WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

17 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Regardless of your thoughts or opinions on Mick, let’s say what this really is... a vindictive betrayal aimed squarely at harming someone’s career. It doesn’t really matter what the content is. It’s a trusted private correspondence that’s been cruelly exposed by some utter snide sneaky b   astard.

It must be easy to work out who has "leaked" it out, unless hundreds of people are in the group.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

If this was just a one off, then I would not be so harsh on him. But its only a few weeks ago, he was on Twitter blasting the Match Officials after Bradford lost. The Match Officials apparently lost Bradford the game etc. He is somebody who is emotional and I can understand that. But to go around blasting match officials, because your team lost and now this latest outburst, is something you dont expect from a Professional Journo. He seems to believe everything that Chalmers comes out with and I dont think this is good for him. As a Journo he like most, needs to be a fan in private, but then a Professional in Public.

When are Bradford Bulls moving from Odsal? Will they have even a Club Shop or Offices anywhere in the City? There seems to be very little information about how the Bulls will function when they leave Odsal. It is not good to hear that the money from Sundays game was used to pay Bonus Money for August. Where is the money for the Club in the off season? Is there any Bulls fans Forums where people can ask/challenge Chalmers and Co? I feel for the Bulls fans (Never thought I would say that), as I they have gone through alot. But I fear the future is not much if any improvement.

To be fair to Mick, it was mostly John Kear.  

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Regardless of your thoughts or opinions on Mick, let’s say what this really is... a vindictive betrayal aimed squarely at harming someone’s career. It doesn’t really matter what the content is. It’s a trusted private correspondence that’s been cruelly exposed by some utter snide sneaky b   astard.

And as for the puritanical now on show across social media I wonder if they’ve ever done something they regret, yet by good fortune they’ve not been betrayed in this way.

So, for those willing to put the boot into Mick on the back of that then shame on you.  We’ll see what the RFL do, but one hopes that their attentions are priorities with more pressing matters like racism and hooliganism which seem more prevalent than ever at some of our top clubs. If they ban him then RL is poorer for it, and particularly RL in Bradford. 

But this is more than just one incident. Having a public rant about Match Officials and claiming they lost Bradford a game is another. I have never listened to his Podcasts so have no idea what he comes out with on there. Mick does a fine job of damaging his reputation by himself with his comments and behaviour.

Would you look to employ somebody who has blasted you and others in your organization on a couple of occassions?  It would not surprise me if the RFL look to use others over Mick Gledhill, due to his recent comments. There are always more pressing matters, but that is ignoring the disgraceful actions on more than one occassion of Mick Gledhill. The RFL have every right to not further employ Mick Gledhill in future

If this was just a one off, then I would not be so harsh on him. But its only a few weeks ago, he was on Twitter blasting the Match Officials after Bradford lost. The Match Officials apparently lost Bradford the game etc. He is somebody who is emotional and I can understand that. But to go around blasting match officials, because your team lost and now this latest outburst, is something you dont expect from a Professional Journo. He seems to believe everything that Chalmers comes out with and I dont think this is good for him. As a Journo he like most, needs to be a fan in private, but then a Professional in Public.

When are Bradford Bulls moving from Odsal? Will they have even a Club Shop or Offices anywhere in the City? There seems to be very little information about how the Bulls will function when they leave Odsal. It is not good to hear that the money from Sundays game was used to pay Bonus Money for August. Where is the money for the Club in the off season? Is there any Bulls fans Forums where people can ask/challenge Chalmers and Co? I feel for the Bulls fans (Never thought I would say that), as I they have gone through alot. But I fear the future is not much if any improvement.

And it was only 4 weeks ago that he was claiming that the Workington players deliberately didn't try to win the West Cumbria Derby and that was broadcast on a radio show

I first new Mick through his broadcasts for the blind covering Bulls matches. I have never met him, but I used to marvel at his knack of letting you know where play was taking place and always what was happening. I am now fortunate due to the miracle improvements and can now view all games I attend through almost perfect vision. I still listen to Mick's commentaries to matches I cannot attend. The other week I listened to Mick's broadcast from Toulouse were the game was played in a temperature of 43 degrees and marvelled at his composure when with out any help and sat on an open  bench an during drink breaks had to run up some stairs to get a drink of water, because he had no one to supply him with water, and he carried on this manfully throughout the match, no wonder he collapsed afterwards with heat exposure. 

I find the so called Lizard's comments completely distasteful, and only confirms my previous impression that he has an agenda to criticise any thing Bulls.I am sure he takes total pleasure in kicking a man when he is down, and he should think before he sets out to do someone down.

2 minutes ago, indomitable said:

I first new Mick through his broadcasts for the blind covering Bulls matches. I have never met him, but I used to marvel at his knack of letting you know where play was taking place and always what was happening. I am now fortunate due to the miracle improvements and can now view all games I attend through almost perfect vision. I still listen to Mick's commentaries to matches I cannot attend. The other week I listened to Mick's broadcast from Toulouse were the game was played in a temperature of 43 degrees and marvelled at his composure when with out any help and sat on an open  bench an during drink breaks had to run up some stairs to get a drink of water, because he had no one to supply him with water, and he carried on this manfully throughout the match, no wonder he collapsed afterwards with heat exposure. 

I find the so called Lizard's comments completely distasteful, and only confirms my previous impression that he has an agenda to criticise any thing Bulls.I am sure he takes total pleasure in kicking a man when he is down, and he should think before he sets out to do someone down.

He might be a good commentator. I have never heard him cover a game so I cant say. Mick deserves all the criticism he gets due to his comments about the RFL, Match Officials and seemingly others as well. You may find my comments distasteful. But he is a person I cant take seriously and question what he actually is. If he wants to be seen as a serious media person, then he needs to change and act like one. Going around ranting at people who in his eyes have done something against Bradford on or off the field, is not the way to earn respect. You dont see John Drake, Martyn Sadler, Matt Shaw swearing and publically abusing people. They might disagree with people within the game, but they question in a controlled and respectful manner the decisions made. I dont have much if any respect for Mick due to his attacks on others, which is often done in a wrong manner and often not based on any facts.

I have little time for the Bradford Bulls due to how they have been run and how people involved have acted on a number of occassions from Caisley down to Chalmers. A lot of the Bulls problems are of their own doing and to blame the RFL and others, is in my opinion, just ignoring the real problems the Club had and still has. I dont understand Chalmers and co blaming the RFL over Odsal for example. Did Chalmers not agree to take on the Bulls and its problems? He could have said "No" to playing out of Odsal and walked away from taking over the Bulls. The RFL are far from blameless in this mess. But the main blame lays with a number of people who ran or are involved with the Bulls. As I have said the Bulls should have been killed off. A fresh new club with a new name, new website etc and no ties to play at Odsal and starting in League 1 (Not the Championship) should have happened. Why didnt the RFL allow the Bulls to die and a new Club be formed? I am sure many Bulls fans wanted the same as me. The attitude of people involved at the Bulls for me is wrong. Why they needed to sign 22 Fulltime Players for example? My agenda is, I dont like how the Bradford Bulls have been or continue to be run. The attitude for me is we are a big Club and look down on others and/or blame other for the problems.

The money and time wasted on Odsal over the years by the Bulls, RFL, Council etc could have been spent on building a modern Stadium elsewhere in Bradford. Why Chalmers was allowed to take on the Bulls over others, is a strange one. But as is the case with much of the recent Bulls history, there are so many questions, but nobody answering them. I have much sympathy for the Bulls fans, as I feel they have been treated very poorly by many people and much of this fiasco could have been avoided. But I have no time for the people involved in running the Bradford Bulls.

He might be a good commentator. I have never heard him cover a game so I cant say. Mick deserves all the criticism he gets due to his comments about the RFL, Match Officials and seemingly others as well. You may find my comments distasteful. But he is a person I cant take seriously and question what he actually is. If he wants to be seen as a serious media person, then he needs to change and act like one. Going around ranting at people who in his eyes have done something against Bradford on or off the field, is not the way to earn respect. You dont see John Drake, Martyn Sadler, Matt Shaw swearing and publically abusing people. They might disagree with people within the game, but they question in a controlled and respectful manner the decisions made. I dont have much if any respect for Mick due to his attacks on others, which is often done in a wrong manner and often not based on any facts.

I have little time for the Bradford Bulls due to how they have been run and how people involved have acted on a number of occassions from Caisley down to Chalmers. A lot of the Bulls problems are of their own doing and to blame the RFL and others, is in my opinion, just ignoring the real problems the Club had and still has. I dont understand Chalmers and co blaming the RFL over Odsal for example. Did Chalmers not agree to take on the Bulls and its problems? He could have said "No" to playing out of Odsal and walked away from taking over the Bulls. The RFL are far from blameless in this mess. But the main blame lays with a number of people who ran or are involved with the Bulls. As I have said the Bulls should have been killed off. A fresh new club with a new name, new website etc and no ties to play at Odsal and starting in League 1 (Not the Championship) should have happened. Why didnt the RFL allow the Bulls to die and a new Club be formed? I am sure many Bulls fans wanted the same as me. The attitude of people involved at the Bulls for me is wrong. Why they needed to sign 22 Fulltime Players for example? My agenda is, I dont like how the Bradford Bulls have been or continue to be run. The attitude for me is we are a big Club and look down on others and/or blame other for the problems.

The money and time wasted on Odsal over the years by the Bulls, RFL, Council etc could have been spent on building a modern Stadium elsewhere in Bradford. Why Chalmers was allowed to take on the Bulls over others, is a strange one. But as is the case with much of the recent Bulls history, there are so many questions, but nobody answering them. I have much sympathy for the Bulls fans, as I feel they have been treated very poorly by many people and much of this fiasco could have been avoided. But I have no time for the people involved in running the Bradford Bulls.

Right. So in your last two posts you say you have never listened to either his podcast or one of his commentaries.  In which case, even aside your admitted anti-Bulls position, your view is not worth consideration. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

7 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Right. So in your last two posts you say you have never listened to either his podcast or one of his commentaries.  In which case, even aside your admitted anti-Bulls position, your view is not worth consideration. 

To be fair mate, Mick isnt getting criticism for his commentary.

3 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

I read his comments on Twitter on the attack on Match Officials and this video as well as his posts on here from when he used to post. This is a forum and as such different views are posted. Somebody posted about Mick on this thrread and his actions. I dont agree with it and feel its a disgrace. You clearly do not. Thats the way forums exist, in that people have different opinions. Whether somebodys views are worthy of consideration is really not important. This is just a forum to discuss, agree, disagree on things.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To be fair mate, Mick isnt getting criticism for his commentary.

Well Dave, to be fair, he’s being judged on being a ‘media person’.  If someone has never heard either of his main broadcasts then how can they form an opinion?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

Well Dave, to be fair, he’s being judged on being a ‘media person’.  If someone has never heard either of his main broadcasts then how can they form an opinion?

It is his behaviour being judged. People have witnessed his behaviour, both in this video and online.

5 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

How many times do you plan to repeat this rant? I'm sure people are getting bored with it.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

It is his behaviour being judged. People have witnessed his behaviour, both in this video and online.

Precisely. 

Its a shame really as he is actually a really good commentator on live games and too often his ravings outside of that sphere detract from that.

8 hours ago, Stan Doffarf said:

How many times do you plan to repeat this rant? I'm sure people are getting bored with it.

It's his opinion and I agree with him. 

Onto the Mick Gledhill video, I'm sure he'll release another video apologising to the individuals concerned or meet them face to face. He's in touch with the RFL daily, right....

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

25 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's his opinion and I agree with him. 

Onto the Mick Gledhill video, I'm sure he'll release another video apologising to the individuals concerned or meet them face to face. He's in touch with the RFL daily, right....

Robert Hicks can mediate 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I finally got round to watching the video.

Well, in the midst of all the faux outrage, it’s obviously the beer talking isn’t it? It’s a guy, high on emotion, tanked up on booze, letting slip with a couple of f-words. Hardly a hanging offence, and certainly nothing that many people aren’t saying pretty regularly (well, Rimmer at least, don’t really know who Karen Moorhouse is)

He wasn’t on duty, he wasn’t speaking on behalf of anybody, he wasn’t making any official comment. He just got caught by a guy with his phone switched on, that’s all.

I’m sure he’ll make an apology to Ralphy and we’ll all just move on.

To go back on topic, given that the RFL are about to change the locks etc. (see article on the home page) not a lot's happening at Odsal now. As far as Mick's concerned, wasn't he a hospital radiologist in the dim and distant past? Seem to remember him being banned on here for a quite eye watering comment about a certain referee - plus ca change, as the French would say!

From what I have seen it would seem Mick has been set-up by his so-called friends,who presumably derive some joy from hearing him use obscenities.

I cannot,ever,condone the use of obscenities,directed towards,or withing hearing distance of females,but I think it the case that Mick was taken to Odsal by his late father,and the ashes of his father are scattered at Odsal.

So,Mick has gone to that stadium,where he has,probably,his first memories,and enjoyed the fleeting moments of his life with his father,and it is at Odsal where his working life took shape.

He does a huge amount of background work before he turns the microphone on.He gets emotional about the sport.He brings joy to many people who,for whatever reason,are unable to attend.Physical impairment may be one reason.

He can get loud,but he also does some DJ'ing at what I believe to be called Trance music places,so that may be the reason.

Bang out of order but hopefully no real harm done once an adult,sincere,apology offered and accepted.

Better choice of friends may be the way ahead.

He is barred from Odsal now so I suspect his conscience is far from clear and he is being punished enough. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

17 hours ago, Konkrete said:

And as for the puritanical now on show across social media I wonder if they’ve ever done something they regret, yet by good fortune they’ve not been betrayed in this way.

So, for those willing to put the boot into Mick on the back of that then shame on you.  We’ll see what the RFL do, but one hopes that their attentions are priorities with more pressing matters like racism and hooliganism which seem more prevalent than ever at some of our top clubs. If they ban him then RL is poorer for it, and particularly RL in Bradford. 

Which is on show in the video is it not?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

54 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I finally got round to watching the video.

Well, in the midst of all the faux outrage, it’s obviously the beer talking isn’t it? It’s a guy, high on emotion, tanked up on booze, letting slip with a couple of f-words. Hardly a hanging offence, and certainly nothing that many people aren’t saying pretty regularly (well, Rimmer at least, don’t really know who Karen Moorhouse is)

He wasn’t on duty, he wasn’t speaking on behalf of anybody, he wasn’t making any official comment. He just got caught by a guy with his phone switched on, that’s all.

I’m sure he’ll make an apology to Ralphy and we’ll all just move on.

Well quite, but nobody has called for him to be hung, and it certainly isn't 'letting slip with a couple of f-words'. 

The general view is that the RFL shouldn't be hiring somebody telling the RFL CEO and a Director to eff off on camera. 

That response seems reasonable and proportionate to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Christ if that's your definition of hooliganism I suggest you never enter a public place in Britain! 

Abuse will not be tolerated in Rugby league, whether its players, match officials or staff. 

Matchday accreditation are not given out lightly and strict rules and regulations are provided at the beginning of each season. 

What Mick has said should not be taken lightly. Whether he is a good / bad bloke or done a lot for the game - that is irrelevant. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Abuse will not be tolerated in Rugby league, whether its players, match officials or staff. 

Matchday accreditation are not given out lightly and strict rules and regulations are provided at the beginning of each season. 

What Mick has said should not be taken lightly. Whether he is a good / bad bloke or done a lot for the game - that is irrelevant. 

I totally agree, I should have added I'm not defending Mick at all for this its properly stupid and way out of order - quite clearly fuelled by beer.

However, its not hooliganism is it. 

Archived