Car registration numbers.

Saw a parked up car yesterday in Cas rejoicing with various Tigers stickers and a the registration number WF10 CAS, (WF10 being the postcode). The best though was CA54 EVA. Brilliant! Any other sightings?

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, corvusxiii said:

Saw a parked up car yesterday in Cas rejoicing with various Tigers stickers and a the registration number WF10 CAS, (WF10 being the postcode). The best though was CA54 EVA. Brilliant! Any other sightings?

No, I haven't seen either of them.

rldfsignature.jpg

During 2011 there were a lot of cars being sold in Hastings and St Leonards to people registering them in the Brighton area, the prefix was GU11, and as Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. are known as the Seagulls, we can see why.

The last car I drove had the plate LL 10 NWP, L10N being as close as we could get

I once saw a RL Player with SCU11 (work it out)

That's a Chevrolet not a Chrysler.

W1GAN used to be on a black Land Rover I think, sure I saw it a few times when watching Wigan at London games.

Different sport, but Wasin Akram used to have WAS1M on his Bentley when he played for Lancs CC in the 90's.

In reply to John WP Fan, no, all plates follow age related letter and number sequences. You can buy any released plate and put it on your car provided it does not make the car look younger than it is.

40 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

That's a Chevrolet not a Chrysler.

W1GAN used to be on a black Land Rover I think, sure I saw it a few times when watching Wigan at London games.

Different sport, but Wasin Akram used to have WAS1M on his Bentley when he played for Lancs CC in the 90's.

In reply to John WP Fan, no, all plates follow age related letter and number sequences. You can buy any released plate and put it on your car provided it does not make the car look younger than it is.

Yes, your right that's what longevity does to you, something you won't experience with a Chevrolet?

Saw a Car in Hull once with "VEG4S" on the plate. Made me wonder if the driver was ace...

(One for the older forum members there.)

Stacks of car plates with HKR as consecutive letters in Hull, they must be quite cheap I imagine.

SteveReed100 is an expert in this field, I wonder where he is?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Saw a Car in Hull once with "VEG4S" on the plate. Made me wonder if the driver was ace...

(One for the older forum members there.)

Stacks of car plates with HKR as consecutive letters in Hull, they must be quite cheap I imagine.

SteveReed100 is an expert in this field, I wonder where he is?

Does he own L1 HKR

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

5 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Are fully personalized plates not a thing in the UK?

wpplate.jpg

The short answer to your question, John, is 'No'.  As I understand it, with the modern style of registration, the first two letters must indicate the place where the vehicle was registered and be followed by two numbers which indicate when the vehicle was first registered.  The final three letters are random.  You can buy or sell registration numbers, but they must follow that format (or one of the earlier ones used to register motor vehicles)

11 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

That's an illegally displayed numberplate, the first two 1's have been amended with a black plastic screw cover to make them look like a H.

You're being a bit pedantic, Whippet13, but, I suspect, absolutely correct!

15 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

That's an illegally displayed numberplate, the first two 1's have been amended with a black plastic screw cover to make them look like a H.

Correct. Not long after this it was changed to be displayed properly (legally) and has been on Hetherington's cars for about 20 years now.

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

The short answer to your question, John, is 'No'.  As I understand it, with the modern style of registration, the first two letters must indicate the place where the vehicle was registered and be followed by two numbers which indicate when the vehicle was first registered.  The final three letters are random.  You can buy or sell registration numbers, but they must follow that format (or one of the earlier ones used to register motor vehicles)

You're being a bit pedantic, Whippet13, but, I suspect, absolutely correct!

I am correct, I worked for DVLA many years ago. It's illegal to make correct numbers difficult to read as potentially someone can avoid speed cameras fines or police tracing for offences etc by altering them.

I’ve got XIII as the start of mine followed by initials.  Chose XIII for the RL link!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Archived