28 Jul: Betfred Championship: Rochdale Hornets v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm

15 hours ago, spanishknight said:

You made hard work of that, Rams should have doubled their score,  Rochdale are a poor team.

I won't criticise Dews, they were good enough to beat Fev at Fev and we play them on Sunday at Rams Stadium (still want to call it Crown Flatt)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On 28/07/2019 at 08:37, Mark R said:

Apart from Swinton who are on the up with the best social media in RL, growing crowds,increased success on the field .

Oh and Oldham who are having a great season.

But your previous arguments were that these two huge historic clubs weren't even in Manchester 

Make your mind up 

Where do Swinton play.. Will they take RL to the next level..

Oldham haha pull the other one. They capitulated in spectacular fashion and been kept alive at an amateur level but in league1. They are lucky to be close enough to the heartlands but gone are they days they could be classed as heartlands.

On 25/07/2019 at 12:20, Bleep1673 said:

Ah, at last, the round one match that Rochdale couldn't be bothered to find a ground for. This will bite the Hornets on the ass. 20 point win for the Rams, this weekend, whereas round one might have been a 20 point win for Hornets. Tough sh**

That's quite unfair, and you obviously have little local knowledge. It wasn't the lack of a ground but horrendous weather that caused the original postponement. Where else woud you have had them play - Sussex maybe?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:04, Blind side johnny said:

That's quite unfair, and you obviously have little local knowledge. It wasn't the lack of a ground but horrendous weather that caused the original postponement. Where else woud you have had them play - Sussex maybe?

Every other team in the area managed to get their game played, Sussex? No, I still wouldn't have gone.

22 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Every other team in the area managed to get their game played, Sussex? No, I still wouldn't have gone.

In the Rochdale area? We have hills don't you know.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

So does West Yorkshire.

And that's where I live - when it rains in Lancashire it is often dry in Yorkshire, and vice versa. I am a Dewsbury fan and was dismayed by the postponement but the weather was very  bad in Rochdale at the time (who would expect that in the first week of February in a Pennine town) and it wasn't simply a case of finding another local ground to play on , as your original snarky comment implied. No other pro RL games were played "in the area" on that day.

I would hate to suggest it but possibly you don't know what you are talking about in this particular case.

On 29/07/2019 at 16:24, yipyee said:

Where do Swinton play.. Will they take RL to the next level..

Oldham haha pull the other one. They capitulated in spectacular fashion and been kept alive at an amateur level but in league1. They are lucky to be close enough to the heartlands but gone are they days they could be classed as heartlands.

Make your mind up about what your argument is as you just keep jumping from one topic to another 

Archived