Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

The bit in bold just isnt true. Or anywhere near true. He has publicly slated the game, its clubs, the RFL and refs over the last year, whilst working in the media and then hypocritically using the #positiverugbyleague nonsense.

In any field, if you verbally abused the CEO and Director if an organisation, dont be surprised if they dont use your services. It ain't a controversial approach tbh.

   Re the First paragraph I haven't heard him being too negative.

                Second paragraph - I think some successful people in sport have got away with things that less successful people haven't.

But I agree with the main thrust of your assertion.

 

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Has he actually been teated unjustly or are you responding to the usual slather on a forum? Maybe if something actually happens then it would be the time to comment.

   It has just gone further than it should have,and perhaps some folk want their pound of flesh as they already have a prejudice against him.Some get second chances;some don't.

  

  • Like 1

     Born - didn't ask. Dying - didn't argue                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

 

5. Everything would be hunky dory if we ignored the facts that the city had lost an iconic stadium and the sport has lost  a shedload of fans.

Odsal is a financial millstone and has been for years. Its also a dump that has seen far better times. Neither Bradford as a City, nor any Sporting Club needs such a venue. Unless somebody is mad enough to waste tens of millions on it then it will always be a decaying dump that is not fit for modern day sport. Other Clubs sold there Grounds like Thrum Hall, Knowsley Rd, The Boulevard, Central Park, The Willows, Wilderspool etc because they were finacial Millstones, that sadly needed too much money to keep upgrading and the clubs usually moved into better modern Stadiums, even though they dont have the Charactor of the old Stadiums. Iconic Stadiums are not that good if they are one of the main reasons a Club struggles financially and need millions to upgrade them.

The Sport has lost a shedload of fans for various of reasons. Many of the reasons why the Sport or Clubs have lost these fans is because they have failed to move with the times and also have treated fans poorly over a number of years. Have any lessons been learnt? Looking at the way Clubs and the Gamestill operates-No!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it is time that this witch-hunt against Mick was stopped on this topic item, people are acting as if they are high and mighty and non of them have put in the amount of voluntary work that he has put into this game of ours. 

He is not employed by the RFL, and his work is only paid by the work he does in broadcasting usually Pulse 2. Apparently he was captured by an individual, who made a phone recording of Mick enjoying himself after the game, and decided to play the outcome on open media,. Does that mean he should be castigated by people who should know better, and are them selves more self righteous in the extreme.

I wonder how real celebrities would fare if a nobody could film them in unguarded moments for showing on the public media. This should never have been allowed to appear in this setting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Odsal is a financial millstone and has been for years. Its also a dump that has seen far better times. Neither Bradford as a City, nor any Sporting Club needs such a venue. Unless somebody is mad enough to waste tens of millions on it then it will always be a decaying dump that is not fit for modern day sport. Other Clubs sold there Grounds like Thrum Hall, Knowsley Rd, The Boulevard, Central Park, The Willows, Wilderspool etc because they were finacial Millstones, that sadly needed too much money to keep upgrading and the clubs usually moved into better modern Stadiums, even though they dont have the Charactor of the old Stadiums. Iconic Stadiums are not that good if they are one of the main reasons a Club struggles financially and need millions to upgrade them.

The Sport has lost a shedload of fans for various of reasons. Many of the reasons why the Sport or Clubs have lost these fans is because they have failed to move with the times and also have treated fans poorly over a number of years. Have any lessons been learnt? Looking at the way Clubs and the Gamestill operates-No!

I know it's only probably for the thousandth time but.... Tesco > 'Yes' > Bulls > VP> Morrisons 'No'> Stephen Byers 'Inquiry' > Tesco 'No' > Bulls > Back to Odsal and the rest is history as they say.

Thanks for the pat on the head.  Don't know why I bother but here's a link for you in case it's classed as one of those myths by blinkered fans...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/inquiry-call-halts-stadium-scheme-1-2402198


Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Konkrete said:

I know it's only probably for the thousandth time but.... Tesco > 'Yes' > Bulls > VP> Morrisons 'No'> Stephen Byers 'Inquiry' > Tesco 'No' > Bulls > Back to Odsal and the rest is history as they say.

Thanks for the pat on the head.  Don't know why I bother but here's a link for you in case it's classed as one of those myths by blinkered fans...

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/inquiry-call-halts-stadium-scheme-1-2402198

So what. Have you evidence that the process was legally flawed or that their was some corruption? If not then a decision was made, albeit it one that you don't like. Are you suggesting that the planning process should have been subverted to reach the "correct" result, in your eyes anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

So what. Have you evidence that the process was legally flawed or that their was some corruption? If not then a decision was made, albeit it one that you don't like. Are you suggesting that the planning process should have been subverted to reach the "correct" result, in your eyes anyway. 

After 20 draft polite replies I’ve come up with this...

‘Thick as mince‘

When all said and done it cuts to the chase when you’ve wasted my time in trying to explain why your post is utter nonsense in the context to my reply to the original post. You’re not called Boris are you, or perhaps from Halifax?

  • Like 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"thick as concrete", paranoid myopic interpretation of real world events, not the dreams of a few Bradford fans who cannot grasp that over the last 30 years the clubs "success" was built whilst buying its head in the sand. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

So he has no plans for the future and seems to want to return someday to the financial millstone and dump known as Odsal. He is like a couple of Bradford fans on here,has his head stuck up his backside. Bradford Bulls are a joke. They have at this moment in time NO presence in Bradford. No Ground, No Offices, No Training Ground and No Clubshop. He is happy to blast the RFL etc, but ignores the mess he has/is creating.

What definate plans (Signed Deals) are there for some presence of Bradford Bulls in the City in the next 2 years?

How does Chalmers expect to grow the Bradford Bulls Brand , when he has no definate plans of the Bulls having any presence in the City for the next couple of years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seems that the plan is to play on the supporters' emotions and get them to dig into their pockets (again) to fund a return to Odsal. Strange that the talk of a 'boutique' stadium has disappeared in a little over a week....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17887689.chalmers-felt-like-failed-generations-fans/

Outrageous and irresponsible behaviour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Outrageous and irresponsible behaviour 

I think he has rolled the dice on this and is hoping it plays out his way...seems like a well thought out tactical maneuver....time will tell.

If he wins he wins big...if he loses its back across the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

So he has no plans for the future and seems to want to return someday to the financial millstone and dump known as Odsal. He is like a couple of Bradford fans on here,has his head stuck up his backside. Bradford Bulls are a joke. They have at this moment in time NO presence in Bradford. No Ground, No Offices, No Training Ground and No Clubshop. He is happy to blast the RFL etc, but ignores the mess he has/is creating.

What definate plans (Signed Deals) are there for some presence of Bradford Bulls in the City in the next 2 years?

How does Chalmers expect to grow the Bradford Bulls Brand , when he has no definate plans of the Bulls having any presence in the City for the next couple of years?

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I think he has rolled the dice on this and is hoping it plays out his way...seems like a well thought out tactical maneuver....time will tell.

If he wins he wins big...if he loses its back across the sea.

I get the rolling the dice suggestion but when the cards you hold are a 2 and a 4, it’s a folly manoeuvre. 

And by the looks of it he’s already backtracking, which implies he’s lost the battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Least they train in the City but as I said, NO Club Shop, Ground or Offices CURRENTLY in the City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I get the rolling the dice suggestion but when the cards you hold are a 2 and a 4, it’s a folly manoeuvre. 

And by the looks of it he’s already backtracking, which implies he’s lost the battle

I've been following this one from a distance...I don't think  the final act is even close yet...the soap opera with the Bulls continues....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

At least get your facts straight. Training ground is still at Tong and premises being looked at in Wibsey for offices and shop.

Training ground at Tong, on a long lease from the council. Club shop & offices about to be announced in Wibsey. (Contract been signed) Foundation and community rugby (and sports chaplaincy) still based at Odsal . The council have defined the area of the lease for the Rfl and it doesn’t include the offices or office car park.

The reserves and academy will play at Dudley Hill and train at Tong. A 3rd physio is advertised to cover the expansion of the academy 

 

Edited by TrueBull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

"It’s generally not in my nature to blame others for problems. I try to focus on what the solution might be.

But pure and simple, the RFL should not hold the leasehold interest in Odsal Stadium, and I think the Bradford Council needs to probably relinquish the freehold interest as well."

Outrageous!

Given the moral vacuum in this country it seems that everyone is at it.

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

In your opinion Johnny do you think that the Bulls should be given the lease on the condition that they stayed in Bradford and never sell the ground? Just asking.

No, not at all.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a fortnight we've gone from

Quote

we can now up the tempo with Bradford Council, as we expand the discussions and considerations of suitable land alternatives for a boutique stadium development to house the Bradford Bulls. Having signed a memorandum of understanding with an experienced stadium developer to work to evaluate an affordable development option within the Bradford city boundaries is a significant step in the process

to

Quote

I’m not thinking a Superdome, more a cost effective refit and refresh. We need to protect the sanctity of Old Lady Odsal, but it will take people putting their hands up and saying – “I want to help!”

Perhaps we need to form a new body - the Guardians of Odsal. To protect the ground and stadium from others – including Club owners! I will be interested in your views as to how best to protect Odsal Stadium for future generations.

Source: Andrew Chalmers columns in the Telegraph & Argus

It's difficult to know what's going to come out Chalmers mouth next - but I fear the worst for our future

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

"thick as concrete", paranoid myopic interpretation of real world events, not the dreams of a few Bradford fans who cannot grasp that over the last 30 years the clubs "success" was built whilst buying its head in the sand. 

M.I.N.C.E


Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

M.I.N.C.E

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

What's with the acronyms? Don't you have the guts to say it in plain English? Has it really taken you 8 hours to come up with this.Fantasists like you don't really help garner sympathy from others over the very real problems Bradford have now, and have had since the early nineties at the very least. 

I’m hearing the word...

  • Haha 1

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it all gets straightened out...a strong Bulls franchise is good for RL.  The stadium needs a remodel and coat of paint with some upgrades to be fair....I think it would look pretty good then.

Chalmers seems to be somewhat hard to get along with...send him on a kayaking trip with me for a couple of weeks...we'll get him tuned right in.

Edited by Kayakman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...