Rochdale (A)

Wakefield Ram

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

He left at the end of his contract, not "for free".

I reckon that you should have a go at coaching Nick and show us all how it's done.

How very kind BSJ.  Don’t think I’d be any good though.   You’d end up with a team full of my favourites....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NickD said:

How very kind BSJ.  Don’t think I’d be any good though.   You’d end up with a team full of my favourites....

??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I didn't think you had 17 favourites.

Old Nick would be bringing players out of retirement from the 70's

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Old Nick would be bringing players out of retirement from the 70's

Now there’s an idea piggy.  ?

17 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I didn't think you had 17 favourites.

If it’s raining like this over the Pennines I think we might be looking at a second postponement.  

1 hour ago, NickD said:

If it’s raining like this over the Pennines I think we might be looking at a second postponement.  

Today's friendly soccer match was abandoned due to standing water on the pitch. Ler's hope that conditions improve before our game.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Today's friendly soccer match was abandoned due to standing water on the pitch. Ler's hope that conditions improve before our game.

Muddy pitch = wobbly posts in Rochdale. Hope there’s no wind to exacerbate the situation. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Forecast is terrible ...anything on at the cinema?

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Muddy pitch = wobbly posts in Rochdale. Hope there’s no wind to exacerbate the situation. 

Forecast not looking good ..... was really looking forward to this game but in my opinion .... I would rather have it postponed than be played on a water splash pitch ..... more chance of a freak result in bad conditions.

22 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Forecast not looking good ..... was really looking forward to this game but in my opinion .... I would rather have it postponed than be played on a water splash pitch ..... more chance of a freak result in bad conditions.

Agreed. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I expected us to win this one .. but with the weather conditions I am now not so sure ..... remember Halifax away this year .. our lads just didn't fancy it at all and we know what happened there!! Hoping the boys can get up for this and play the conditions better than the hornets .... I guess its going to be littered with mistakes! ... could be very low scoring! .. Still I'll be there cheering the team on!

Now that we have confirmation that the match goes ahead, I would hope all those supporters who only go to home matches because they don’t line giving other clubs their money, will attend this game and support the team. We, like Rochdale, need all the support the town can give. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Good luck today lads, give em hell...

Oops - sorry thought this was the Rochdale forum 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Agreed a good 2nd half turn around but still fragile defence is a worry - but now I think we have the breathing space to assess for next season and see how Lee can mould a team to do more than just survive. And it’s the last time I be sustainable and use the tram- absolutely soaked walking back to the town centre.

The Dogs away is still very important. If...If we can get league points and Barrow keep losing a few then we're just about nailed on to survive. A draw would do as out points difference alone (as it stands now) is worth a game.

Couldn't make it but massive pat on the back to the team and those who went along

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

To survive, Barrow will have to win at least three games and hope the teams above them don’t win a single game. They’ve only won four all season. 

Their remaining games:

York (h)

Bradford (h)

Sheffield (a)

Toronto (a)

Batley (h)

Hard to see three wins there I reckon..

I have to agree but until we're safe I'm staying under the bed..

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

Rochdale 12-32 Rams

Lovely stuff! A dodgy first half but well done to the coaching staff for their half-time talk. 

Onwards and upwards! 

A game of two halves for sure..

Well done to all concerned.  Professional performance in terrible conditions.  Tom Garrett probably MOM but Knowles not far behind Id say...

Our star winger cancelling out his gaff with a length of the field interception two weeks running...Never boring..

Poor first half, lots of errors, soft defence and Rochdale played well and but much improved second half kicked better and Worrincys interception finally broke the resistance. But Rochdale had four tries chalked off for offside and forward passes which shows how flimsy the defence was. But a win and good turnout of Rams fans.

I think we got the rub of the green from James Child today .... its the best I've seen him ref for us ever!!  .. he usually overcompensates his Dewsbury connections so as to be seen unbiased !!  ...

Has Sykes's knee gone again .. I hope not ... rest him against Fev and wheel him out against the dogs!  .. Speakman and Finn will be OK in the halves .... be good to see Dom and Sam Day on the pitch at the same time!

Tom Garratt was awesome today ... and agree Knowles wasn't far behind ....Walshaw's no nonsense  tackling was key as was that tackle by Martin in the first half  in terms of keeping it tight when they were in the ascendancy!

.... love him or hate him Worrincy is exciting to watch and I for one am glad he plays for us!!  ... just loved that try!! 

Overall a great win and one that puts pressure on the chasers

Archived