Toulouse away

Batley Bob

4 hours ago, Daniel34 said:

Oh dear relaxed about a new contract 

It won't be slammed doors then when we thank him for his efforts and ask for his keys!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't ask him for his keys, that's not how we operate is it, you see it's us who have to wait for him to return them!! Now, he'll have them for flaming years til there's nothing to actually lock up any more. Oh btw, Scotty STILL not got his confidence back? Going to take Louis leaving for him to be even considered now, could be an uncomfortable 2020.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

. Oh btw, Scotty STILL not got his confidence back? Going to take Louis leaving for him to be even considered now, could be an uncomfortable 2020.

Yet again not a whisper as to why these players make up the 19.  What has happened to the others - injured - unavailable?  Who knows - the poor fed up fan certainly doesn't.

I've heard Scott and Bretherton have partners who are expecting very soon, so didn't want to travel. Brown broke his hand in the Dewsbury match, so is out for the rest of the season. I also heard a couple of players couldn't get time off work. 

But it's a shame to spoil a good story...

DF, if it's right then fair enough, but why do we have to go around having to wheedle out information,  instead of it being freely given? Instead of then having an even bigger downer on the coach we could instead be given out congrats on the site for such events!! 

43 minutes ago, phildog said:

DF, if it's right then fair enough, but why do we have to go around having to wheedle out information,  instead of it being freely given? Instead of then having an even bigger downer on the coach we could instead be given out congrats on the site for such events!! 

We have one FT person working at the club, who is probably very busy negotiating with players and has a huge amount of work on his plate throughout the season anyway.

Maybe he doesn't have the time to post such trivial information?

Maybe the club would rather this information is not common knowledge prior to a game, to ensure the opposition cannot use it to gain an advantage?

Since the default setting of many forum users is to make things up if they do not know, to stir things up.

Maybe the players, staff and coaches have a book running on how long it will take before somebody blames the coach for whatever they don't agree with? I heard a rumour from a bloke in the Nash that we are planning to sign a lad from SL with the proceeds of the said book for next season. ? ? ? 

Maybe, just maybe that could be part of the problem, I have my own idea's about that but keeping them to my self as I don't want to start another slanging match on here, I have talked it over with another person.

Matt Diskin has also said that some players are carrying knocks as well as the unavailability mentioned above.  It probably makes sense to send a scratch side to France given the current circumstances.

All this information was available to the general public but I agree with the view that such information should be on the official website.  It should be the first port of call for information.  However, it's easy for me to say this sat on my ass at home ( and before BSJ responds, no I don't have a donkey!).

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

We have one FT person working at the club, who is probably very busy negotiating with players and has a huge amount of work on his plate throughout the season anyway.

Maybe he doesn't have the time to post such trivial information?

Maybe the club would rather this information is not common knowledge prior to a game, to ensure the opposition cannot use it to gain an advantage?

Since the default setting of many forum users is to make things up if they do not know, to stir things up.

Maybe the players, staff and coaches have a book running on how long it will take before somebody blames the coach for whatever they don't agree with? I heard a rumour from a bloke in the Nash that we are planning to sign a lad from SL with the proceeds of the said book for next season. ? ? ? 

The person you allude to not having time to post due to other current commitments does NOT put any posts on at all. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Oh btw, Scotty STILL not got his confidence back? Going to take Louis leaving for him to be even considered now, could be an uncomfortable 2020.

This is not just aimed at you Phil, but the sentences highlighted above are exactly the attitude I really find hard to understand from supporters who supposedly want the best for the club.

In the absence of any facts, you immediately put 2+2 together, come up with 5 and immediately blame the coach, even though it has absolutely no basis in fact. It doesn't even seem to figure in your psyche, that there could be a perfectly logical explanation or reason for the decisions that have been made. No, it is far easier to jump to negative conclusions. 

You post these thoughts on the forum or spout them to whoever will listen, which is then taken at face value by some people reading, or hearing it and word spreads. Which leads to more and more discontentment and people having a downer on the whole club.

Try to spin things in a more positive light, the world is not a bad place ? entirely.

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

Matt Diskin has also said that some players are carrying knocks as well as the unavailability mentioned above.  It probably makes sense to send a scratch side to France given the current circumstances.

All this information was available to the general public but I agree with the view that such information should be on the official website.  It should be the first port of call for information.  However, it's easy for me to say this sat on my ass at home ( and before BSJ responds, no I don't have a donkey!).

Come on Bi11, you know full well that an ass isn't the same as a donkey.

For whatever reason many coaches don't like information about injuries and probable recoveries to be in the public domain. Oddly enough the most successful coaches are greatly relaxed about it whilst the less successful............................................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Come on Bi11, you know full well that an ass isn't the same as a donkey.

For whatever reason many coaches don't like information about injuries and probable recoveries to be in the public domain. Oddly enough the most successful coaches are greatly relaxed about it whilst the less successful............................................

I don't want to be a smart ass, but I believe that they are the same.  Not to be confused with a mule.

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

So who will score the most points this evening from Toronto (home to Rochdale) and Toulouse?

both 46 - 0 at the moment ....

All done at 46 - nil

Never expected to anywhere near them, but we still don't have the ability to even create a couple of scores which bothers me. Our for and against must be pretty naff

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Toronto game was abandoned after 73mins. Thunder n Lightening. Score stands . Both games 46 nil. Does that tell us anything. ?? NAH. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

And distant dog still enjoyed the mini trip no doubt.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

46 0.and the board will reward that with a new contract really I.mean we were nilled  again were thr free following rugby now the pressure off and we can now play knowing were safe . Guess they didn't read the script know doubt his comment will be difference in budget and players not following the game plan again 

Archived