Squad Builder

gingdong

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

,osted on Facebook this morning by Terry Mullaney 

SQUAD BUILDER 

Very pleased to report that the Squad Builder is continuing to gain momentum with a healthy flow of new members joining daily. 

I’d like to stress that Squad Builder is a completely separate entity to the parent club with its own management committee and constitution. All monies generated will be controlled by Squad Builder and used entirely for squad strengthening/rugby related matters. 

In the interest of transparency there will be a members’ AGM each year and accounts presented showing exactly how funds have been used. 

Together we can take our club on to greater things. Your £10 per month will make a huge difference to the playing fortunes going forward. Please join now if you possibly can. UTR

Whow! How can this be a COMPLETELY separate entity from the club? When was the management committee set up and who is on it and what does the constitution say.. When it was announced at the Forum meeting it sounded like a club setup. Surely the funds will go  to the Rovers to SUPPLE,MENT their plans, so it cannot be a COMPLETELY separate entity. Surely the two bodies will have to work together in squad building as we cannot contract players without the clubs permission. Is it  saying  that the Squad Builder will control its own finances and will decide which monies go where in helping. Even on that basis surely the club will know which players are best to sign and at what price.  If they two bodies don't agree are we going to be faced with internal squabbling?

For me it's entirely normal and natural that Squad Builder is independent from the club. That's very much the case with similar organisations at other clubs (eg BISSA at Batley)  and I would imagine it means that rather than everyone's contributions just being swallowed up into the club's finances, the club will instead approach Squad Builder asking for contributions towards signing a particular player and members will then be informed of that fact. That has to be the most transparent way of operating.

Yes and on that basis it is a subsidiary of the club. Keeping the finances separate is a good way of showing where the money has gone, but my observation was that it is quoted as being completely independent of the club, it obviously isn't. 

GENERAL

GREAT START FOR CENTENARY SQUAD BUILDER

Featherstone Rovers’ Centenary Squad Builder has already had a fantastic response in just over a week since launch.  

When the Rovers initially launched the new initiative at the clubs recent Fans Forum evening, it was stated that they wanted to achieve 200 members by the end of the year.

As of today (Monday 29th July), 81 Featherstone Rovers fans have signed up and pledged £10 a month to the club in order to help fund player recruitment and vital equipment for the players.

The club have been amazed by the initial up take and response to the launch of the scheme and would like to thank fans for their commitment to supporting their team.

With the fantastic response, the club have already been able to recruit with Jack Johnson becoming the first player brought in thanks to the Centenary Squad Builder.

Rovers CEO, Davide Longo is pleased with the success so far of the squad builder: “We have to make sure we thank our fans. The loyalty they have shown in terms of joining the centenary squad-builder sums up their unstinting support.

“We are doing a lot of work in the background on their behalf, whether that’s the preparation of the team for this season and the next, positioning of the club digitally, or building a sustainable business to take the club through the next 100 years. 

“It’s really important to thank our fans because last season was difficult for everybody – our staff, our players and our fans. But when you look at the number of fans that have already joined the centenary squad-builder, that says everything about the loyalty of Rovers fans. In the next few weeks, Adele Saunders will be contacting our database to ask more people to join the squad-builder and hopefully reach the target of 200 members by the end of the year.

“It’s important for myself and our squad-builder committee chaired by Terry Mullaney to understand the sacrifices people make to be able to afford it on top of Season Tickets, merchandise and away travel, and I cannot say thank you enough because it shows their spirit, commitment and love of our Rugby League Club. Together, we look forward to the next 5 Championship games starting with the game this Sunday against Dewsbury Rams.” 

Fans can join the Rovers Centenary Squad Builder by picking up a form from the Rovers Super Store or Reception at the LD Nutrition Stadium and returning it to the club filled in. Alternatively, fans can download the below form and return it to the club. 

CENTENARY SQUAD BUILDER

Im Fev and im proud

18 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Less than a pint a week folks....

Not in my local spoons - £1.75 a pint and not in Last Orders either, but we take the point.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

TOP TIPS - to gain even more value from your SQUADBUILDER contributions, move to Guildford, where it will cost you less than a pint a fortnight...

Robin's comment was an indication of how little one would be spending from their pockets. There are beer prices that are lower than £10 a month and certainly some higher. The comment wasn't about comparing beer prices but how little comparatively speaking the club was looking for as a contribution. The response has been good may it  continue.

I bet it is sour. But the money asked for is to get the CREAM of players available. Beer originally was used as an example as  we want players to BEHERE not elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Archived