3 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves (Merged Threads)

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/19 at 16:00

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JonM said:

May be tempting fate here, but the Widnes fans are at the same end as Saints fans and in 40+ years of watching Widnes/Saints games I've never seen any trouble. I doubt there'll be any problems inside the stadium.

I would guess Widnes fans will be rooting for Saints in a game against wire. Obviously they will take great delight in ribbing Saints fans if wire win. 

23 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Pomeroy no longer plays for Catalans.

He played for Catalans reserves in the Elite 1 final a few weeks back. Must admit I thought he'd gone back to Aus after that.

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Disgraceful scenes in the stands, the RFL need to come down very heavy on the clubs for that.

But on the pitch - it was nice to see the biff back!!!

It was the ' biff ' that sparked the trouble in the stand 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Also on Hill, one minute he is worried about his family, but the next he is more distracted with Kenny Edwards. I find that odd, I've defended him time and again, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our captaincy.

Agreed. He has gone from a role model for hard work and discipline to a chippy pain the @#$e. 

The captaincy should be with someone who has a level head, like Ratchford. Gentlemanly behaviour filters down.

I’ve never seen so many people jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. The usual trolls will (and have started to) fill their boots but we shouldn’t feed them.

A terrible night all round but let’s not judge anyone yet.

To be shocked by Wire’s cretinous vermin section of their support being cretinous vermin is like being shocked that grass is green. 

I really didn’t want to play these at Wembley for that reason. I want to be able to walk around Wembley and it’s surrounding areas soaking up the atmosphere and chatting to likeminded RL fans. Instead, I’m going to have half an eye on those around me because they want to fight. 

18 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

To be shocked by Wire’s cretinous vermin section of their support being cretinous vermin is like being shocked that grass is green. 

I really didn’t want to play these at Wembley for that reason. I want to be able to walk around Wembley and it’s surrounding areas soaking up the atmosphere and chatting to likeminded RL fans. Instead, I’m going to have half an eye on those around me because they want to fight. 

From a Wire fan, I feel the same this time and will have my witts about me as I mingle through the Saints and Widnes fans.

1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Spot on. It wasn't us. Even the most one-eyed will have trouble blaming it all on Wigan for once. 

To be fair the main instigators were Ex Wigan and Leigh players. Bird,Edwards and Mamo aside. Now where’s my eye patch. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

To be fair the main instigators were Ex Wigan and Leigh players. Bird,Edwards and Mamo aside. Now where’s my eye patch. 

Come on. Glasses and chairs were thrown. Not meyt n prayta pies and melancholic incomprehensible invective about the glory days of the 90's.

• ckn locked this topic

14 posts deleted.

Come on... you know the rules of the forum. Behave.

And, p.s., if you’re going to complain about moderation on a game night when we tend to be doing other things then at least have the good grace to hit Report so we can see it.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• ckn unlocked this topic

Watched the game and no it wasnt a good look...but seriously, all this cc final is gonna be a bloodbath, mind ya back etc..seriously?? Granted im a soft southern cockney git league fan, but it was hardly West Ham Millwall was it!!  Im sure it will be fine and I do think a few people are overeacting somewhat?

just watched the match, I hope both clubs gets massive fines and players get hefty match bans AND gefty fines, that was an absolutely carp game, dirty outhouse stuff all the time and Edwards is a not very nice person. I saw at one point he dropped hi knee on someone that wasn't picked up and his poor man's Kelvin Skerrett at the end should see him get a couple of games as well.

Bird is a grub, Hill is a gnome, if Child had something about him he should have had 5 or 6 off long before for the way they were caling him out and the behaviour.

The disciplinary had better do their jobs and not bottle it ast that was an utter disgrace from both sides and is the catalyst for whatever was going on in the stands.

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

Philam was a cheap shot merchant i seen. Wolves fans are losing there .

Maybe concentrate on not being bridemaides always helps. 

Your comment makes no sense. 

Although I've seen far too many brawls so long as the game deals with it it'll blow over.

Don't be fooled into thinking it's limited to this match or those fans or the two clubs it's all our problem.

I'll make a bet before I've seen any press coverage that this'll be the most collumn inches we've had in quite some time and the RFL's actions will be lucky to see daylight by comparison.

as for

2 hours ago, Celt said:

The lack of self awareness from a lot of Warrington fans online is incredible.

Browsing through twitter, Facebook groups etc, I am seeing comments like 

"English and proud. Brexit"  and blaming "the French" for pretty much everything. Either that or... "it was the ref's fault" (that we rioted in the stands)

The level of retardedness from some english Rugby League fans is truly staggering, and I say that as a Warrington supporter myself.  

Hardly surprising that comments like this will come out at the moment and I'm talking about the quotes not Celt here.

Fining the clubs is the poorest stock response and points deduction might not be a bad idea. I know it's probably not in the rules but being knocked out of the play-offs would send a real message for a change.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived