WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

31 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

All he needs is one office and a laptop.Move with the times mate, work from home on your laptop.My own son is in partnership with a few businessess and he very rarely moves out of the house.All his work is done from home.When he visits me when I am in Spain he brings his laptop and carries on working.No office space needed.

I suppose that would depend on the nature of the business as they all need a registered address at the very least 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny,

Does that mean that the Bulls can only sell their merchandise on match day at the ground ?Or are they not allowed to sell any of their merchandise on any day at the ground..I have no idea but I would have thought the two Chairmen would have sorted that problem out. If the Bulls have to use Dewsbury,s property then it is only right that they have to pay for it.

5 hours ago, paul hicks said:

not something they have done before in this country and I would venture the cost of covering odsal would be very high as would costs above . 

as I said they are interested in the Richard dunn site  as a easy to manage option and if you look at there other sites they do not take on hard to develop sites . I would recon frenchgate in Doncaster would have been the have been the most challenging one I can think of .

A big shopping centre in Oxford has just been built with a big underground car park beneath it. Plus about 60 flats.

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

no and that was a shame given the amount of clubs that have had problems in the last 10 years when it could have been avoided by living within there means 

A shame it didn't get voted through.

The first rule of business is "You can't have more going out than coming in"

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

A shame it didn't get voted through.

The first rule of business is "You can't have more going out than coming in"

To start a business, you have to have more going out than coming in. That's exactly what investment is.

You have to speculate to accumulate.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

A big shopping centre in Oxford has just been built with a big underground car park beneath it. Plus about 60 flats.

build into the foundations I take it which of course at odsal would still ned to be built even at that depth 

1 hour ago, meast said:

It's not "temporary" it's there all the time, it's not going to be anything else

is it a permanent structure because if not then it is of course temporary in that it can be removed with ease which indeed it was for the take that concert and then the scaffolding was just put back in place .

I was not aware that scaffolding was classified as a permanent structure by the way .

56 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

build into the foundations I take it which of course at odsal would still ned to be built even at that depth 

They build a big hole. And built the underground car park. This is no different to what would be done at Odsal. Except that at Odsal half the hole at least has been dug for you. 

What is so special about Odsal and its hole... is it radio active or something?  It is possible I suppose that Bradford Council are as thick as 2 short planks.

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

They build a big hole. And built the underground car park. This is no different to what would be done at Odsal. Except that at Odsal half the hole at least has been dug for you. 

What is so special about Odsal and its hole... is it radio active or something?  It is possible I suppose that Bradford Council are as thick as 2 short planks.

what's so special could well be how far you need to go down before you reach a firm foundation I suppose.

also what's it got to do with the council they wont be building anything will they .

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To start a business, you have to have more going out than coming in. That's exactly what investment is.

You have to speculate to accumulate.

Remind me how long most professional and semi professional Rugby League clubs have been going?

They are not exactly new business's are they

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Those figures keep being bandied about but I don't think that they are directly comparable. The £2k quoted, if it is correct, is simply a rental charge which should be compared with the £72 pa that they have been paying at Odsal. There is a bland assumption being made that the Bulls won't have to make any contributions to ground and pitch maintenance but would this actually be the case? AC has already commented about significan changes needing to be made to the bar and catering facilities - Dewsbury won't be paying for any of this. Add in considerable additional costs on match days and the cost to Bradford will start to significantly exceed £2k. None of us has any idea what the real costs will be.

If I were a betting man I would hazard ten bob on the Bulls playing in Bradford next season.

I can't see Dewsbury letting the Bulls keep all revenue from the bar and catering on Bulls match days.

In fact i can't see Dewsbury letting any of the revenue from the bar and catering go to the Bulls, not unless the Bulls pay a up front fee for the use of the bar and catering facilities.

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

I can't see Dewsbury letting the Bulls keep all revenue from the bar and catering on Bulls match days.

In fact i can't see Dewsbury letting any of the revenue from the bar and catering go to the Bulls, not unless the Bulls pay a up front fee for the use of the bar and catering facilities.

I think it was mentioned that they have agreed a 50/50 split on food and drink sales at Bulls games.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I think it was mentioned that they have agreed a 50/50 split on food and drink sales at Bulls games.

Nah, can’t be true . TFoL know-it-all says not.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

On 02/08/2019 at 09:36, Trojan said:

Rugby League is a game not a business.  The clubs are dependent upon one another.  If we had true franchising then clubs would be forbidden from poaching one another's territory. But more to the point Bradford were not just advertising their games in the areas I said, they were undercutting the ticket prices of those clubs, and apparently losing money in the process.  When the hit the fan, and they were holding out the begging bowl, they expected the RFL to support them.  The RFL some of whose numbers they had spent years undermining.  I was told that they were going round with the buckets at the Fev cup game, expecting Fev supporters to donate. But if the rumours about the CCJ's is true, Fev are one of the clubs they withheld gate money from.

Sport is s business but a business unlike other businesses because it depends on goodwill between the clubs.  Bradford, certainly  in the past appear to have ruined any goodwill that existed, by their actions.

What on earth has the money side of things got to do with what I said? I’m not talking the money just saying it’s laughable teams in the locality cried the poor tale about Bradford poaching fans while doing next to nothing to get fans in their area through the door.

typical sit and wait nature of the sport no wonder it won’t go anywhere other than where it is now.

3 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

That would be generous, but it depends on how much the hiring fee is. I was speaking to a work colleague from Cincinnati who supports the soccer team there. They are building a new stadium and in the meantime are hiring a facility from the University. The rent is low, but the Uni keeps all the concessions and the parking fees. The average crowd is 27000 so that could be a lot of money per game.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

43 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Interesting picture from 2003 after the South Bank was built. And in 2019 it looks exactly the same

C5FF48D5-E966-4FB6-8D1A-09786AC2FD75.jpeg

Just as an aside how much more lively does the pitch look compared to today. Love to see full pitch numbers and the team crest painted on rather than a rather mundane set of white lines.

Archived