27 Jul: CCSF1: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 2pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/07/19 at 13:00

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Cup inspired Hull FC turn up it should be a good scrap.

If the other Hull FC turn up it won't be.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Having watched Warrington last week, they simply have to play better.

I suspect they will and this could be a classic.

Just think Hull have looked the part in the cup and will just sneak this.

Really looking forward to the game.

Hull haven't put in a bad cup performance since 2015. The one loss was an extremely hard fought game away at Saints when we had 11 men on the field at times. For whatever reason the cup seems to bring the best out of us.

Our bad performances this year have been 99% down to attitude. That won't be a problem in a game like this, and if things click with the ball I'm not sure Warrington in their current form will be able to match us.

It could easily go either way. Austin could have a stormer and Wire might refind their form, but I'm going Hull by 10.

We've all been watching long enough to know that these are standalone games and form counts for little, but I just cant see us troubling Hull.

The firepower is so lacking at the moment, no Ratchford, Brown, BMM, a toothless Currie means Austkn is ineffective as teams just need to focus on him with little threat coming elsewhere.

Hope I am wrong mind.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We've all been watching long enough to know that these are standalone games and form counts for little, but I just cant see us troubling Hull.

The firepower is so lacking at the moment, no Ratchford, Brown, BMM, a toothless Currie means Austkn is ineffective as teams just need to focus on him with little threat coming elsewhere.

Hope I am wrong mind.

Get the underdog mentality in early Dave. 

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Get the underdog mentality in early Dave. 

Surely you know my thoughts on our team at the moment dp?

One thing worse than watching a boring team grind out wins is watching a boring team lose.

Any game involving Hull FC is unpredictable. Warrington went all out against Saints in June and lost and haven't really recovered since then.

That's not to say that they won't on Saturday. It's a huge match and I have no doubt that both sides will raise their game. I fancy Hull to edge it, but the opposite result wouldn't surprise me either.

If the same team gets trotted out again then, regrettably, I just can't see Warrington overcoming a relatively in form Hull. 

As it was once said, 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity'. Wire's best bet to shake things up must surely be to bring in the returning Livett and Johnson. Burrell should start, too.

Is Murdoch-Masila injured still?

2 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Is Murdoch-Masila injured still?

He is in the squad, just a week too early with Ratchford and Brown due back and that will improve the attack and defence.

Wire by plenty

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Two teams are very similar in the fact that they can each serve up rocks or diamonds.

So if one produces rocks and the other diamonds, it'll be a cake walk for the latter 

Both dish up diamonds, we're in for a belter that could go either way. 

Both dish up rocks, we can all watch through our fingers, wring our fists in frustration, blame the weather, Boris and next doors cat and just pray our respective team can earn the right to enjoy a good shellacking from Saints.

Hoping for Double Diamonds and a Wire win.

SkyBet have Warrington as slight favourites (4 on the handicap), but tbh I'm not sure what that is based on.

Form over the last 6 matches:

Wins - Hull 4, Wire 2

Points For (average) - Hull 27, Wire 20

Points against (average) - Hull 22, Wire 16

So Wire appear to have better defence, but Hull are scoring more, and ultimate, winning more at the moment. 

There will need to be a shift in form for Wire to do anything here.

The kids have asked me to point out that Wolfie has gone somewhat AWOL from Social Media in recent weeks and that this has coincided with a dip in form at Wire. ?    ?️‍♂️ ?️‍?️ ? Where's Wolfie ?

Meanwhile, Airlee Bird has "Tweeted" that Hull are "Up for the Cup". ? ?

IMG_9101.JPG

11 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

They're both looking a bit shocked there. I wonder what was said?

? ? Do you remember how the Black & Whites ended their Wembley hoodoo in 2016, beating Warrington 12-10 at the national stadium on arguably the club's greatest day in history ?

?? Gaahh, that's the last time I invite you to a Party !

?? I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here !

?‍✈️ ? Taxi for Mr. Wolfie...... ?

Up early today and it's not looking great out there, absolutely chucking it down and it's looking set for the day. If it's like this in Yorkshire, what's it gonna be like on the rainy side of the Pennines? ?

Not feeling any nerves at the moment which I'm not sure is a good sign. I guess we're due a defeat by Wire in the Cup having beat them in the last two big Cup games, 2013 SF and 2016 Final. (Did I mention the 2016 Final?)

The Wire lot were certainly very gracious after both those games so I won't begrudge them a victory today if that's what's gonna happen.

But this is Hull FC in the Cup we're talking about, of course it won't happen...?

We were destroyed by Blake Austin earlier on in the season and so I think Albert Kelly will be our key player today. He is massively important for us going forward but his defensive hits are also huge so I would think he'll be keeping a close eye on Austin. Whoever wins that particular battle will have a lot to say when it comes to who goes through to Wembley. I'm also hoping for the usual influential game from Jake Connor, his pieces of magic could give us a big advantage.

Hope it's a controversy free game and as exciting as the last Cup SF between these two....

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived