WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

1 minute ago, thepimp007 said:

I totally understand, they were massively underperforming. I am sorry if it was a little heavy but money gets dragged in all the time even if its a perated point about the club when its painly obviously for the world to see the bulls have been horrendous on that part

" money makes the world go around , the world go around , the world go around , money makes the world go around , the clinking , clanking sound of ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , it makes the world go round " 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I don't disagree with your point on Leigh's behaviour last season , but also you asking why those clubs running as a business on a shoestring didn't market themselves better to their local populace is not really on , they may well have done within the restrictions of their finances , but they haven't since gone cap in hand to the RFL and then into administration , have they ?

Regardless of shoestring, you can get thousands of flyers printed for next to nothing in the business world surely a full on promotion dropping them in schools, shops etc in the ocality would cost veryvery little and wouldnt hurt any clubs finances.

Its just funny how no one can debate anything whatsoever that has nothing to do with finance without dragging money issues in. Its extremely boring when trying to debate a seperate point

Apart from Beaumonts disgraceful behaviour when we were relegated during that season I have nothing against Leigh and if someone is debating something rugby wise I would not drag up unrelated instances to do with finance and how he conducted himself at the end of last year. Will it happen again if this tilt at super league he has ploughed into again doesnt come off

3 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Gubrats,

Please explain your "cap in hand " statement. And for all other posters belittling Bradford for spending more than they take in,just how many of the other 37 clubs made a profit last season. How many budgeted for the " sugar daddies money".I would guess not many made a profit, and the whole lot with "a sugar daddy" would have gone to the wall if they had not come forward and backed them up.

The loan 

Just now, thepimp007 said:

Regardless of shoestring, you can get thousands of flyers printed for next to nothing in the business world surely a full on promotion dropping them in schools, shops etc in the ocality would cost veryvery little and wouldnt hurt any clubs finances.

Its just funny how no one can debate anything whatsoever that has nothing to do with finance without dragging money issues in. Its extremely boring when trying to debate a seperate point

Apart from Beaumonts disgraceful behaviour when we were relegated during that season I have nothing against Leigh and if someone is debating something rugby wise I would not drag up unrelated instances to do with finance and how he conducted himself at the end of last year. Will it happen again if this tilt at super league he has ploughed into again doesnt come off

Who knows ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

" money makes the world go around , the world go around , the world go around , money makes the world go around , the clinking , clanking sound of ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , it makes the world go round " 

Grow up, and Beaumonts money is the only thing that make Leigh go around

I have plenty sympathy for the Bulls , I could just imagine the conversations in most RL boardrooms ( I was in one for 4 years ,) in their situation ( when they took over the maintenance for Ideal in return for a lump sum ) , " do we buy Leslie Vainakolo , or the tidy up the bogs ? " , I know exactly what the answer would be in 99% of those situations 

You're in a mess , and it doesn't look like you're going to get any help 

Which loan was that Gubrats, they SOLD the lease on the ground, did not borrow it. I would therefore assume that you mean the loan that was acquired from the R.F.L. who then promptly refused them any Sky monies for 2 or 3 years and shared it out between the other S.L. clubs.

3 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Grow up, and Beaumonts money is the only thing that make Leigh go around

It's like everything , and everybody , at Leigh we have a break even with our attendances , this year that was budgeted at around 2,000 , we've averaged over 3,000 , so Dereck hasn't really had to go too far down his pocket till recently , no idea what will happen next year , anyway Wether spoons are calling there's a pulled chicken bun and a pint of Shipyard waiting for me , catch you later 

5 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Which loan was that Gubrats, they SOLD the lease on the ground, did not borrow it. I would therefore assume that you mean the loan that was acquired from the R.F.L. who then promptly refused them any Sky monies for 2 or 3 years and shared it out between the other S.L. clubs.

Yes the 500 K which once it became public knowledge resulted in the RFL getting involved in the lease 

Again off for my tea 

48 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

1 I'm reliably informed by one of your fellow fans that the lease was not sold to the RFL but was given in settlement for a loan from the RFL that the Bulls couldn't afford to repay. Given that they were apparently already securing a loan on the back of the lease agreement with BMDC that wasn't exactly a sensible move.

2 The decision not to give them Sky money was made by the other SL clubs, not the RFL. Shows how important the Bulls actually were/are to them rather than the fantasy belief of some.

29 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The decision not to give them Sky money was made by the other SL clubs, not the RFL. Shows how important the Bulls actually were/are to them rather than the fantasy belief of some.

Whilst that is true, is doesn't make it morally right. Seemed like kicking someone while they were down and a grab for some quick cash especially considering they already had a points deduction. Not in the spirit of the "RL family" at all. 

In my eyes at least Bradford have become the Leeds United of rugby league. They're usually the first club most top flight club fans would suggest they'd like to see in the top flight - but as the above actions show fans and the Boards of clubs can be vastly different.

Les,

are you just guessing again like the majority of posters on here. Has it ever been made public by either Bradford or the R.F.L.? That is my gripe with the R.F.L.,let us have it out in the open,maybe then all the guesswork can stop and put this fiasco behind us. Gubrats was even quoting a post about a player who signed for the Bulls in 2002. 17 years ago,for goodness sake let it drop and move on.I actually agree with most of your posts but you must be sick and tired of frequent posts on here about the Bulls failures.My old dad used to say "do not look back " its gone .Live for today,you can do nothing about the past.Anyway this is my final post on the subject I have far more important things in my life to bother about things that went on years ago.

On 21/08/2019 at 17:10, fairfolly said:

I thought that was the old, since liquidated, Bradford. It's the shiny new one that is now crying the poor tale.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Whilst that is true, is doesn't make it morally right. Seemed like kicking someone while they were down and a grab for some quick cash especially considering they already had a points deduction. Not in the spirit of the "RL family" at all. 

In my eyes at least Bradford have become the Leeds United of rugby league. They're usually the first club most top flight club fans would suggest they'd like to see in the top flight - but as the above actions show fans and the Boards of clubs can be vastly different.

Please do not associate my club with the white shi.te.  They played at Odsal once. Just after the fire.  Set alight a burger van and invaded the pitch. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

4 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Please do not associate my club with the white shi.te.  They played at Odsal once. Just after the fire.  Set alight a burger van and invaded the pitch. 

Always been ' classy ' 

on a slightly different note has anyone seen the full page article by chambers in the rugby league express this week . the answer to the second question posed to him is interesting .

he says of the first team  in 2020 they expect to be roughly equal on spend to 2019 . any surplus funds will be spent on player recruitment and development.

I take it I'm the only one that would urge caution and say instead of spending any surplus why not build that surplus up just in case you ever go back to Bradford  so that you could be going back with some money in the bank rather than spending everything you get .

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

A short period of success achieved by massively overspending and struggling financially since, many fans who think the club is bigger and more important than it actually is....yeah, you're probably right ?

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

If Chalmers thinks that by playing Ducks and Drakes with the RFL and Bradford council he can get money out of them he's mistaken. Neither have spare money to give out, and when he realises that i think he walk away from the club.

He ain't doing it to get money out of them. Chalmers ain't the money man, no one actually knows who this. Rumours of Lowe/Wood, they are pulling the strings. 

A short period of success achieved by massively overspending and struggling financially since, many fans who think the club is bigger and more important than it actually is....yeah, you're probably right ?

Lol - Bulls specifically, or Rugby League in general.....

The bit in bold is below the belt and must be actionable. My solicitor will be in touch...

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

He ain't doing it to get money out of them. Chalmers ain't the money man, no one actually knows who this. Rumours of Lowe/Wood, they are pulling the strings. 

And are either of them "money men"? (Hint: I very much doubt it)

Who are the named shareholders in the club or its holding company?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived