27 Jul: Women's Challenge Cup Final: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos 11.15am (OurLeague + BBC Online)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/07/19 at 10:15

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought, but the game will be played probably in a near empty Stadium, so wouldn't it have been better to stage it at a smaller smart ground such as Featherstone? Close to both places, so a potentially good crowd and atmosphere. 

Ridiculous to have this has the undercard to a double header of semi finals. Shows a lack of confidence in the women's game.

The positive is obviously the BBC Online coverage.

I have no idea what to expect but I'm looking forward to watching it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Ridiculous to have this has the undercard to a double header of semi finals. Shows a lack of confidence in the women's game.

The positive is obviously the BBC Online coverage.

I have no idea what to expect but I'm looking forward to watching it.

I thought the complete opposite, that this raises the profile of the women’s game. By the end of the second half there’ll be 15,000+ watching. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I thought the complete opposite, that this raises the profile of the women’s game. By the end of the second half there’ll be 15,000+ watching. 

The experience from other sports that have done similar - cricket and rugby union in particular - is that the crowds aren't great for the women's game and that those who are there to watch get a bit annoyed by having stages ruined by some well-meaning folk turning up but not being sure where their seats are etc.

The players also seem to prefer having their games as standalone events.

But we'll see how it pans out. RL is often more a community than other sports so hopefully it will work. I'm not against it totally, I'd just prefer to see the RFL add the Women's Cup Final to their list of sellable marquee events. Maybe we'll get there one day.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Slightly O/T.  What is the point of the separate Women & Girls Rugby League Forum?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

9 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Slightly O/T.  What is the point of the separate Women & Girls Rugby League Forum?

We were asked a while back to create one, so we created one.

Like any other bit of the forum, it's there to be used, or not.

Just something else to complain about. If it was a stand alone game,people would want a bigger audience of the semi finals.

People actually complaining of a game played to a national tv audience,just like cricket and rugby union and still they complain.

8 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Why can't we have this as the undercard to the men's CC final, wouldn't that actually be better and give far more credence/viewership?

It's a pretty busy schedule at Wembley already, with the Champion Schools final, the Challenge Cup final and the 1895 Cup final all taking place.

2 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

And the very impressive Hollie was just featured on BBC Breakfast. Great bit of exposure for the game.

And again ... really lovely piece and nicely discussed on the sofa afterwards.

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Great stuff and the women’s game and indeed women’s team sports are snowballing now.  

I have fond memories of the very brief period I helped coach a women’s team - best told over a pint.

Is that a pint you should share with Mark Sampson?

14 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

And the very impressive Hollie was just featured on BBC Breakfast. Great bit of exposure for the game.

Which will be hugely more than the graun and other media outlets. Noticed the RL page link has gone from the main heading on the graun and the sport gets fewer and fewer articles! 

10 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Noticed the RL page link has gone from the main heading on the graun

image.thumb.png.08f754331379d9959e8d434171c7b5bc.png

Archived