27 Jul: CCSF1: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 2pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/07/19 at 13:00

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Good job two big teams are playing, after we don't want small clubs with xxxx support making the sport look small time on national television.

Were there many empty seats around you?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Davcas1 said:

Should have left him on the bench, without his errors, you win that game.

Trouble with being arrogant, you have to be able to back it up.

Did nothing in attack and is a liability in every other aspect.

Thought the rest of team gave everything and did the fans proud. Hard lines Hull but Well played Warrington.

Excellent game.

Bang on, he should be embarrassed with the way he played. However in part this stems from having 3 front line strike centres vying over two spots, have two centres and stick woth an interchange hooker or 4 forwards. Whilst Griffin can do ok as a stand in 2nd row he really isn't.

ATEOTD Warrington did more things better

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Neither Saints nor Warrington would take more fans than Hull, this is inordinately clear, sorry but you've just backtracked from what you actually think and what your initial comment referred to. Noway was that referring to crowd attendance!

If that's the case then I'm sorry, I was mistaken, I just personally think saints and Warrington would take more fans but seen as you clearly know everything I think then please, tell me what my original message meant. 

I thought it was a poor game.  Wire reverted to the RL version of kick and clap and it worked for them, largely because Hull weren't good enough to play them at football. Although they scored the best try. 

This was one of the precious few occasions when our game gets national coverage on free to air TV, and we serve up this garbage.  That's what I admire about Saints, they keep this sort of thing to a minimum.  That, though it pains me to say it was what I admired about Cas two seasons ago, they did the same.  But for me it was, like the weather,  dull, dull, dull.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Well, Hull gave away a try in the first few minutes.  Not a good idea.  After that they did keep mostly on the front foot for most of the rest of the half,  but did not capitalise enough.  

Then blow me Hull lose another try early in second half.  Definitely not a good idea and as the weather continued, they never were able to repeat their come back trick again in rest of 2nd half.

Hull mistakes gave it to Wire. Except for 20+mins in 1st half they were mostly on the back foot. And the commentariate were right to point out it was Wires kicking game that kept them there. 

Wow that was a toungh game, I was happy with the way Wire controlled the game in the second half especially Austin coming in to it. The full team deservez credit and Ratch being out for 3 months did a great job.  We owed Hull a few for cup defeats but they contributed to make it an exiting and tense game.

Re fans at Wembley Saints take the most if they get there as it is a faily new experience for many.  Wire support at Wembley has dropped off since the 3 wins but still a great day regardless.

Something to look forward to.  Come on Fax ?

Warrington dominated field position mainly due to an outstanding kicking game from Blake Austin. Even so they only really looked like scoring off kicks.

For me Hull were overly negative in twice kicking for goal in the first half when they could have had 6 tackles on the line. With so little field position I thought it was unwise to settle for just 2 on those occasions. Easy with hindsight I suppose.

I actually think that if Minichiello hadn't coughed the ball up after the goal line drop out at 16-14 Hull would have snatched it. It wasn't to be and Warrington deserved it .......just.

54 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Whatever, he's a lazy fecker in defence, we see it every single game. Little man syndrome, hahahaha, I'm nothing special and never was but I'll always be a better defender/tackler than Connor.

Nah I doubt you are. 

I thought it was a good, tense game and the difference between the sides was simply that Hull didn't manage to convert the couple of chances they got at the end of the game. Nowt more in it than that.

I liked how we got stuck in today, but still don't like the tactics. I don't think we have the personnel to just tackle sides out of games, and frankly I think we have players who should be playing more expansive rugby. Arguably the conditions were better suited to what we were doing today and our kicking game certainly did put pressure on Hull and kept them on the back foot for at least tackles 1 and 2.

Good game, didn't expect to win, very pleased. Hard luck Hull.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

I thought it was a good, tense game and the difference between the sides was simply that Hull didn't manage to convert the couple of chances they got at the end of the game. Nowt more in it than that.

I liked how we got stuck in today, but still don't like the tactics. I don't think we have the personnel to just tackle sides out of games, and frankly I think we have players who should be playing more expansive rugby. Arguably the conditions were better suited to what we were doing today and our kicking game certainly did put pressure on Hull and kept them on the back foot for at least tackles 1 and 2.

Good game, didn't expect to win, very pleased. Hard luck Hull.

Two very well matched teams. We offered more threat with the ball I think, but you did the little things very well. Very few errors, very disciplined and the kicking game was very good. Arguably those are more important in those conditions.

There is every chance we will meet again in the playoffs. Hopefully that will be another entertaining game. And hopefully it's a little drier!

4 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Neither Saints nor Warrington would take more fans than Hull, this is inordinately clear, sorry but you've just backtracked from what you actually think and what your initial comment referred to. Noway was that referring to crowd attendance!

Saints Wigan is a bigger Derby with bigger crowds. Saints haven't been to Wembley for 11 years so I would have to disagree. 

5 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Whatever, he's a lazy fecker in defence, we see it every single game. Little man syndrome, hahahaha, I'm nothing special and never was but I'll always be a better defender/tackler than Connor.

I'll criticise certain players but I'll never profess to be better than them. That's because they are professional rugby league players and are right up there with the fittest sportsmen in the World.

What you've posted above is absolute garbage. I would pay good money to see you and Jake Connor have runs at each other with the ball, even if you were the same age, he'd make you look a right tw at. You'd never be able to lay a finger on him.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

Didn't pass your geography exam then. Last time I looked Warrington was in Cheshire.

Just ignore the bloody troll.

5 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Nah I doubt you are. 

I'm absolutely certain he's nothing special.

It was a very close game, but I thought Warrington deserved to win. Hull FC made a number of errors coming away from their line and were punished for them.

The conditions for that game were particularly filthy, so it is credit to both sets of players that they put on such an entertaining game. If the league table stays the same, the same two sides would meet in the first week of the play offs, and again that would be a very interesting game!

Austin came to the fore with a good kicking game today, which is different to his running game which is usually his more notable feature. That's an encouraging sign for Warrington, as was the steel they showed when Hull FC threatened a fightback late on.

Strangely, the first ever final between Warrington and Saints next month. It should be a fantastic occasion, hopefully without the rain of today!

Felt bad for Westerman dropping that ball, for Philbin to score. Bad pass from Kelly. I liked Westerman at Warrington, he's a talented player.

I didn't have us down (Warrington) for a win today. Happy we did.

My head tells me Sint Elins will be at their best for Wembley, and we won't quite have it in the ammunition to win. 

What shouldn't go unmentioned is wires line speed and effort to force that error for the last try. 

I only got to see the 2nd half as was af York races but I thought we were in relative control. As per my usual comments, and ti echo Browny, our tactics are simply not good enough though. Price still really has to prove himself at this level.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

What shouldn't go unmentioned is wires line speed and effort to force that error for the last try. 

I only got to see the 2nd half as was af York races but I thought we were in relative control. As per my usual comments, and ti echo Browny, our tactics are simply not good enough though. Price still really has to prove himself at this level.

FFS cheer up Dave. Steve Price now has 3 finals out of 3 entered.
I watched Wire for 30 odd years before we started getting to finals. Now we seem to go to one or two ever year. Bloody well cheer up and enjoy it.

Warrington were the better team and deserved to win but who knows what could have happened if Hull had taken advantage of the drop out when they were two points behind. Hull were consistently having to start their sets on their own line and will take its toll when you are up against a team whose line speed was as good as Warrington's was.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but a major difference was the pressure put on the respective kickers. Sneyd was obviously a constant target and was continually hit late after a kick, nothing particularly dirty aside from a shoulder charge when he was still in the air. On the flip side, Blake Austin was allowed all the time in the world to put his kick wherever he wanted. 

Also, in the first half, Wire seemed to lie on a fair bit longer than Hull which is great tactics as long as the ref in charge lets you get away with it. It seemed to me that Hull were employing that more in the second half and they too failed to get pulled for it. At least we picked that up although it should have happened a lot sooner.

So Wire played smart, we didn't, but cut out our errors, especially Minichiello's howler when it looked like we were finally piling on pressure, and we may have nicked it at the end.

It wasn't to be though and best wishes to Wire in the Final.

(I would normally side with Saints but the sight of about half a dozen young lads in St Helens shirts, aged around 7/8 years old, walking into a pub singing "W*nky, w*nky Warrington ? with their "proud" parents beaming in delight has made my mind up as to who I'd like to see lift the Cup.)

Archived