28 Jul: Betfred Championship: Rochdale Hornets v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm

Not sure if anyone minds hijacking this thread, but when I was a kid in the late 80s and early 90s I’m sure Rochdale were a decent sized team in the top flight, then I moved away from the NW and had 15-20 years not following RL that closely and now I’m back into it Rochdale are (if you don’t mind me saying it Hornets fans) pretty terrible and their crowds are worse. 

What’s gone wrong, is there much interest in the town and is there any way back? 

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

Rochdale are (if you don’t mind me saying it Hornets fans) pretty terrible and their crowds are worse

What’s gone wrong, is there much interest in the town and is there any way back? 

Why not post your concerns on the Rochdale Hornets forum?

16 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

The thing that pleases me most about this game is that finally the incomplete league table will no longer make me twitchy! ?

Ah, at last, the round one match that Rochdale couldn't be bothered to find a ground for. This will bite the Hornets on the ass. 20 point win for the Rams, this weekend, whereas round one might have been a 20 point win for Hornets. Tough sh**

33 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

This will bite the Hornets on the ass.

Given Hornets’ results and Dewsbury’s hope to avoid the drop you may be right...but again you may not. Then it will be “tough Bleep”!

On 24/07/2019 at 20:01, Eddie said:

Not sure if anyone minds hijacking this thread, but when I was a kid in the late 80s and early 90s I’m sure Rochdale were a decent sized team in the top flight, then I moved away from the NW and had 15-20 years not following RL that closely and now I’m back into it Rochdale are (if you don’t mind me saying it Hornets fans) pretty terrible and their crowds are worse. 

Rugby league in Manchester is on the decline.

A Manchester club with financial backing playing out of the ethiad campus was denied entry to the pro ranks. The backers walked away..  says all you need to know.

On 26/07/2019 at 23:28, yipyee said:

Rugby league in Manchester is on the decline.

A Manchester club with financial backing playing out of the ethiad campus was denied entry to the pro ranks. The backers walked away..  says all you need to know.

Apart from Swinton who are on the up with the best social media in RL, growing crowds,increased success on the field .

Oh and Oldham who are having a great season.

But your previous arguments were that these two huge historic clubs weren't even in Manchester 

Make your mind up 

Archived