London sign new halfback from Sydney Roosters

Link

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-sydney-roosters-brock-lamb-set-to-sign-with-london-broncos/e70b736e-6216-4b7d-b848-660d1b1060f0

If he has half the impact that Jackson Hastings had on Salford all may not yet be lost.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hope he goes well. He started out as a Knights junior and came through the grades.My brother actually played against him. Unfortunately for Lamb he came through just at the time when we were going awfully coming last 3 years in a row and our player depth was non existant, so essentially he debuted before he was ready and therefore went through some tough times on the footy field. 

8 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Good signing I am sure BUT the area we lack is go forward. We need strengthening here as a priority. 

Is it? It's not the go forward IMHO, you're no worse than the majority of other clubs, it's the experience and depth that London lack, it's the not getting out the blocks. Too many times London have lost games simply because the opposition have run up a score before half time before they've sorted themselves out and then shown their true colours.

Even a small increase in quality all round (hopefully with this signing) plus doing the things that stops teams getting a roll on (easier said than done) allayed with the fantastic attitude and wanting to play for each other will improve London and turn a few losses into wins.

If Mark Minichello wants another year in the UK before packing it in and isn't asking stupid money then he'd be a decent signing for London, yes he has his sloppy bits of his play (he offers more than Gareth Ellis on the field and has done for several years) but a one year deal helping to get a group of younger players together I could see as been a good fit for London and him.

47 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Is it?

Don't agree. Having watched pretty much every game home and away this season the glaring issue is direct go forward. Using outside backs to make ground only takes you so far. We need a Scott Taylor or Alex Walmesley type player.

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Is it? It's not the go forward IMHO, you're no worse than the majority of other clubs, it's the experience and depth that London lack, it's the not getting out the blocks. Too many times London have lost games simply because the opposition have run up a score before half time before they've sorted themselves out and then shown their true colours.

Even a small increase in quality all round (hopefully with this signing) plus doing the things that stops teams getting a roll on (easier said than done) allayed with the fantastic attitude and wanting to play for each other will improve London and turn a few losses into wins.

If Mark Minichello wants another year in the UK before packing it in and isn't asking stupid money then he'd be a decent signing for London, yes he has his sloppy bits of his play (he offers more than Gareth Ellis on the field and has done for several years) but a one year deal helping to get a group of younger players together I could see as been a good fit for London and him.

I agree with Magic, having seen them for the last few seasons, that is where our major problem has always been. Our team all round is small, and the fact our forward pack is also small makes it so much harder.

If we had a big forward who could run it in hard and not get dominated then we will be in a much better position. We should of tried and signed Clark from Castleford for the rest of the year IMO.

Archived