Ban the acting half-back form being able

1 minute ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

I'm not the only one who has suggested this. It looks too easy to score from there on occasions, especially if we went to 11 a side as i want to, with a 5m defensive line.  

I asked you why ? , Not which other posters have suggested it , so again why ?

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I asked you why ? , Not which other posters have suggested it , so again why ?

I did answer. 

26 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Don’t bother replying to him. He has a history of strange and ridiculous statements and ideas.

He wants to ditch international teams as we know them and have Europe as one team.

As for an European team, France are rubbish, Scotland, Ireland, Italy etc. shouldn't be allowed to play as they have so many Aussies in their sides, the only reason why i don't go on about it often is due to Serbia, i feel RL is made for Serbs and Lebanese people. 

Topball!

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

1 hour ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

I'm not the only one who has suggested this. It looks too easy to score from there on occasions, especially if we went to 11 a side as i want to, with a 5m defensive line.  

You can't always get what you want.

No 11 a side, no 5m defensive line

What evidence do you have that it's too easy to score from AHB? How many tries are scored from AHB?

Are you really a fan? 

Next you'll be saying that you should get an extra point for a try if you score earlier in the tackle count. 4 for 5th, 5 for 4th, 6 for 3rd, 7 for 2nd, 8 for 1st and a bonus point for zero making it 10 for a try if you score on zero!

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Why?

As a teacher/coach of kids, I would often ban the acting-half-back from running with the ball in casual games, turning the role into one of distribution, with a play-maker at either side evaluating options. It increased the involvement of other players, increased general playability and enjoyment, and added, rather than subtracted,  extra variability to the attack .The ramifications for such an approach are interesting, and worth a little consideration. Eliminating the acting-half-back “scoot”, for instance, would change the dynamics of the sport in significant ways, not all of them bad.

The scorn and disdain poured, by some, on suggestions for change make me wonder if the sport has at last evolved to absolute perfection, can never be surpassed, must never need to react to changing circumstances. It doesn’t always look so to me.

I can see why you’d discourage children from doing so when playing the game as a tool to make them think and to learn the game in a different way. I can imagine, a bit like kids football, where kids are reluctant to pass, kids playing Rugby League will, if allowed, will scoot out of dummy half and run at the opposition. 

At open age, I don’t see why it should be banned, I don’t think there’s any massive numbers of tries scored from dummy half in comparison to tries scored from kicks, breaks etc. 

Its the tries or attempts at tries from high kicks that spoils SL for me.... its more often the last ditch attempt of having failed to play rugby as in a passing game as distinct from just a battering ram approach with forwards until a high kick for the backs to run on to...  its absolutely "xxxxx" entertainment 

Game over if you find the Golden Snitch.

Double points if you kick a goal with your weaker foot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Banning the dummy half surely means more defenders out wide. Which mean fewer cross field passing moves to put the outside backs in. Which is what we want to see. Can see the logic below under 13 mind.

13 hours ago, Number 16 said:

I hate to say it, but the OP could have merit at grassroots level where too many players in the dummy half position close to the line get White Line Fever.

But overall, it's a big and beautiful NO to the suggestion.

When playing tick and pass in training we always invoked what was known as the "no pussy tries" rule. Fair to say it didn't apply in actual games, though.

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Make tries from passing movements more valuble than tries from kicks.

I'd certainly be up for that.  I thought Hull's first try was worth at least two or Wire's. So double?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

I'd certainly be up for that.  I thought Hull's first try was worth at least two or Wire's. So double?

It should be like diving where there is a multiplier against every difficulty of try. So:

Try from a grubber / bomb - (×0.5)

Try from dummy-half run - (×0.5)

Try from one pass move - (×1.0)

Try from 2-3 pass move - (×1.4)

Try from 4+ pass move - (×2.0)

Try includes a pass through the legs - (x4.0)

Additional 1.5× difficulty multiplier available for each try at discretion of home crowd / lead Sky commentator.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived