WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

….

Please don't post entire stories copied from League Express on here (or anywhere else for that matter).

We rely on people buying the paper to read the stories themselves, or there'd be no League Express left for anyone to copy anything from.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Please don't post entire stories copied from League Express on here (or anywhere else for that matter).

We rely on people buying the paper to read the stories themselves, or there'd be no League Express left for anyone to copy anything from.

Thanks.

You can be a right spoilsport at times John. ?

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

22 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well I don't have a clue what is going on at Bradford.  So can anyone drop a hint?

Bradford racking up CCJ's also not paying clubs their part of gate receipts from the challenge cup and the RFL having to take that money out their future funding. They are almost unsustainable as a championship team nevermind a SL one.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Bradford racking up CCJ's also not paying clubs their part of gate receipts from the challenge cup and the RFL having to take that money out their future funding. They are almost unsustainable as a championship team nevermind a SL one.

Oh dear! It's the loyal fan's I feel for if this is correct.

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Buy the LE paper marra, it's got loads of RL related stuff if that's what your looking for.

Hmmm... Well I know about Holbrook and all the big moves at Wigan.  And Austin put his the most influential game since he joined Wire.   I'll just have to bate my excitement. 

I buy very few if any magazines or newspapers... I sometimes buy something on a train or waiting at a hospital appointment, or read a paper at Costa. To be honest LE is not usually in my newsagents. I'm being tough I know.

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Hmmm... Well I know about Holbrook and all the big moves at Wigan.  And Austin put his the most influential game since he joined Wire.   I'll just have to bate my excitement. 

I buy very few if any magazines or newspapers... I sometimes buy something on a train or waiting at a hospital appointment, or read a paper at Costa. To be honest LE is not usually in my newsagents. I'm being tough I know.

Iam sure they'd order it for you or you can get it delivered through the post. 

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

....and those CCJs are for pretty small amounts.

1 minute ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Iam sure they'd order it for you or you can get it delivered through the post. 

In truth there are a lot of magazines I could subscribe to.  Some I used to. But over time I've given them up.  

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not to mention bitching about the council (again) for not being supportive (defined as giving them the ground for nothing/building a massive sporting complex for nothing/bailing out the club - you choose) and implying that the RFL could also be more flexible with their approach to leaseholding. It is all starting to smack of overspending again, isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

To be fair unless I am missing something they have massive bargaining power with Odsal. They can basically walk away from the stadium leaving the RFL stuck with a long term lease for a crumbling stadium. The threat of that will surely be able to buy them some leeway with the rent and its hard to feel sorry for the RFL over that as they put themselves in that position.

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

To be fair unless I am missing something they have massive bargaining power with Odsal. They can basically walk away from the stadium leaving the RFL stuck with a long term lease for a crumbling stadium. The threat of that will surely be able to buy them some leeway with the rent and its hard to feel sorry for the RFL over that as they put themselves in that position.

If they walk away then I believe that the RFL lease ends by default. the council could well be very happy if that happened.

Given that the RFL has just posted a large loss for 2018-19 then I believe that Bradford's bargaining power might be less than some would think.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

If they walk away then I believe that the RFL lease ends by default. the council could well be very happy if that happened.

Given that the RFL has just posted a large loss for 2018-19 then I believe that Bradford's bargaining power might be less than some would think.

Ah right I didnt know that. A very sticky situation for them if that is the case.

Archived