WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Is he part of the Bulls, is he employed by them?

He seems to do alot of media stuff for the Bulls and others.  Best bit is on his Twitter Profile it says "Freelance Broadcast Journalist for

@FullEightyRL,@ProperSport,@Pulse2Radio, @TheRFL "

After this latest example of poor behaviour and using foul language towards a couple of people at the RFL, I doubt he will get much work from them in future! Its only a few weeks ago he ripped in to the Match Officials even though they got the decissions right which he questioned. He also was laid out flat on the floor in Toulouse this summer, claiming it was Heat Stroke. More likely going on how he loves his alcohol, he drank far too much as usual and passed out.

The disgrace is that any credible RL organisation ever took him on. What a mess.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 hours ago, dkw said:

I see that wazzock gledhill has embarrassed himself on social media.... Again.

Where?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

45 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour,he should be ashamed of himself.

I agree. Shooting in portrait format like that. Blinkin' amateur.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

That's the pi$$ speaking plus the emotion of losing the home of a club for 80odd years. Whilst I don't advocate the language, hypocrites here might be in a similar state if it was them in that situation.....cast the first stone o ye sinners....

"Hypocrites" here (on an internet forum) are not accredited RFL media "journalists". 

Just now, Tim Streets tache said:

Can anyone tell us the crux of what Gledhill said. Won't open on here.

"I do not want members of the Rugby Football League coming here and stopping me drinking lots of free booze."

Seriously.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

"Hypocrites" here (on an internet forum) are not accredited RFL media "journalists". 

It's fine. He was drunk.

That's ... how I'm reading that comment anyway. Being passionate and drunk excuses everything. Nothing bad can come of it.

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's fine. He was drunk.

That's ... how I'm reading that comment anyway. Being passionate and drunk excuses everything. Nothing bad can come of it.

I don’t think so either.

Unfortunately, it seems someone stole his headphones from the back of the stand while he was boozing.  

To add to that, it appears that someone has also stolen a couple of players shirts from the changing rooms.  

Been a good day for some at the expense of others.

51 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

That's the pi$$ speaking plus the emotion of losing the home of a club for 80odd years. Whilst I don't advocate the language, hypocrites here might be in a similar state if it was them in that situation.....cast the first stone o ye sinners....

I expect the majority, if not all people condemning him here could categorically state that they wouldn't act like that. So there is no hypocrisy in the slightest.

Having said that, I don't feel massively comfortable with spreading this too widely on social media calling for his head. I think he has some issues that he needs to deal with.

On the flip side, I don't like Mick from his online presence, he is antagonistic, has taken the moral high-ground with his #positiverugbyleague BS, despite being one of the most aggressive people in criticising the game and in particular refs, particularly when his club loses a game. He makes Eamonn McManus look reasonable. 

But the RFL certainly shouldn't be using him again tbh. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I expect the majority, if not all people condemning him here could categorically state that they wouldn't act like that. So there is no hypocrisy in the slightest.

Having said that, I don't feel massively comfortable with spreading this too widely on social media calling for his head. I think he has some issues that he needs to deal with.

On the flip side, I don't like Mick from his online presence, he is antagonistic, has taken the moral high-ground with his #positiverugbyleague BS, despite being one of the most aggressive people in criticising the game and in particular refs, particularly when his club loses a game. He makes Eamonn McManus look reasonable. 

But the RFL certainly shouldn't be using him again tbh. 

Well they won’t do until he buys some more headphones - and he says he can’t afford the £350 to buy anymore.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't feel massively comfortable with spreading this too widely on social media calling for his head. I think he has some issues that he needs to deal with.

Again, that is fair. But we both know that he'd not return the favour.

If this was just a one off, then I would not be so harsh on him. But its only a few weeks ago, he was on Twitter blasting the Match Officials after Bradford lost. The Match Officials apparently lost Bradford the game etc. He is somebody who is emotional and I can understand that. But to go around blasting match officials, because your team lost and now this latest outburst, is something you dont expect from a Professional Journo. He seems to believe everything that Chalmers comes out with and I dont think this is good for him. As a Journo he like most, needs to be a fan in private, but then a Professional in Public.

When are Bradford Bulls moving from Odsal? Will they have even a Club Shop or Offices anywhere in the City? There seems to be very little information about how the Bulls will function when they leave Odsal. It is not good to hear that the money from Sundays game was used to pay Bonus Money for August. Where is the money for the Club in the off season? Is there any Bulls fans Forums where people can ask/challenge Chalmers and Co? I feel for the Bulls fans (Never thought I would say that), as I they have gone through alot. But I fear the future is not much if any improvement.

It may just lead to some of us treating his "journalism" with an even bigger pinch of salt in the future.

(Mind you, if you could hear that Martyn Sadler after his second glass of Merlot you would be blushing. Shouting out stuff like "I say!" and "Really, referee?" is beyond the pale.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Is he actually a journalist? Trained, I mean. Plenty of "biased" commentators out there, but do any claim the moral high ground over others?

Sadly for Mick, and I've never met the chap, his online persona and outbursts have led to someone putting this video out there.

The RFL can't be seen to employ someone who would make those comments, and it's difficult to see who else would.

Would the newspaper and magazine attached to this site continue to employ one of their writers had they said the same?

Regardless of your thoughts or opinions on Mick, let’s say what this really is... a vindictive betrayal aimed squarely at harming someone’s career. It doesn’t really matter what the content is. It’s a trusted private correspondence that’s been cruelly exposed by some utter snide sneaky b   astard.

And as for the puritanical now on show across social media I wonder if they’ve ever done something they regret, yet by good fortune they’ve not been betrayed in this way.

So, for those willing to put the boot into Mick on the back of that then shame on you.  We’ll see what the RFL do, but one hopes that their attentions are priorities with more pressing matters like racism and hooliganism which seem more prevalent than ever at some of our top clubs. If they ban him then RL is poorer for it, and particularly RL in Bradford. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Archived