Jump to content
paul hicks

WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

Recommended Posts

"thick as concrete", paranoid myopic interpretation of real world events, not the dreams of a few Bradford fans who cannot grasp that over the last 30 years the clubs "success" was built whilst buying its head in the sand. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

So he has no plans for the future and seems to want to return someday to the financial millstone and dump known as Odsal. He is like a couple of Bradford fans on here,has his head stuck up his backside. Bradford Bulls are a joke. They have at this moment in time NO presence in Bradford. No Ground, No Offices, No Training Ground and No Clubshop. He is happy to blast the RFL etc, but ignores the mess he has/is creating.

What definate plans (Signed Deals) are there for some presence of Bradford Bulls in the City in the next 2 years?

How does Chalmers expect to grow the Bradford Bulls Brand , when he has no definate plans of the Bulls having any presence in the City for the next couple of years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

Outrageous and irresponsible behaviour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Outrageous and irresponsible behaviour 

I think he has rolled the dice on this and is hoping it plays out his way...seems like a well thought out tactical maneuver....time will tell.

If he wins he wins big...if he loses its back across the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

So he has no plans for the future and seems to want to return someday to the financial millstone and dump known as Odsal. He is like a couple of Bradford fans on here,has his head stuck up his backside. Bradford Bulls are a joke. They have at this moment in time NO presence in Bradford. No Ground, No Offices, No Training Ground and No Clubshop. He is happy to blast the RFL etc, but ignores the mess he has/is creating.

What definate plans (Signed Deals) are there for some presence of Bradford Bulls in the City in the next 2 years?

How does Chalmers expect to grow the Bradford Bulls Brand , when he has no definate plans of the Bulls having any presence in the City for the next couple of years?

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I think he has rolled the dice on this and is hoping it plays out his way...seems like a well thought out tactical maneuver....time will tell.

If he wins he wins big...if he loses its back across the sea.

I get the rolling the dice suggestion but when the cards you hold are a 2 and a 4, it’s a folly manoeuvre. 

And by the looks of it he’s already backtracking, which implies he’s lost the battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Least they train in the City but as I said, NO Club Shop, Ground or Offices CURRENTLY in the City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I get the rolling the dice suggestion but when the cards you hold are a 2 and a 4, it’s a folly manoeuvre. 

And by the looks of it he’s already backtracking, which implies he’s lost the battle

I've been following this one from a distance...I don't think  the final act is even close yet...the soap opera with the Bulls continues....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Training ground at Tong, on a long lease from the council. Club shop & offices about to be announced in Wibsey. (Contract been signed) Foundation and community rugby (and sports chaplaincy) still based at Odsal . The council have defined the area of the lease for the Rfl and it doesn’t include the offices or office car park.

The reserves and academy will play at Dudley Hill and train at Tong. A 3rd physio is advertised to cover the expansion of the academy 

 

Edited by TrueBull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

No, not at all.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a fortnight we've gone from

Quote

we can now up the tempo with Bradford Council, as we expand the discussions and considerations of suitable land alternatives for a boutique stadium development to house the Bradford Bulls. Having signed a memorandum of understanding with an experienced stadium developer to work to evaluate an affordable development option within the Bradford city boundaries is a significant step in the process

to

Quote

I’m not thinking a Superdome, more a cost effective refit and refresh. We need to protect the sanctity of Old Lady Odsal, but it will take people putting their hands up and saying – “I want to help!”

Perhaps we need to form a new body - the Guardians of Odsal. To protect the ground and stadium from others – including Club owners! I will be interested in your views as to how best to protect Odsal Stadium for future generations.

Source: Andrew Chalmers columns in the Telegraph & Argus

It's difficult to know what's going to come out Chalmers mouth next - but I fear the worst for our future

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

"thick as concrete", paranoid myopic interpretation of real world events, not the dreams of a few Bradford fans who cannot grasp that over the last 30 years the clubs "success" was built whilst buying its head in the sand. 

M.I.N.C.E


Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

M.I.N.C.E

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

I’m hearing the word...

  • Haha 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it all gets straightened out...a strong Bulls franchise is good for RL.  The stadium needs a remodel and coat of paint with some upgrades to be fair....I think it would look pretty good then.

Chalmers seems to be somewhat hard to get along with...send him on a kayaking trip with me for a couple of weeks...we'll get him tuned right in.

Edited by Kayakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I hope it all gets straightened out...a strong Bulls franchise is good for RL.  The stadium needs a remodel and coat of paint with some upgrades to be fair....I think it would look pretty good then.

Chalmers seems to be somewhat hard to get along with...send him on a kayaking trip with me for a couple of weeks...we'll get him tuned right in.

The Problem with any old stadium is that hundreds of thousand, if not Millions of pounds (or Canadian Dollars) are needed to keep it up to the minimum Standards in the coming future. This is the problem facing not just Bradford, but others like Wakefield, Castleford etc. Sadly the Clubs and Game as a whole doesnt have this money.

Odsal is even more complicated as any major changes would require even more money and work than Wakey and Cas due to the ground underneath the Old Speedway track etc. The Steps at Odsal also would require alot of work and money to replace. Its not just a case of a bit of paint to tart an old Stadium up.Odsal would need alot of ground work doing to it before anything could be built on it in future.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2019 at 20:02, Blind side johnny said:

1. Yes, but initially only for one year.

2. Why should AC receive any consideration? (Please remember this is a club only three years old before reacting.)

3. That is no solution and wouldn't even be considered by Dewsbury. They own a valuable asset, Bradford don't.

4. Highly unlikely.

5. This is not  scenario.

6. They are politicians responding to the interests of all of their constituents, the vast majority of whom don't watch RL. They are unlikely to build a cycling circuit aren't they?

7 Why are you anti-cycling?

. Why should AC receive any consideration? (Please remember this is a club only three years old before reacting.)

Because that's the way business works. They'd pay him off to sidestep any possible court case.

That is no solution and wouldn't even be considered by Dewsbury. They own a valuable asset, Bradford don't.

In effect, the Bradford fans would be donated to Dewsbury. I don't think the current Bulls organisation could afford to buy into Dewsbury.

They are unlikely to build a cycling circuit aren't they?  Why are you anti-cycling?

The council is already building an outdoor cycling track (not velodrome) to replace the one at the Richard Dunn Centre. You can bet your life that the council got a grant to build the new track, which is basically aimed at exercise for kids. It is currently building two secondary schools without a playing field between them. One of them is being built on land purchased for building a swimming pool.

I don't hate cycling, I love it and watch it avidly. I have got a mountain bike and exercise by regularly moving it out of the way when I'm looking for something in my garage.

?

 

 

 


Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...