WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

11 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

Don't really think so Johnny.

The RFL have been very 'hands on' in bringing in their preferred candidate and recommending them as 'fit and proper', people who turn out to be neither fit nor proper. If we were ever to go bust again I pray that we'll get no more 'help' from the RFL.

the thing is if the RFL did not find new owners just where is that long line of wannabe owners going to come from.

no new owner no club .beggars cant be choosers 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bulliac said:

The RFL have been very 'hands on' in bringing in their preferred candidate and recommending them as 'fit and proper', people who turn out to be neither fit nor proper. If we were ever to go bust again I pray that we'll get no more 'help' from the RFL.

Preferred as aganst what?

The RFL wanted a club in Bradford, as do the rest of RL, but they hardly went out to recruit some preferred owners did they. Please be objective - the whole of the RL world really isn't anti-Bradford.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Bulliac said:

You do understand what the term 'fit and proper' means in the case of RFL approval of club officials?

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You do understand what the term 'fit and proper' means in the case of RFL approval of club officials?

I was going to suggest breathing but thinking of some examples I've seen sitting in Director's seat's over the years I don't think thats applicable either☠️

9 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

This is amazing.

After a matchday experience of Kearball, most of us are keen to get out of the stadium.?

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17830726.car-smashes-turnstiles-odsal-stadium/

When you  move to Dewsbury it will be described as a ramraid.................???

On 10/08/2019 at 19:41, Blind side johnny said:

Preferred as aganst what?

The RFL wanted a club in Bradford, as do the rest of RL, but they hardly went out to recruit some preferred owners did they. Please be objective - the whole of the RL world really isn't anti-Bradford.

David Thorne.  A man with a load of money and a very strong record of managing a rugby team to the top of the game.  This option was turned down in favour of AC.  A man with no money and to the date at the time a poor record in RL admin.  The man who made that decision, Nigel Wood, since leaving his role at the RFL, now has a box at Odsal.  There is speculation that his involvement in the club is greater than that of a fan, although I can't substantiate that.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/06/wasps-owner-expresses-interest-in-re-forming-bradford-bulls

There were also others, although Thorne was easily the strongest candidate.  And don't forget that this appointment was in the wake of Omar Kahn, the 'gang of three', and Mark Green.  All appointed by the RFL.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

David Thorne.  A man with a load of money and a very strong record of managing a rugby team to the top of the game.  This option was turned down in favour of AC.  A man with no money and to the date at the time a poor record in RL admin.  The man who made that decision, Nigel Wood, since leaving his role at the RFL, now has a box at Odsal.  There is speculation that his involvement in the club is greater than that of a fan, although I can't substantiate that.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/06/wasps-owner-expresses-interest-in-re-forming-bradford-bulls

There were also others, although Thorne was easily the strongest candidate.  And don't forget that this appointment was in the wake of Omar Kahn, the 'gang of three', and Mark Green.  All appointed by the RFL.

Although he didn't actually put in a bid .......“They had something to sell but we didn’t want to buy it”

52 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Although he didn't actually put in a bid .......“They had something to sell but we didn’t want to buy it”

There's been people every time who have gone into it, but never ended up putting in a bid - because the RFL weren't prepared to put the lease into the negotiations. This goes right back to the first administration post-Peter Hood.

The 'something to sell' has always been running a loss-making rugby team in a crumbling stadium, with no means to leverage that stadium to make the business viable. Is it any wonder that sensible and serious business people have looked at the deal, and then ended up walking away?

Instead we've had chancers and people with no money, all 'hand-picked' (in other words, prepared to accept the stipulations of the RFL) who have taken the club on, and ended up basically running out of money.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He was one of several bids. He withdrew the bid when the RFL ‘moved the goal posts’ at the last minute, with others dropping out too. Meaning that there was only one man left standing. 

A half truth is a whole lie. 

On 10/08/2019 at 00:46, Blind side johnny said:

Do you firmly believe that AC actually has a "long-term plan" as distinct from an exit strategy?

It is my opinion that AC has no long term plan as he doesn't have a brass farthing and is really trying to get the RFL to part with money, but the RFL is basically penniless in real term so they can't help him.

As for going to Dewsbury isn't he aware of whats happened to Swinton and Oldham since they left their traditional homes with no real plan B.

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

As for going to Dewsbury isn't he aware of whats happened to Swinton and Oldham since they left their traditional homes with no real plan B.

I'm sure he's aware of it - it's hardly a secret! That said, I honestly don't have a clue what his long-term plan actually is.

He's spoken quite positively about how moving to Dewsbury or Horsfall would be a short-term measure, whilst some sort of new facility is created. But we've had absolutely no detail of where that would be, how it would happen, or how it would be paid for. Hence a certain measure of cynicism!

We're told that the deadline is Thursday, so I except we'll get some sort of clarity in a couple of days. Let's see...

16 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'm sure he's aware of it - it's hardly a secret! That said, I honestly don't have a clue what his long-term plan actually is.

He's spoken quite positively about how moving to Dewsbury or Horsfall would be a short-term measure, whilst some sort of new facility is created. But we've had absolutely no detail of where that would be, how it would happen, or how it would be paid for. Hence a certain measure of cynicism!

We're told that the deadline is Thursday, so I except we'll get some sort of clarity in a couple of days. Let's see...

how it would be paid for is easy.

By anyone but the bulls 

27 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

D day tomorrow for Odsal. Are we putting bets on what’s going to happen? I think they’ll leave 

I think they will leave as well.

The costs to maintain the facility are massive and there's no way they will get the city to pay for it. Even if they cut it down the middle to 250K each that's a lot of cash for a championship side.

Thing is once they are out Odsal is gone. The RFL will have to pay the lease to the council which they can't afford so they will work with the city to sell then land to a developer.

it sure looked like a unique venue, I hope they can find a new place that they can call home. they are a massive cog in the RL wheel with the players thy develop and history.

41 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

D day tomorrow for Odsal. Are we putting bets on what’s going to happen? I think they’ll leave 

8 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

I think they will leave as well.

The costs to maintain the facility are massive and there's no way they will get the city to pay for it. Even if they cut it down the middle to 250K each that's a lot of cash for a championship side.

Thing is once they are out Odsal is gone. The RFL will have to pay the lease to the council which they can't afford so they will work with the city to sell then land to a developer.

it sure looked like a unique venue, I hope they can find a new place that they can call home. they are a massive cog in the RL wheel with the players thy develop and history.

Where will they go? Just looks like bluster to me to force some action. Can’t see them going anywhere. 

I think Bradford (Chambers) are gonna have to put some skin in the game (in terms of £ contribution) if they want to get a new facility 

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah, let's see how the lovely Chalmers latest attempt at bullying someone goes.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Chalmers’ latest T&A article is pretty transparent in my opinion. Valley Parade is prohibitively expensive, Bradford PA would require significant upgrades and Dewsbury is the nuclear option.

They want a deal to stay at Odsal. Surely the RFL will agree?

In the recent the RFL have advanced them TV money

The RFL took over the lease so that Bradford could keep going.

Not sure what else the RFL could do for them

On 13/08/2019 at 11:49, paul hicks said:

how it would be paid for is easy.

By anyone but the bulls 

How many other clubs are playing in modern stadia that they didn’t pay for?

Archived