Derby week

townie88

After a weekend off for our lads I hope we can really build on what we seen last time out. Hopefully the little break will have helped a few out who were struggling with knocks. Can we expect olly back? Bolton? 

Going to be a real tough afternoon. Haven have been so consistent this year and are closing in on the title. A defeat against us could open the window for newcastle however. 

Hope as many town fans go as possible.

Predictions??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct they have been very consistent all season and know how to grind out wins.However this is a derby game and form goes out the window, we just need to concentrate on our own game and play to our strengths rather than playing to subdue them.They will play up the middle and be strong ,but lack flair and attack near the line .We shouldn't just treat this as another game because it is a derby ,but we also shouldn't focus on how it could affect their league position,and be more concerned about how it can affect our own and help us secure play off rugby .

Love a derby game and this one is huge for both clubs in different ways gonna stick my neck out and say haven by 14-20 we have to win should be a belting atmosphere and a big crowd is expected

Just got a feeling of town turning up and taking a close win. We need to show a hell of a lot more pride than we did at derwent park where haven completely out done us in that aspect. Haven will win the league now regardless and fully deserve to 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Think a lot will depend on if forber is fit, our attack flows much better when he's involved - no obvious replacement as we seen in the matches where he missed. Need a complete 80 minute performance and to complete sets to stand any chance 

5 hours ago, wonky said:

Just got a feeling of town turning up and taking a close win. We need to show a hell of a lot more pride than we did at derwent park where haven completely out done us in that aspect. Haven will win the league now regardless and fully deserve to 

I think Newcastle still have a good shout of finishing top.

21 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They have just lost Mikey Lewis who is quality and evrything goes through him he will be a massive loss to them now 

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Not a chance, they’ll lose at Oldham and haven will win the last 3

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

If the performance that we produced against Keighley wasn't a one-off and we can carry that rediscovered commitment and pride in the shirt through to the weekend then I fancy a Town win.  As someone has said though , Buffers participation is crucial and I hope he is available. Didn't look good though when he had to come off with the shoulder injury as Carl is one of the most resilient of players, shrugging off head shots and getting through a ton of tackling game on game. If he is out then maybe time for a telling cameo performance from Blain Marwood --- a fiery baptism l know but l believe he could surprise us.  

36 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Signed a lad from Cas they have had on loan. Believe me Newcastle have to go up this year @:%^ or bust. 

What about the  academy set up they've got going now though? Surely that's long term planning

Understand that they will be desperate to get promoted but if they don't then surely they'll go again next season?

5 minutes ago, Town Army said:

What about the  academy set up they've got going now though? Surely that's long term planning

Understand that they will be desperate to get promoted but if they don't then surely they'll go again next season?

Yes they will,compared to what Kutdi has invested in the Falcons his expenditure in the Thunder is small change.

Archived