrettably he was taken seriously ill and retired  in 1973 at the age of 25. I think he was the best kicker I ever saw at CP.

This information was taken from 'Keeping the Dream Alive' by Keith Nutter & Steve Andrews. I hope they don't mind me pinching this from there book.

You're absolutely right Michael he could have gone on to be a superstar in RL, he had left us to go on to play for Wigan when he was struck down with a stroke, but man could he kick.

6 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

Kahmal Ganley could slot them.. favourite kicker in a long time

Holty surely is top by consistency over time.

Suppose considering how many games weve lost by the odd couple of points, for CH1 a good goalkicker is a must

Khamal may  have been a good kicker in the park but he never kicked a goal... stats also pinched from ‘Keeping the Dream Alive’.

27 minutes ago, The Vet said:

Khamal may  have been a good kicker in the park but he never kicked a goal... stats also pinched from ‘Keeping the Dream Alive’.

Really. Ah..... my eyesight and general awareness must have been way off. 

My bad

I agree about Kamal Phil. I have consulted the Bible.

Just a final point on Keith Jarrett. He became unhappy at Barrow because he wanted to play for a more successful  club. His last game for Barrow was on 3rd April 1973 at York when Barrow were beaten 60-0. Wigan were interested in him and he went for trials. At his first training session he suffered a stroke followed by two more. That was regrettably the end of his rugby career and later there was a wrangle between Barrow and Wigan over compensation but a legal case never materialized.

I don't know whether this is of any interest to anybody but I am very interested in the past at Barrow Rugby. Must be my age.

It is very much of interest to those of us of a certain age, I can remember he appeared on the old Look North when they told his story.  He was a young man, just 25 yrs with his whole life in front of him, it was taken away from him cruelly, I think he would have been a great.  

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:06, Michael Ashton said:

I agree about Kamal Phil. I have consulted the Bible.

Just a final point on Keith Jarrett. He became unhappy at Barrow because he wanted to play for a more successful  club. His last game for Barrow was on 3rd April 1973 at York when Barrow were beaten 60-0. Wigan were interested in him and he went for trials. At his first training session he suffered a stroke followed by two more. That was regrettably the end of his rugby career and later there was a wrangle between Barrow and Wigan over compensation but a legal case never materialized.

I don't know whether this is of any interest to anybody but I am very interested in the past at Barrow Rugby. Must be my age.

great info

On 29/07/2019 at 17:46, Newraider said:

Love to get Ryan Shaw back here. Hasnt got a contract with Hull kr next season. If we stay in this league I would go after him. Put it this way he'd cost less than Gareth hock, ryan would end up top points scorer and be a legend

I'd be very surprised if another Super League club dont pick him up 

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

I wonder why Hull KR released him. I would certainly like to see him in a Raiders shirt.

Outstanding player but I doubt would drop to league one. Would be a great signing for a lot of top club

Archived