Bevan French for Wigan

13 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Bevan French goes like brown stuff off a stick and I’d argue is an upgrade on all the wingers above, some of who may be released.

Haven't seen him play this year at all.  3 years ago he was scoring well but since then hes tailed off.  Í don't think he will add anything to what they already have out wide.  Maybe FB.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Allora said:

You would be an expert on the NRL then Davo5?

You actually know not much at all looking at the drivel you post.

Wigan were a big Club in England, not sure if they still are.....

They would be on par with West Tigers in the NRL.

No expert just a fan but seeing how you seem to find every excuse not to attend matches and have previously stated you have little interest in some NRL clubs,I'd bet I have a better understanding of it than you.

Hmm I'm pretty sure Wigan are the current Superleague champions and were world club champions only a couple of years ago,on the other hand Parra have won what since the early 80s ?? they can hope to get on a par with Wests I suppose.

Nice editing by the way.

30 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No expert just a fan but seeing how you seem to find every excuse not to attend matches and have previously stated you have little interest in some NRL clubs,I'd bet I have a better understanding of it than you..

Hmm I'm pretty sure Wigan are the current Superleague champions and were world club champions only a couple of years ago,on the other hand Parra have won what since the early 80s ?? they can hope to get on a par with Wests I suppose.

Nice editing by the way.

Should I have interest in every NRL Club, why?

I bet you wouldn't

I was editing my post before you put your reply and silly confused smiley up.

Parramatta have slightly more difficult opposition than some of the also ran Clubs in Super League that barely compete or hang in there season to season.

How many Clubs are competitive regularly In Super League, 4, 6 at best?

I would put my money on Parramatta versus Wigan every day of the week to win 90% of the time

Anyway I am out, what do they say about arguing or debating with idiots......

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

47 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Burgess has the physique of a centre and isn't as fast as he was, but I don't think he's got the skills.  I can see Hardaker being bumped up to centre.  

I agree ref Burgess but if you put Hardaker to centre and French to FB, you also weaken your side - French isn’t an organiser, nor a strong defender. He’s very much in the Adam Quinlan mould 

14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

French’s pace will be lethal in SL but, yeah, Burgess will be retained and probably play on the left.

I’d imagine Dom Manfredi’s head is on the chopping block and Tom Davies isn’t exactly world class.

With a reserve grade surely clubs can operate with a far bigger squad?

2 hours ago, Allora said:

You would be an expert on the NRL then Davo5?

If that was the case why is he languishing in reserve grade and no other NRL Clubs coming in for him?

You actually don't appear to know much at all looking at the drivel you post.

Wigan were a big Club in England, not sure if they still are..... who are they competing against? Wakefield, London, Hull KR and Huddersfield?

Must be tough at the top. 

They would be on par with West Tigers in the NRL on a good day.

You certainly don’t seem to be an expert on the Super League,try to keep up.

In the Wigan Evening Post, Lam says that he doesn’t know where he will play him yet, but lists as possibilities 1, with Hardaker moving to the centres, 6, where apparently he has shone in reserve grade in Oz, or the wing if we have a lot of injuries there. Seems a bit odd to me for French to come all this way with no clear intention of his own, but there is some logic from our perspective. I think he will be great for us wherever he plays, As Ray French (his uncle) said apropos of Joe Lydon “there’s no excuse for pace”. 

10 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

In the Wigan Evening Post, Lam says that he doesn’t know where he will play him yet, but lists as possibilities 1, with Hardaker moving to the centres, 6, where apparently he has shone in reserve grade in Oz, or the wing if we have a lot of injuries there. Seems a bit odd to me for French to come all this way with no clear intention of his own, but there is some logic from our perspective. I think he will be great for us wherever he plays, As Ray French (his uncle) said apropos of Joe Lydon “there’s no excuse for pace”. 

I'm really annoyed with myself for googling to see if Ray French is Bevan French's uncle!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

At this stage of the season and with Wigan's injury record this year a back with pace to burn who can play a few positions seems like a good signing.

15 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Moving Hardaker to the centres would be good from an England perspective. 

On 29/07/2019 at 09:06, Allora said:

He has struggled to break into a team that has been in the wrong half of the competition for the previous two years.

Have Parramatta missed something?

I think he's been unfortunate that that the people in his position seem to be playing well. 

Ferguson worked his way back into Origin, Gutherson and Sivo have been quite consistent IMO. 

I think Paramattas forwards lack a bit of steel and Moses can be very much rocks and diamonds at times hence the inconsistent form. 

French's size has always been an issue which is much more exposed in the NRL. He will have more space in SL which will do him wonders. I personally think in an environment like Melbourne French could be one of the top try scorers in the league. I think his lack of size can mentally get the better of him hence goes missing in games. I good people coach like Craig Bellamy could correct that but I think wit the wealth of talent in the outside backs in the NRL it wasn't worth a club taking the risk. 

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Hardaker was expected to play centre at the World Cup instead of John Bateman, I believe. 

That sentence is a damning statement on our centre stocks ... or how Bennett sees them ! 

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

He played centre for Penrith to be fair

I think Zak may not be picked for England even if in good form given his off field actions down the years. As it is at Centre we don't have alot of options so a Back Row or Zak may make sense. 

With French, as mentioned above he may even turn up at 6 as that raw pace always creates options or he may be a impact player off the bench ala Escare last year. 

Wigan may have got him on a very good deal as he wants to be with a club who are highly regarded in the NRL so to get back there. 

Hardaker was good for leeds in the centres for a while until he moved to FB. This signing would suggest either Burgess or Hardaker moving into the centres to make way for French unless one of the many wingers makes way. Good signing in any case, potential to be really exciting.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived