WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

1 minute ago, paulwalker71 said:

You don't say? 

Whatever else you can say about Andrew Chalmers, he isn't a total fool. And anyone who thinks 'the RFL and Bradford Council will conjure up money' is clearly a fool. Both organisations are totally bereft of money.

Moreover, I don't see where Chalmers is saying he expects such a thing will happen. Clearly, any new stadium, if one ever happens, will need private funding - from a developer who sees a way to make money on an overall scheme. Whether that involves retail, leisure, business - who knows? 

What the Council can do - and whether they will, we don't know - is help with providing land, facilitating planning permissions, and generally being helpful for once. But nobody thinks there will be any actual hard cash from the Council.

Bradford are going to get about half the gates they get at Odsal.

They will have to pay the rent at Dewsbury and that wont be a peppercorn rent

No match day revenue from Alcohol and food that will all be going into the Dewsbury coffers.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I believe this is pure brinkmanship and really surprised you are all swallowing this. Carter did the same last year and it came off for him. This is just the bulls copying wakey. 

By the way has anyone got any hard evidence that Dewsbury have actually agreed to all this, because I bet no one has.

If you mean, 'has anyone on an internet forum seen the actual contract', then I guess the answer is 'no'.

But Dewsbury seem to have confirmed it https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/08/15/rams-welcome-bulls-for-next-two-years/

And we've already put season tickets on sale for next year at Dewsbury - with reduced prices to reflect the situation. I'm guessing there'd be all kinds of legal ramifications if people buy tickets for one location, only to find that the ticket is valid for another. 

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Bradford are going to get about half the gates they get at Odsal.

They will have to pay the rent at Dewsbury and that wont be a peppercorn rent

No match day revenue from Alcohol and food that will all be going into the Dewsbury coffers.

Neither you or I know what the crowds will be at Dewsbury yet. 

We already know the rent is around £2K per game - compared to approximately £30K to stage each match at Odsal (taking everything - maintenance as well as rent - into account).

So there's around half a million quid in savings for a start!

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

No it is not going to happen Johnny. That could be part of the problem why no businessman is prepared to invest in the Bulls. If you was a successful businessman would you be prepared to buy the lease from the R.F.L ? I know I would not.Maybe if everything was brought out into the open somebody somewhere would be prepared to invest. If there is nothing to hide where is the problem.?

What you are forgetting that the RFL took the lease over from the Bulls as the Bulls didn't have the money to pay it. The Bulls today owe their very existent to the RFL for taking over the lease

9 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I believe this is pure brinkmanship and really surprised you are all swallowing this. Carter did the same last year and it came off for him. This is just the bulls copying wakey. 

By the way has anyone got any hard evidence that Dewsbury have actually agreed to all this, because I bet no one has.

Screenshot_20190816_192942_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, paulwalker71 said:

Neither you or I know what the crowds will be at Dewsbury yet. 

We already know the rent is around £2K per game - compared to approximately £30K to stage each match at Odsal (taking everything - maintenance as well as rent - into account).

So there's around half a million quid in savings for a start!

Only a fool would believe there crowds would hold up at Dewsbury.

I think you will find the rent a bit more than £2K a game.

Not having money from Food and alcohol is a big loss for any club

That press release looks incomplete. It should also include words to effect ,unless a more favourable deal at odsal is forth coming.  Really surprised that Dewsbury are playing along with this seeing how Carter did it to the in the past.

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

That press release looks incomplete. It should also include words to effect ,unless a more favourable deal at odsal is forth coming.  Really surprised that Dewsbury are playing along with this seeing how Carter did it to the in the past.

Dewsbury stand to make a quite a bit of money if the Bradford deal goes ahead.

Extra revenue = better players = more success = bigger crowds = more revenue

55 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Johnny,

I believe that R.L. has to be played on the ground until 2052. I have certainly read that somewhere,whether that is true I am not sure.But it has always been believed that there is some sort of covenant on the ground to that effect.

here was a covenant on McLaren field bramley as well and that was changed in about 6 weeks when bramley moved out

Agbrigg,

You seem to think that Carter and Chalmers are one and the same man.Maybe Mr. Sawyer has more confidence in Mr. Chalmers than Mr. Carter.Also once again just maybe there is a get out clause in the contract.Once again guesswork comes to the fore.

Carter and Dewsbury were genuine and serious.

The Dewsbury chairman has always been open to developing the size of the Rams business.

I have no doubt that Chalmers and Dewsbury are serious.

If all these Bulls fans want to stay in Bfd, maybe you will accept a much weakened squad next year?

Or perhaps you could get former players to donate memorabilia and have an auction? There may still be some knocking about.

Or you could accept that Chalmers has the best interests of the club at heart and trust that he knows what his business needs to look like going forward.

could I ask where Braford will have there offices and shop for selling shirts ect as I presume they will have to vacate odsal in September.

also what's he position of the ground staff ect who do there best to keep things going at odsal  will they have to be made redundant? 

2 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

could I ask where Braford will have there offices and shop for selling shirts ect as I presume they will have to vacate odsal in September.

also what's he position of the ground staff ect who do there best to keep things going at odsal  will they have to be made redundant? 

Chalmers also runs 11 other businesses out of Odsal as well as the Bulls

44 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Agbrigg, 

Judging by your posts you obviously know Mr. Chalmers personally or are you just casting aspersions that Mr. Chalmers is dishonest.?

Ok smarty pants tell me where I have said Chalmers is dishonest. He is just using standard business tactics in the hope of bluffing his way to a better deal. Like I have I am totally suprised how many are falling for it. 

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

It will not happen, Chalmers will bluff his way to a better deal, or swallow his pride and stay in Bradford. He is just using Dewsbury 

I don't think Dewsbury made any efforts to have their stadium improved for Super League standards.

This 'bluff' seems to be going well - as they are advertising season tickets for The Tetley stadium in 2020.

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/53233/-vision--destination-super-league

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived