Featherstone (H)

Wakefield Ram

Dewsbury's very own HWD Hospital Radio have the game LIVE this Sunday as the Rams take on Fetherstone Rovers.

Can the Rams take another giant leap towards championship safety?

Join Martin Sharpe & Rob Farrar from 2pm with all the big game build up and then listen to game commentary in full from 3pm on "Rugby League Live" ?

Select this link.. http://ow.ly/jLwd50uuoHm on your PC, Tablet or Smartphone and click on play to Listen Live!

Why not join in the banter and get a mention on the "Chat Box" during the game.

Rugby League Live on HWD Radio - It's just like being there!

HWD Listen_image.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance from both sides. We should have taken the drop goal for a draw, we had enough chances. But Barrow have lost so that's another nail in their coffin. Frustratingly close, but think we will pick up another win before the end of the season and stay up.

With Reserves next season the days of DR are surely numbered and that will benefit us.

Not sure how we didn’t get anything out of the game.

i thought we’d go for a DG from the scrum. A point would have been as good as a win with our superior points difference to Barrow.

Very disappointing again but we played well.

Let’s turn Batley over next week and all will be well in the world again!

rambo.gif

30 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

With Reserves next season the days of DR are surely numbered and that will benefit us.

I keep reading this, and am far from convinced it's going to happen. After all, Wakefield have a reserve team and Annakin has still played 12 times for Dewsbury this year.

Very roughly speaking, the best 200 players in the country make up the 1-17s of the 12 SL clubs, but those 12 clubs also have most of the next 200 best players as their remaining squad members. I just don't see players 201-400 playing 20+ reserve games each season with the Championship clubs fielding players 401-600 as their starters. One way or another, be it DR or loan, a lot of fringe SL players are still going to end up playing a lot in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

A brave performance against a very good side.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really looking forward to next season already. I'm sure Lee will bring in the right players to make us a much better side. 

That's down to finances, doubt he'll have much cash to play with.

30 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I keep reading this, and am far from convinced it's going to happen. After all, Wakefield have a reserve team and Annakin has still played 12 times for Dewsbury this year.

Very roughly speaking, the best 200 players in the country make up the 1-17s of the 12 SL clubs, but those 12 clubs also have most of the next 200 best players as their remaining squad members. I just don't see players 201-400 playing 20+ reserve games each season with the Championship clubs fielding players 401-600 as their starters. One way or another, be it DR or loan, a lot of fringe SL players are still going to end up playing a lot in the Championship.

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?c=0-11583-180447-477262-26160531&a=SFIX

We disbanded our reserves because there were hardly any teams to play. If the above is correct not much has changed. Once it becomes compulsory and they have to fulfil fixtures, it will take up a lot of players. Some coaches may still want a few fringe players in DR, but it's hard to see as many as now.

Very entertaining game and we played really well, just a bit over anxious at the end but I would not have complained to come away with a point. At least we showed heart and determination, just lacking in execution. How many times were we over the line and couldn’t get the ball down? But a steady improvement over the last few games so I am content. And a decent performance from the ref too.

1 hour ago, Reverend Ram said:

Very entertaining game and we played really well, just a bit over anxious at the end but I would not have complained to come away with a point. At least we showed heart and determination, just lacking in execution. How many times were we over the line and couldn’t get the ball down? But a steady improvement over the last few games so I am content. And a decent performance from the ref too.

It isn't like you to be provocative RR.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

Not sure how we didn’t get anything out of the game.

i thought we’d go for a DG from the scrum. A point would have been as good as a win with our superior points difference to Barrow.

Very disappointing again but we played well.

Let’s turn Batley over next week and all will be well in the world again!

It's worth remembering that the players get losing pay for a home draw, so maybe that influenced the decision taken at that last scrum.

Nobody appears to have mentioned the scoreboard clock. I know that the announcer does keep saying that this is only fo guidance but when we scored the try and goal to draw level the clock said 39 mins 48 secs. As e went to kick off this changed to 35 mins 35 secs. I am sure that the players must have originally believed that they had snatched the draw and only had a few tackles to play out. Can anybody tell us why the time elapsed changed suddenly?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's worth remembering that the players get losing pay for a home draw, so maybe that influenced the decision taken at that last scrum.

Nobody appears to have mentioned the scoreboard clock. I know that the announcer does keep saying that this is only fo guidance but when we scored the try and goal to draw level the clock said 39 mins 48 secs. As e went to kick off this changed to 35 mins 35 secs. I am sure that the players must have originally believed that they had snatched the draw and only had a few tackles to play out. Can anybody tell us why the time elapsed changed suddenly?

That clock gave me palpitations bsj.It hit the forty mark for more than a minute then as you say it back tracked for five or six minutes then when it reached forty we still played about five minutes. Anyway what a good game and had The Rams won no-one could have complained. Only I would have found something. Well played AGAIN.

I can understand the clock been a few seconds out but 4/5mins is a lot.

I thought we should have gone for a drop directly from the scrum.

Maybe if you say the players were going for winning pay then this needs to be looked at. A point would seen us 99.9% safe with our superior points difference over Barrow.

rambo.gif

From that scrum I would have gone for the one-pointer and, assuming it was successful, then gone for the victory, thus winning pay for the players. 

Still it was a good game, so much so, I never thought about a Man of the Match. I would think any neutral would have enjoyed the match, but would they have questioned some of the referee’s decisions?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

53 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

That clock gave me palpitations bsj.It hit the forty mark for more than a minute then as you say it back tracked for five or six minutes then when it reached forty we still played about five minutes. Anyway what a good game and had The Rams won no-one could have complained. Only I would have found something. Well played AGAIN.

Nail biting and exciting match, which went down to the wire, but why do we continue to give away stupid penalties for messing about at the play the ball, in dangerous positions, with the defense already well set - cost us tries yet again. Would like to give a big thanks to the Fev fans for turning out in numbers again - think the crowd might have been a bit thin on the ground without them 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

A point would seen us 99.9% safe with our superior points difference over Barrow.

That's us safe then and we can go easy on you next week..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 02/08/2019 at 21:27, Commentator said:

Dewsbury's very own HWD Hospital Radio have the game LIVE this Sunday as the Rams take on Fetherstone Rovers.

Can the Rams take another giant leap towards championship safety?

Join Martin Sharpe & Rob Farrar from 2pm with all the big game build up and then listen to game commentary in full from 3pm on "Rugby League Live" ?

Select this link.. http://ow.ly/jLwd50uuoHm on your PC, Tablet or Smartphone and click on play to Listen Live!

Why not join in the banter and get a mention on the "Chat Box" during the game.

Rugby League Live on HWD Radio - It's just like being there!

HWD Listen_image.jpg

Will you be covering the Batley game next week ??

7 hours ago, coolie said:

We're both safe

Trust me

Cheque is in the post ????

Barra had to beat york this weekend if they were going to stand even a slim chance of catching Dewsbury ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It makes you wonder whether some players have been pinching money all season? After they beat Fev earlier in the season I expected Rams to climb up the table but it never materialised. How come they can only raise their game against Fev?

48 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

It makes you wonder whether some players have been pinching money all season? After they beat Fev earlier in the season I expected Rams to climb up the table but it never materialised. How come they can only raise their game against Fev?

That's a bit of a Fev-centric view of the world ? We drew against Halifax in our last home game, beat Widnes away and ran half dozen teams very close. We lost Sykes for a number of weeks after Fev game which didn't help. We do play well against other teams.

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

We always raise our game against the big clubs Steve.

14 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

We always raise our game against the big clubs Steve.

They’re all big clubs compared to us BSJ ?? Apart from Batley home and swinton away I think we’ve played pretty well all season.  We’ve just been prone to moments of madness and an absolute inability to see out a game as evidenced again yesterday unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, NickD said:

They’re all big clubs compared to us BSJ ?? Apart from Batley home and swinton away I think we’ve played pretty well all season.  We’ve just been prone to moments of madness and an absolute inability to see out a game as evidenced again yesterday unfortunately. 

Fax away!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Archived