WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

No, not at all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

In a fortnight we've gone from

we can now up the tempo with Bradford Council, as we expand the discussions and considerations of suitable land alternatives for a boutique stadium development to house the Bradford Bulls. Having signed a memorandum of understanding with an experienced stadium developer to work to evaluate an affordable development option within the Bradford city boundaries is a significant step in the process

to

I’m not thinking a Superdome, more a cost effective refit and refresh. We need to protect the sanctity of Old Lady Odsal, but it will take people putting their hands up and saying – “I want to help!”

Perhaps we need to form a new body - the Guardians of Odsal. To protect the ground and stadium from others – including Club owners! I will be interested in your views as to how best to protect Odsal Stadium for future generations.

Source: Andrew Chalmers columns in the Telegraph & Argus

It's difficult to know what's going to come out Chalmers mouth next - but I fear the worst for our future

9 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

"thick as concrete", paranoid myopic interpretation of real world events, not the dreams of a few Bradford fans who cannot grasp that over the last 30 years the clubs "success" was built whilst buying its head in the sand. 

M.I.N.C.E

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

26 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

M.I.N.C.E

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

12 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

I’m hearing the word...

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

I hope it all gets straightened out...a strong Bulls franchise is good for RL.  The stadium needs a remodel and coat of paint with some upgrades to be fair....I think it would look pretty good then.

Chalmers seems to be somewhat hard to get along with...send him on a kayaking trip with me for a couple of weeks...we'll get him tuned right in.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I hope it all gets straightened out...a strong Bulls franchise is good for RL.  The stadium needs a remodel and coat of paint with some upgrades to be fair....I think it would look pretty good then.

Chalmers seems to be somewhat hard to get along with...send him on a kayaking trip with me for a couple of weeks...we'll get him tuned right in.

The Problem with any old stadium is that hundreds of thousand, if not Millions of pounds (or Canadian Dollars) are needed to keep it up to the minimum Standards in the coming future. This is the problem facing not just Bradford, but others like Wakefield, Castleford etc. Sadly the Clubs and Game as a whole doesnt have this money.

Odsal is even more complicated as any major changes would require even more money and work than Wakey and Cas due to the ground underneath the Old Speedway track etc. The Steps at Odsal also would require alot of work and money to replace. Its not just a case of a bit of paint to tart an old Stadium up.Odsal would need alot of ground work doing to it before anything could be built on it in future.

On 05/09/2019 at 20:02, Blind side johnny said:

1. Yes, but initially only for one year.

2. Why should AC receive any consideration? (Please remember this is a club only three years old before reacting.)

3. That is no solution and wouldn't even be considered by Dewsbury. They own a valuable asset, Bradford don't.

4. Highly unlikely.

5. This is not  scenario.

6. They are politicians responding to the interests of all of their constituents, the vast majority of whom don't watch RL. They are unlikely to build a cycling circuit aren't they?

7 Why are you anti-cycling?

. Why should AC receive any consideration? (Please remember this is a club only three years old before reacting.)

Because that's the way business works. They'd pay him off to sidestep any possible court case.

That is no solution and wouldn't even be considered by Dewsbury. They own a valuable asset, Bradford don't.

In effect, the Bradford fans would be donated to Dewsbury. I don't think the current Bulls organisation could afford to buy into Dewsbury.

They are unlikely to build a cycling circuit aren't they?  Why are you anti-cycling?

The council is already building an outdoor cycling track (not velodrome) to replace the one at the Richard Dunn Centre. You can bet your life that the council got a grant to build the new track, which is basically aimed at exercise for kids. It is currently building two secondary schools without a playing field between them. One of them is being built on land purchased for building a swimming pool.

I don't hate cycling, I love it and watch it avidly. I have got a mountain bike and exercise by regularly moving it out of the way when I'm looking for something in my garage.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived