Barrow away.

spanishknight

According to a Barrow fan York completed 84% sets and made just 2 errors in our 30 all game. Impressive even if the performance wasn’t dazzling. Did seem to hold back a bit in the last 20mins (coupled with some great Barrow attacking plays)...makes me think we aren’t just heading to Toronto to make up the numbers.

Set off on the supporters bus just after 11. Journey up there not too bad(some really ###### jokes but good laughs) Stopped off at Kirkby Stephen I think it was called. Nice pint in local Sports and Social club. Back on the bus for 40 miles .Weather was nice enough until we got into Barrow then the darkness and the rains came.  Straight into the club outside the ground strangely named The Kill One! I really like Barrows ground, all sides open, plenty of food and drink outlets £17 to get in. York did enough in the first half with Marsh outstanding. 2nd half we let Barrow back into it, but they thoroughly deserved their tries and should be higher in the league than 13th. Kris Brinning a joy to watch and all about the Bass no trouble.  Journey back seemed to drag with even crapper jokes.Worth it though, 2 more points and now onto Toronto. Flying out on Thursday and have been given the prestigious honour  of looking after The Bootham Tavern flag.  Hope to see a good Yorkie turnout on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Boyny said:

Set off on the supporters bus just after 11. Journey up there not too bad(some really ###### jokes but good laughs) Stopped off at Kirkby Stephen I think it was called. Nice pint in local Sports and Social club. Back on the bus for 40 miles .Weather was nice enough until we got into Barrow then the darkness and the rains came.  Straight into the club outside the ground strangely named The Kill One! I really like Barrows ground, all sides open, plenty of food and drink outlets £17 to get in. York did enough in the first half with Marsh outstanding. 2nd half we let Barrow back into it, but they thoroughly deserved their tries and should be higher in the league than 13th. Kris Brinning a joy to watch and all about the Bass no trouble.  Journey back seemed to drag with even crapper jokes.Worth it though, 2 more points and now onto Toronto. Flying out on Thursday and have been given the prestigious honour  of looking after The Bootham Tavern flag.  Hope to see a good Yorkie turnout on Saturday.

Great blog as always Paul, didn't make Barrow cos was on way to New York. See you in Toronto. 

3 hours ago, Boyny said:

its called the kill one cos thats what you had to do to join.hope you give twp a good game,great cajun restaurant there called southern accent by the way.

4 hours ago, Boyny said:

See you Friday night in the northern maveric

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived