27 Jul: CCSF2: St Helens v Halifax KO 4.30pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax by 1 to 6 points
    • Halifax by 7 to 12 points
    • Halifax by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/07/19 at 15:30

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

And still Wilkin said nothing about Fax in his interview with Walmsley, his sycophantic ramblings about Saints make me puke

Although he plays for TWP he never has anything complimentary to say about the Championship.

29 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Anti-Rugby at its finest from Halifax. A bit of heart and effort in defence but they actually have not made any attempt to actually win this game here. I’m not sure what the thinking behind this was, really. Did they think they could keep us scoreless? Did they think they’d tire us out and then as we’re battling exhaustion, push us over ala Homer Simpson’s boxing career? Who knows?

Anyway, that’s one demon somewhat exorcised. Lose-lose this one. We lost and it would have been the biggest shock in RL and win and it’s only Halifax. 

I really hope Danny Richardson enjoyed playing Halifax. He’ll be there for most of his career now. He’s sub standard. He’s regressed beyond belief. Championship bound. 

Nice to see your as classless in victory as you are in defeat.

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Are you bitter because we got a better game off the 8th best team in the second tier than we’ve had off the postbox bothering rectums this year?

Have you got your parents permission to come on an adults rugby forum ??

35 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Comedy gold

Say what you want but he's obviously been told not to give penalties at the play of the ball, towards the end there was one penalty given to Saint's but the Fax player had to lie on for a minute and insist a penalty was given against him before the referee obliged 

2 minutes ago, hullste said:

Say what you want but he's obviously been told not to give penalties at the play of the ball, towards the end there was one penalty given to Saint's but the Fax player had to lie on for a minute and insist a penalty was given against him before the referee obliged 

Play of the ball,do you go to the same primary school as poor sad Oliver ?

3 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Hope the final is a good game by two good teams and a good Wembley crowd 

Agree. I also hope everyone who moans about crowds on here buy a ticket. 

Congrats to St.Helens but they didnt impress at all! Take Roby out and I am not sure they would have won. Attack was awful from and lacked little imagination despite all that possession. I thought St.Helens before the game would clear all silverware. I feel they dont look so unbeatable now.  However I think the way Fax played showed St.Helens have some weaknesses and rely alot on Roby, Coote and Thompson. Today they looked disorganized and struggled to be creative for me.

Fax surprised me as we have been very poor often this season including last week at Dewsbury. But they played as a team and gave a lesson to St.Helens in playing for each other and having enthuiasm. The unusual tactics of short kick offs and kicking early etc alongside a great aggressive defence had St.Helens looking clueless for long periods. Great to see the fans enjoying the day out and singing even when losing. The big question is now can Fax build on this both on and off the field in future?

59 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Anti-Rugby at its finest from Halifax. A bit of heart and effort in defence but they actually have not made any attempt to actually win this game here. I’m not sure what the thinking behind this was, really. Did they think they could keep us scoreless? Did they think they’d tire us out and then as we’re battling exhaustion, push us over ala Homer Simpson’s boxing career? Who knows?

Anyway, that’s one demon somewhat exorcised. Lose-lose this one. We lost and it would have been the biggest shock in RL and win and it’s only Halifax. 

I really hope Danny Richardson enjoyed playing Halifax. He’ll be there for most of his career now. He’s sub standard. He’s regressed beyond belief. Championship bound. 

Go count your hubcaps, you are graceless individual. 

Not managed to watch the game but sounds like an epic performance from Halifax. Well done to them and everyone involved in the club. I have no doubt they made the town and their supporters very proud today.

Great to see Saints in the final again after 11yrs; won't be able to go/watch but should be a cracker against Warrington.

21 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Agree. I also hope everyone who moans about crowds on here buy a ticket. 

Sadly for most I know it's the travel cost that stops them attending the final.

15 minutes ago, Bod said:

Sadly for most I know it's the travel cost that stops them attending the final.

I know. London is stupid expenses. Plus travel costs. 

Why was this game even played? It was clear from minute one that Kendall was going to give everything to Saints. The second Saints try, where Saints got a penalty for throwing the ball away after Halifax should have had a repeat set, climaxing with Peyroux knocking on over the line, really brought the game into disrepute.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived