WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Fave ever rant was years ago he was nissed in  Spain and tried to have a conversation on here, funny as owt, do you remember it?

Don't recall it specifically, but then would I have been able to tell the difference from the other conversations? :kolobok_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Chamey said:

Trying to catch up on it on twitter, Gledhill needs to separate being a fan from being a journo.

Apart from Phil Clarke 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

When I saw what the admission prices are for championship rugby at Odsal I can't say I would be suprised if they were having cash flow problems. It's all very well having advance prices and family tickets available pre game but Odsal is the one ground where the weather on the day plays a significant part on the attendence, and obviously the prices have ailenated a lot of people who due to personal circumstances don't wish to purchase a season or advance ticket, or did no one consider these facts!?

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

If someone paid out RFL cash on that basis they need sacking quickly, the lease has value. Sell the land and let the council help out Bradford from the proceeds

Why should my council tax go to bailing out them? Any proceeds from the sale of the s***hole should be used for the benefit of all the residents of the BMDC. 

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

If someone paid out RFL cash on that basis they need sacking quickly, the lease has value. Sell the land and let the council help out Bradford from the proceeds

But why should they?

Is this truly the best way that a council could spend it's money in current circumstances?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Bradford racking up CCJ's also not paying clubs their part of gate receipts from the challenge cup and the RFL having to take that money out their future funding. They are almost unsustainable as a championship team nevermind a SL one.

Oh dear and i thought they was back on a even keel

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I Had the LE yesterday but hadn't read the article till John put in his twopennorth, so I now I've read it is it ok to say something now ?

It’s always ok to comment on a story you’ve read in League Express.

its just not ok to post the entire story on here for other people to read for nowt, which is what the opening poster did and which is why I ‘put in my twopennorth’.

Hope that’s clear.

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It’s always ok to comment on a story you’ve read in League Express.

its just not ok to post the entire story on here for other people to read for nowt, which is what the opening poster did and which is why I ‘put in my twopennorth’.

Hope that’s clear.

Christal 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I hope Bulls can stay in the city ,but when I see Odsal now it makes me sad . Everyone knows how hard it is for RL clubs go even redevelop their stadia let alone move to a brand new ones .if they cant think about a move to Valley Parade how about playing at Farsley Celtic for awhile quite a few Bulls fans in this area ?

JAMIE PEACOCK

12 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I hope Bulls can stay in the city ,but when I see Odsal now it makes me sad . Everyone knows how hard it is for RL clubs go even redevelop their stadia let alone move to a brand new ones .if they cant think about a move to Valley Parade how about playing at Farsley Celtic for awhile quite a few Bulls fans in this area ?

Farsley would be a non-starter. The ground is too small, it's a long, long way from having the required facilities and the local area could never cope with the traffic demand.

Horsfall would be a more suitable option, surely?

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Farsley would be a non-starter. The ground is too small, it's a long, long way from having the required facilities and the local area could never cope with the traffic demand.

Horsfall would be a more suitable option, surely?

It seems Damian Irvine and Bradford Park Avenue have parted company.

Other than a terse statement on the BPA website it doesn't give much away - but that may put the kybosh on going to that stadium.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

I can't see how Horsfall is any more suitable than Farsley as the capacity is only 3,500 and a lot of that is standing next to the athletics track. It's a pretty rubbish place to watch football, although they did kindly provide a beer tent the last time I was there.

I haven't read the League Express yet, so I still don't know what's going on at Odsal. If there's absolutely no chance of a ground share with Bradford City then some sort of ground share with Park Avenue at a new/renovated ground would make sense. There's no need for three separate stadiums in Bradford. With current crowds (a little over 500) Park Avenue probably don't have much power to sway a decision but they have been doing reasonably well and if they ever got back into the football league who knows.

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Bradford racking up CCJ's also not paying clubs their part of gate receipts from the challenge cup and the RFL having to take that money out their future funding. They are almost unsustainable as a championship team nevermind a SL one.

Is this the same Bradford whose fans mocked, ridiculed and lambasted Huddersfield as a "joke club" and a "disgrace to the game" etc and who insisted back in 2005 that we'd be bust and irrelevant in 10 years while they continued their world domination?

I don't like to see any club struggle, but forgive me a slight snigger- again.

I do hope for their decent, loyal fans sake they can sort themselves out but it seems unlikely given their recent history.

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

They could share with, say, Halifax, Keighley, Batley, Dewsbury, Huddersfield etc, I'm sure fans of those clubs would welcome them with open arms  and not mention the aggressive marketing strategies Bradford used in those towns to entice people away from their local clubs etc:kolobok_whistle:

30 minutes ago, meast said:

They could share with, say, Halifax, Keighley, Batley, Dewsbury, Huddersfield etc, I'm sure fans of those clubs would welcome them with open arms  and not mention the aggressive marketing strategies Bradford used in those towns to entice people away from their local clubs etc:kolobok_whistle:

that last comment was a fair one , but I don't like to kick them when they're down 

JAMIE PEACOCK

44 minutes ago, meast said:

Wait, clubs should only be allowed to advertise within their own postcodes? 

I can't possibly see why a club trying to promote themselves to new fans should be something to criticise.

27 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Boston Bulls sounds better. 

But not as good as Bradford Bulls does. 

There must be something sinister underlying the surface that we the public are not privvy to, with the so called latent potential awaiting to surface, what is the real reason that no rich guy who has money to spare and wants a hobby isn't intrested or can't  be enticed?

Archived