WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

D.K.W. Have you read the absolute garbage they post when they quite clearly no absolutely nothing what has gone on or is going on at Bradford. I am a Bradford supporter and I can state quite categorically what they are posting about the club is totally incorrect. I personally know nothing about what is going on with the Club,the Council and the R.L.F. so how anybody with no connections with the club knows is obviously things they make up in their own heads and post them as facts.I read your posts about the situation regarding the Councils decision to postpone the W.C. and the abandonment of your new ground but I do not comment because I do not live there nor do I have any knowledge of how your Council works.I do however have every sympathy with your position if your Council is half as bad as Bradfords.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr.Plow,

Richard Dunn sports centre is due to be demolished,there is the perfect site in the perfect position,now all it needs is for the Bradford Council to make that land available to the Bulls and maybe then a Private Investor may just come along.One millionaire Investor has already promised he is willing to bring Bradford back into Bradford to a new stadium but the sticking point will be the council.However the site of The Richard Dunn centre and Odsal itself are more likely to stay vacant for a vast number of years if the Councils record is anything to go by.

25 minutes ago, cookey said:

Odsal is not suitable for professional sport.

Odsal is not suitable for spectators,players,sponsors or the media.

I dont know what will happen but at least someone has made a decision. I hope someone makes a similar decision re the groundsat Castleford and Wakefield. I have hope for Wakefield,little for Castleford.

Osal would make a good landfill site.(AGAIN)

30 minutes ago, cookey said:

Odsal is not suitable for professional sport.

Odsal is not suitable for spectators,players,sponsors or the media.

How can a  venue have such a rapid turnaround. Not so long ago when we had franchising and ground criteria was a major issue odsal was deemed suitable. How long ago was it when rfl stepped in and got the lease. It was suitable then and more than that it was also iconic. 

Nothing about odsal as changed, if the bulls had not gone belly up multiple times, were still strutting around the top of SL and posting huge crowd figures ,no one would be having this conversation

That is what it will become, a landfill site, how long will it take to fill it is the question. Then if anybody is allowed to build on it,which at the moment they are not, how long will the settlement period be. I do not how old you are but it certainly will not be in my lifetime.

12 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

That is what it will become, a landfill site, how long will it take to fill it is the question. Then if anybody is allowed to build on it,which at the moment they are not, how long will the settlement period be. I do not how old you are but it certainly will not be in my lifetime.

Rubbish creates methane etc. And is usually grassed over afterwards isn't it?  Proper consolidated hard-core costs money.  Even then, surely it is costly and difficult to build on on top of the huge depth of fill that would be there. 

I had forgotten about the Dunn Sports Centre.  If that could be utilised with associated space then some sort of complex might come out of it.

As for Odsal, it might be best for an underground car park with something commercially viable built on top of it.

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

1. The head lease with the council was less than the commercial sub let lease from the RFL.  You are confused with your analysis.  The sale of the lease was not about the ability to pay it (peppercorn) it was about cash flow elsewhere and it was sold as an asset.  Our rent went UP.

2. You have no knowledge whatsoever as to the commercial game day arrangements.

3.The game day rental amount is now in the public domain. See 2.

You know nowt.

I know more than you and if i know nowt that doesn't look good on you.

4 hours ago, Konkrete said:

There’s a lot of talk on here about financing. The money is and always has been locked into the site.  If we leave Odsal and the ground is sold then what’s important is what happens to that sale money and who gets what in the divvy up.

I suspect that the value of the site would easily fund a modest new stadium somewhere in the south of the city. But that might not happen. Bradford Council have a very important part to play.  Let’s hope they’re up to the task. 

when the bulls move out then they have no right to any of the money from the stadium as they were only tenants .

as for the money I would favour the RFL putting it into junior development around the country . any council money I would think would go into the pot to pay council services with maybe a portion towards servicing  community sports in the city.

for me long gone are the days were councils should be giving money away to professional clubs in any sport when they are having there government grants cut to the bone .

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Mr.Plow,

Richard Dunn sports centre is due to be demolished,there is the perfect site in the perfect position,now all it needs is for the Bradford Council to make that land available to the Bulls and maybe then a Private Investor may just come along.One millionaire Investor has already promised he is willing to bring Bradford back into Bradford to a new stadium but the sticking point will be the council.However the site of The Richard Dunn centre and Odsal itself are more likely to stay vacant for a vast number of years if the Councils record is anything to go by.

its already been marketed for retail development and at least two investors are thought to be interested including the Scarborough group that has just opened a very popular retail and leisure development in Colton Leeds  among many of its developments .

5 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

How can a  venue have such a rapid turnaround. Not so long ago when we had franchising and ground criteria was a major issue odsal was deemed suitable. How long ago was it when rfl stepped in and got the lease. It was suitable then and more than that it was also iconic. 

Nothing about odsal as changed, if the bulls had not gone belly up multiple times, were still strutting around the top of SL and posting huge crowd figures ,no one would be having this conversation

well here is the grade b rating they got for licencing in 2011 . you will note the comment about ageing facilities to say nothing of sustainability and further growth. 

just how soon after that did people jump ship

zzzzz.jpg

Just now, paul hicks said:

its already been marketed for retail development and at least two investors are thought to be interested including the Scarborough group that has just opened a very popular retail and leisure development in Colton Leeds  among many of its developments .

Then a big underground car park at Odsal and shops above linked to a stadium and restaurants/ conference hall.

Simples. 

The point you are making is "interested". It may have been marketed for Retail but now Bradford Council are adamant that the Bulls will be back in Bradford a.s.a.p. .Who says they will not change their minds and provide this land.You quite obviously do not live in Bradford,if you did you might be able to tell me and lots of other Bradfordians why businessess are moving away to Leeds and others closing down. Just this morning the only Bar/Club left in the West End of Bradford announced it was closing its doors this evening and leaving meaning this area is now devoid of any business.This by the way is in the Town Centre.I think I along with many older Bradfordians know the reason but quite obviously cannot say in case I am classified as racist.

3 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Then a big underground car park at Odsal and shops above linked to a stadium and restaurants/ conference hall.

Simples. 

not something they have done before in this country and I would venture the cost of covering odsal would be very high as would costs above . 

as I said they are interested in the Richard dunn site  as a easy to manage option and if you look at there other sites they do not take on hard to develop sites . I would recon frenchgate in Doncaster would have been the have been the most challenging one I can think of .

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

The point you are making is "interested". It may have been marketed for Retail but now Bradford Council are adamant that the Bulls will be back in Bradford a.s.a.p. .Who says they will not change their minds and provide this land.You quite obviously do not live in Bradford,if you did you might be able to tell me and lots of other Bradfordians why businessess are moving away to Leeds and others closing down. Just this morning the only Bar/Club left in the West End of Bradford announced it was closing its doors this evening and leaving meaning this area is now devoid of any business.This by the way is in the Town Centre.I think I along with many older Bradfordians know the reason but quite obviously cannot say in case I am classified as racist.

no I do not live in Bradford but the sort of development that I was talking about does not rely on bars but a mix of retail and leisure with restaurants maybe bowling alley or indoor golf and possibly an cinema . the fact is I would not think they would even want a bar/club there 

I have previously lived in Pudsey which you will agree is close if that's of any help and know that its not much more than a 10 min drive  from Pudsey to odsal transport links are quite good and could well attract visitors from outside of the city of bradford which would more than offset any lack of visitors from inner city Bradford in fact from as far away as Halifax  I would venture as we are not talking poundland ect  .

as for shopping I do know plenty of the people you talk about in Bradford do indeed go shopping and with a mix of fashion and homecare shops I see no reason they would not visit especially with no pubs ect there but only restaurants that would be selling booze and maybe the one supermarket style store which I would think would be a tad above asda or morrisons .

as I say don't think of it as in Bradford but as  say south of Bradford if I get my geography right . in much the same way that the site in Leeds whilst been in east Leeds is marketed as east of Leeds .  that little word of can be so important when marketing a destination 

Correct me if I am wrong but does Pudsey come under the Leeds Council and not Bradford? i.e. not the same Council. And yes I do know where the Bulls shop is now and will be quite easily removed to Dewsbury along with its online sales.That actually is why I asked the question. What relevance did your question have to why they are moving from Odsal.As both Dewsbury and Bradford have pointed  out both clubs will retain their own identity.

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

It's taken them nigh on 15 years from starting to approaching completion. Also look at how quickly Lateral/Axiom are getting on with their proposed development.

Correct me if I am wrong but does Pudsey come under the Leeds Council and not Bradford? i.e. not the same Council. And yes I do know where the Bulls shop is now and will be quite easily removed to Dewsbury along with its online sales.That actually is why I asked the question. What relevance did your question have to why they are moving from Odsal.As both Dewsbury and Bradford have pointed  out both clubs will retain their own identity.

As far as I am aware there is no mention of anything but game day facilities being agreed with Dewsbury.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

yes Pudsey does come under Leeds but as you would know its on the border with Bradford and as such I have friends in Bradford and indeed have gone into Bradford on many occasions so do know a little bit about Bradford and its decline which really went into free fall in 1988 when the conservatives under eric pickles took power and proceeded to cut costs and hope in line with the wishes of thatcher and was lauded by her as one of the best council leaders in the country . 

so the solution to a shop that's open 6 days a week for bulls fans to go to is to move it to Dewsbury which to me seems a little strange.

the relevance really given that not only the shop but all office based  things will have to leave odsal  is that will that not also incur costs and indeed just were in the Dewsbury stadium will a bulls shop and offices be available as having been to Dewsbury only the other week I cant see many parts of the ground that are not already in use . well apart from a bit of space behind the posts that is and could that hold all the office space required for the club and mr charmers 11 other businesses 

All he needs is one office and a laptop.Move with the times mate, work from home on your laptop.My own son is in partnership with a few businessess and he very rarely moves out of the house.All his work is done from home.When he visits me when I am in Spain he brings his laptop and carries on working.No office space needed.

Archived