Car registration numbers.

6 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Are fully personalized plates not a thing in the UK?

Nope, afraid not. We have a totally inflexible and antiquated system, so we have to use our imaginations to get round things by adapting to what is available. We can't just go out and purchase instant gratification. Shame really, but those are the rules.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Manx RL said:

Are they freebies just like Wolfpack tickets?

The plates were free (for me) as they were a gift from my girlfriend. I have paid full price for my season tickets all 3 years. Great value, and I do not mind that some free tickets are distributed to bring in new fans.

16 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I presume you mean Chrysler's? No I think they pay you to drive one?

Yes, it's a Chevy, my first one after a string of Japanese cars. It's a Bolt EV. I'm proud to drive a Bolt, not quite proud yet to drive a Chevy. I'm considering removing the "bow-tie" logo from the back...

(apologies for this straying from the topic of this thread)

On a completely different note, once on Trafford Park I saw an old Landrover with the square number plate so the first 3 symbols were over the top of second 3 it read A55 OLE, not being happy with that (and I can only imagine it is the same owner) the car parked beside it was M1 NGE. Husband and Wifes?

The RFL used to (perhaps still do), own RFL 1, RFL 2, RFL 3 etc..not sure what number they went up to.

They were an a fleet of cars sourced from Appleyards.  The last time I was at Red Hall (quite some time back), the cars were dumped out the back and still had the plates on.

10 hours ago, Bulliac said:

The number BU11 MAN is running around somewhere, belonging to a fairly well known supporter.

BBU  11S was on an Audi last year, illegally spaced to read B BU11S, Chalmers? Useless Plod, it was parked 20 yards from a Police station but didn't get nicked!

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

A ' Bolt EV ' ? John ? , Does that work with the higher mileages you Canadians do ? 

It's working just fine for me. I don't do many long trips, and I can recharge in my garage as needed overnight. The average range of this car is 383 km (that goes down on the highway at high speeds, and in winter). The longest trip I have done is to Paris (Ontario) a few weeks ago, which was only 245 km round trip in a day

If I did a trip longer than the range, I would need to plan where to charge it, and it would take longer than an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicle. In the meantime, I love the amazing acceleration and everything else about the car, especially never having to stop for gas, and the just over 1 cent per km cost of charging.

17 hours ago, dboy said:

The RFL used to (perhaps still do), own RFL 1, RFL 2, RFL 3 etc..not sure what number they went up to.

They were an a fleet of cars sourced from Appleyards.  The last time I was at Red Hall (quite some time back), the cars were dumped out the back and still had the plates on.

Quite a few years ago I remember seeing on the M62 in West Yorkshire G13 RFL, could easily be read as GB RFL, I don't  know if it was someone from our esteemed body or not, is it still about?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite a few years ago I remember seeing on the M62 in West Yorkshire G13 RFL, could easily be read as GB RFL, I don't  know if it was someone from our esteemed body or not, is it still about?

DVLA don't have a record of it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really, my mind or eyes must have been playing tricks, as I said it was a long time ago. 

I think that just means it's not on the road now. 

Available from your local (or not so local) online supplier of personalised plates for £158.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived