27 Jul: CCSF1: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 2pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 1 to 6 points
    • Hull FC by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull FC by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/07/19 at 13:00

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

(I would normally side with Saints but the sight of about half a dozen young lads in St Helens shirts, aged around 7/8 years old, walking into a pub singing "W*nky, w*nky Warrington ? with their "proud" parents beaming in delight has made my mind up as to who I'd like to see lift the Cup.)

The sound maybe turned down for a cc final for the first time when Saints and wire fans will embarrass the game with their  chanting ( w4nky Warrington and sh7t helens) I say this as a  Warrington fan. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

FFS cheer up Dave. Steve Price now has 3 finals out of 3 entered.
I watched Wire for 30 odd years before we started getting to finals. Now we seem to go to one or two ever year. Bloody well cheer up and enjoy it.

This is the point though, of course I enjoy the winning and have particularly enjoyed the semi finals of the last 18m but the entertainment is lacking.

We have an excellent team of players. We are not winning because of tactics.

The only thing that embarrassed me yesterday were the d*ckheads behind our lists who started throwing beer and bottles onto the pitch when Warrington scored at the end. It's people like them that make others think our club is full of scumbags. Those people need spotting on CCTV and banning. Wouldn't be surprised if we copped a fine for the sheer number of people choosing to do it (including the moron that ran from the neck of the stand to the front to launch a bottle from a better shot). We'd deserve one and hopefully it would send out a message to our idiots that think this is OK that it actually damages OUR club if they can't control themselves.

Gutted about the game, but the result was fair. Just wasn't our day. Conditions shocking. Didn't adapt as well as them.

Wire should hope for a downpour at Wembley because Saints looked awful in the rain.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Was the same in the Grand Final in the Wire end last year. All clubs have the scores who wont be happy until alcohol is banned in grounds.

The atmosphere is pretty unpleasant for a lot of these big games in certain parts. Nit just Hull with this problem unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Was the same in the Grand Final in the Wire end last year. All clubs have the scores who wont be happy until alcohol is banned in grounds.

The atmosphere is pretty unpleasant for a lot of these big games in certain parts. Nit just Hull with this problem unfortunately. 

Something unsavoury usually happens at the GF. I doubt they’ll change the kick off time though.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

This is the point though, of course I enjoy the winning and have particularly enjoyed the semi finals of the last 18m but the entertainment is lacking.

Well done to Wire and deserved winners.  Best wishes in the Final.  

I think one of the main differences, in that as OF says, Austin was allowed to kick.  That tactic was employed throughout the game directly on Faraimos side and it came off.  

Hull had their chances and didn't take them.  

38 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Well done to Wire and deserved winners.  Best wishes in the Final.  

I think one of the main differences, in that as OF says, Austin was allowed to kick.  That tactic was employed throughout the game directly on Faraimos side and it came off.  

Hull had their chances and didn't take them.  

Like I say, I only saw the 2nd half but I was impressed with the territorial wins we made. Total stats show we made only 8 more Carrie's but made 230m more than Hull. I think we were finishing our sets in good positions for the dangerous kicks whereas a lot of Hulls kicks were bombs from halfway or so. 

I think Wire's line speed was a real advantage and the  the forwards did a sterling job trundling the ball up.

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

What shouldn't go unmentioned is wires line speed and effort to force that error for the last try. 

I only got to see the 2nd half as was af York races but I thought we were in relative control. As per my usual comments, and ti echo Browny, our tactics are simply not good enough though. Price still really has to prove himself at this level.

Disagree. Today’s tactics were perfect for the conditions. We were never going to win if we played open rugby in incessant rain. Some really good game management out there yesterday.

45 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

Disagree. Today’s tactics were perfect for the conditions. We were never going to win if we played open rugby in incessant rain. Some really good game management out there yesterday.

Yesterday wasn't the issue, but I think that is because we didnt change our game massively, the conditions suited our tactical style.

But it shouldn't be ignored that it wasnt tactics that scored those two tries from errors, it was from great effort, which cant be faulted at all under Price. 

With 15 minutes to go and 20m out Austin rammed it into touch. We sent a signal out that we were looking to defend our lead. It worked yesterday, but I'd personally prefer a shift in tactics as I think we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure and dont capitalise on any dominance in the big games.

We will have to do a lot more than we have all year to win at Wembley, but we look more dangerous with Ratch and BMM back in the side, and Saints have shown a few times in recent years that they are more than bearable in key games.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Total stats show we made only 8 more Carrie's but made 230m more than Hull.

I also though it was a bit of a horror show.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I thought he was just trying to pronounce 'Currie' like a posh person.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I thought he was just trying to pronounce 'Currie' like a posh person.

I've met him, he ain't posh.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I thought it was a very good game of attritional wet weather rugby and that Warrington were just a bit better at that game than Hull were. Having said that, Hull came agonisingly close to nicking it but just as the excitement started to build and we sensed a dramatic finish our bubble was immediately burst by the balls-up early in the set after the drop out. I suppose errors like that are the difference between the winners and the also-rans.

Agree with the earlier comments about Warrington's superior line speed and kick pressure. I thought the game exposed Hull's main weakness at the moment and that's our ageing back row forwards. A situation which thankfully appears to be being addressed.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

8 hours ago, Dave T said:

Apologies Dave, in the cold light of day my post might have come across as rather aggressive.

It wasn’t meant that way. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Apologies Dave, in the cold light of day my post might have come across as rather aggressive.

It wasn’t meant that way. 

No problem at all mate, I can understand fellow Wire fans being frustrated with my perceived negativity over the tactics. But I'm not a negative RL fan by nature, I've been a Wire fan for over 30 years and optimism and positivity has kept me going many of those years, but I am struggling somewhat with the negative style- it is not unlike Wigan winning those titles despite segments of their fans being bored. Some of them will love the titles, but their crowds are way down.

I'm not a win-at-all-costs kind of guy, I need to be entertained, but appreciate we dont all think the same.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The only thing that embarrassed me yesterday were the d*ckheads behind our lists who started throwing beer and bottles onto the pitch when Warrington scored at the end. It's people like them that make others think our club is full of scumbags. Those people need spotting on CCTV and banning. Wouldn't be surprised if we copped a fine for the sheer number of people choosing to do it (including the moron that ran from the neck of the stand to the front to launch a bottle from a better shot). We'd deserve one and hopefully it would send out a message to our idiots that think this is OK that it actually damages OUR club if they can't control themselves.

Gutted about the game, but the result was fair. Just wasn't our day. Conditions shocking. Didn't adapt as well as them.

Wire should hope for a downpour at Wembley because Saints looked awful in the rain.

Apparently an Asian reporter (his words not mine) for Calendar  was racially abused on camera by a Hull “fan” at the game. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArifAhmedITV

rldfsignature.jpg

27 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Apparently an Asian reporter (his words not mine) for Calendar  was racially abused on camera by a Hull “fan” at the game. 

Yes, was reading about that. Whilst j hate having to read about this kind of stuff, we shouldn't sweep it under the carpet and we should be responding publicly to this.

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, was reading about that. Whilst j hate having to read about this kind of stuff, we shouldn't sweep it under the carpet and we should be responding publicly to this.

Absolutely agree. I thought we were all done with this nasty, idiotic racism. Maybe I'm just idealistic.

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

With 15 minutes to go and 20m out Austin rammed it into touch. We sent a signal out that we were looking to defend our lead.

Just getting to watch the game back with commentary and got to this point. Was interested to hear Noble and Davies agreeing with my stance here that we should have been taking advantage of our dominance and going for either a repeat set or a try. They raised the concern that Hull could sneak one and be right back in it.

So, Hull then make 65m on the next set, get a repeat from the kick and score on tackle 2. Less than 2 minutes after the kick into touch we have seen the game turn. 

It is that kind of tactic I have an issue with, too many times it is our natural instinct to go negative, when some of the attacking kicks had been outstanding.

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Michael Vaughan was Impressed

So much admiration & respect for Rugby league players .. The attitude & commitment from both teams was incredible .. What a semi final that was

https://twitter.com/MichaelVaughan

So was Melinda Farrell of ESPN Crickinfo

This is a brilliantly entertaining first half between Warrington and Hull. Especially considering the conditions. #ChallengeCup

https://twitter.com/melindafarrell

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

One or Two people behaving in an appalling way does not apply to all people.  The Reported should not make an assumption on Social media that nothing will be done.

If these are identified they should be dealt with.  Neither Club (if both fans are associated with either) want this.

Archived