WHATS GOING ON AT ODSAL

2 hours ago, paul hicks said:

Any truth in the rumour that Bradford have asked Leeds if they can ground share .

I think I can speak on behalf of most Bulls fans:

1. We don't want Leeds sharing Odsal, though we'll begrudgingly help them out.

2. If the club is in serious trouble, we'll be the last to be informed.

3. We would have to be paid our cut if the council redevelops Odsal.

4. Horsfall is preferable to Valley Parade

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone who read the three fantastic articles from LE about how wigan lost their ground will know that there is no hope for odsal, i would post them on here but...............................

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

Bradford did nothing wrong promoting their “brand” wherever they liked but yeah, some of their fans attitudes were pretty poor which is one of the reasons a lot of Fax, Huddersfield, Keighley etc fans are remarkably dry eyed at their demise

It wasn't just their fans attitude that alienated lot's of people but that of some of their 'officials' the self same people who initially got them into financial difficulties with their decision making and then got out sharpish before the sh*t hit the fan?

4 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

That thought struck me ,but I wouldn't think this one has any legs . Although it could be a space to watch if Leeds go down and need revenue 

Leeds go down? Never happen!!! 

bradford are done, unless they get some sort of magical location change they're knackered, which is why its baffling to see people include them in the licencing/franchise threads as if they're some sort of potential phoenix waiting to to rise again, they had a good 12 or so years built on sand that wasn't sustainable and now they're in quicksand and slowly getting drawn in.

Its a shame, i wouldn't wish it on any club, but as i say unless they do something drastic its just circling the plughole until the inevitable happens.

30 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Very passionate about his club is Mick 

It’s great when fans are so passionate but when trying to be a journalist it’s takes away credibility, need to find the right balance

49 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

Mr Gledhill sounded like he was going to need medical care when the subject of Bradford was brought up in his podcast

That didn't last long with Hunslet not being very good for long (NO disrespect to Hunslet) but when you played the Bulls more and both fighting for the top honours then a rivalry tends to develop. 

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

That didn't last long with Hunslet not being very good for long (NO disrespect to Hunslet) but when you played the Bulls more and both fighting for the top honours then a rivalry tends to develop. 

We used to get 20k for the pre season Lazenby cup in fact it was so intense they stopped it because players getting injured .that city rivalry last much much longer than any with Btadford Bulls no disrespect to the 320 watching  Bradford Northern 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

19 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

things moving on at odsal with Bradford been blocked from signing new players.

see the news forum for full details

Did you use to play for Dewsbury Paul, or are you a different Paul Hicks?

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Back on topic

https://www.totalrl.com/bulls-blocked-from-player-signing-by-rfl/

This is getting quite worrying now

Every club (in championship anyway) specifies their anticipated spend for the season & proves it to the Rfl. As that article says, the Rfl don’t see a reason to allow us to go over what we said we could afford. We had to let a player go last month to help fit Brown in our cap spend. 

There has been an inexplicable (to me!! ? ) non-selection of a couple of players lately. A few months ago, the club was saying that Dane Chisholm was injured when he subsequently stated that he had been fit. Maybe if the club was more open about things, the fans would be either ( a ) reassured and/or ( b )  more likely to help it avert  any crisis.

Presumably the clubs accounts for the past couple of years have been registered with Companies House.  Where's Adeybull when we need his perspective? ?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

16 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

If you want to know why the game struggles, this attitude, along with one which says clubs shouldn't try and grow 'outside their area' is a pretty big reason why

Distributing discounted tickets in Batley, Dewsbury, Halifax and Keighley is hardly behaviour likely to enamour them to fans of the said clubs.  Saying things like "Bradford and Featherstone" should never be spoken in the same breath was another own goal.  When the Bulls got into trouble many fans I spoke to said "serves them right"   They are not top of most non Bulls fans pops.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

The Bulls are averaging around 4600 a match and struggling to buy players.  York are averaging 2000 and are doing ok.  

don't forget that cup game with Leeds that attracted 10,000 was in reality worth not much more than Bradford's average crowd when the money that goes into the cup pool and the share of the gate that went to Leeds are taken into account . indeed perhaps its the not giving that money to the opposing clubs and the RFL that's a big part of the problem and Bradford may have used it in there general account .

5 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

There has been an inexplicable (to me!! ? ) non-selection of a couple of players lately. A few months ago, the club was saying that Dane Chisholm was injured when he subsequently stated that he had been fit. Maybe if the club was more open about things, the fans would be either ( a ) reassured and/or ( b )  more likely to help it avert  any crisis.

Presumably the clubs accounts for the past couple of years have been registered with Companies House.  Where's Adeybull when we need his perspective? ?

Only one set of accounts submitted so far, covering the year to Jan 2018 (next set due in October). Show £57k of assets,  some £94k in the bank, 'debts' due in less than 12mths of £115k (presumably includes rent?), due in more than 12 mths of £680k, with a net liability of £575k. No idea who the money is owed to but given the reduced central funding, virtually no season ticket revenue, the settlement with ex-employees, the appointment of Toovey and a fair few FT players it's easy to see how it was racked up. The next set will make interesting reading.

16 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

bradford are done, unless they get some sort of magical location change they're knackered, which is why its baffling to see people include them in the licencing/franchise threads as if they're some sort of potential phoenix waiting to to rise again, they had a good 12 or so years built on sand that wasn't sustainable and now they're in quicksand and slowly getting drawn in.

Its a shame, i wouldn't wish it on any club, but as i say unless they do something drastic its just circling the plughole until the inevitable happens.

''circling the plughole'' such a graphic metaphor.

Archived