Featherstone (H)

Wakefield Ram

2 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

I do find it strange that there doesn't appear to be any standard issue kit for timekeepers.

Some seem to work from classic stopwatches, others use an app on a tablet - and there was one last season with a very retro looking analogue clock.

I think a good solution would be for the timekeepers to use a laptop and an RFL-built website similar to this: https://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

It'd be very easy to give "guests" (fans) access to see the time for any given match,  from a phone or computer, so that the process is totally transparent and anybody who wants to see how long's left can do so (including the poor buggers trying to run the scoreboard!).

Would just take the pressure off everybody and it wouldn't cost a lot to do.

Do you see where you are wrong Tom? Hint: "totally transparent", "RFL".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

I do find it strange that there doesn't appear to be any standard issue kit for timekeepers.

Some seem to work from classic stopwatches, others use an app on a tablet - and there was one last season with a very retro looking analogue clock.

I think a good solution would be for the timekeepers to use a laptop and an RFL-built website similar to this: https://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

It'd be very easy to give "guests" (fans) access to see the time for any given match,  from a phone or computer, so that the process is totally transparent and anybody who wants to see how long's left can do so (including the poor buggers trying to run the scoreboard!).

Would just take the pressure off everybody and it wouldn't cost a lot to do.

Would have certainly taken the pressure off my ticker when your ticker jumped back five minutes then for a second time stayed on forty minutes for what seemed a year and a half???. Must get it across to our players to be forty in front at that stage in future (fev fan)

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2019/08/06/loan-watch-young-rhinos-star-in-featherstone-win/

If we'd played Featherstone without the 5 Rhinos who scored most of their points we'd have won comfortably. 

Indeed we would.  Lets hope the new reserve set up stuffs DR next season 

33 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm struggling to count 5. Maybe you could enlighten me?

You shouldn’t be struggling to count, even to five. Tell me if I’m wrong with these:

33 Golding

32 Sutcliffe

37 McClelland

42 Albert (loan)

28 Walters 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

18 hours ago, graham fisher said:

C’mon lads let’s not go down the DR road again don’t forget we used to use it,we got shafted by Wakefield and the players that they sent us apart from Annakin.

i hate it and I bet majority of Fev fans do as well.

Agreed - If we had had four or five quality regulars from the Rhinos available every match, we would be saying "well course I don't agree with it, but thems the rules". Annakin apart though, our own loanees/DR's were no better than  the signed on lads that missed out to accommodate them IMO.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 04/08/2019 at 23:54, coolie said:

Will you be covering the Batley game next week ??

We do not have permission from Batley to cover their home games at the moment (we have tried), but we are hopefull that will change next season.

Sorry

We will be back for Bradford Bulls on the 18th.

On 09/08/2019 at 13:48, Wakefield Ram said:

You're right it was just four Rhinos players who scored four of Fevs five tries and set up the other one.

and with FEV's coaching we're turning them into good players ?

On 09/08/2019 at 13:47, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd have another go....

54 minutes ago, POR said:

and with FEV's coaching we're turning them into good players ?

The Leeds players in Fevs side have had little or no super league experience (Golding apart) but you are correct POR they will have in the future with Fevs help.

Archived