2 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Leeds win this... Would be interested to see the last time any Leeds team won all three of our away west Yorkshire derbies (the current crop, Wakey, Cas, Hudds) in one season. Maybe the 2015 team did but it's certainly exceptional.

I don’t think Leeds have been great, they don’t build any pressure like usual but they’ve been really up for this game and Huddersfield surprisingly lacklustre. Leeds have just ran harder and wanted it more. 

Leeds have defended well and made fewer errors and given fewer penalties away than usual

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

If Leeds win this... Would be interested to see the last time any Leeds team won all three of our away west Yorkshire derbies (the current crop, Wakey, Cas, Hudds) in one season. Maybe the 2015 team did but it's certainly exceptional.

Your not including the Cup defeat at Bradford in away West Yorkshire derbies then.

Well that was bottom of the table dross, compared to last night's no holds barred full on top of the table battle it was pathetic.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

You would think the Rhino's were safe now especially with their points difference but it's been a strange season if they start thinking that then they could be dragged back into it, they certainly need a clear out of the likes of Singleton, Ferres and Myler for next year and looking at who the likes of Wigan, Wire and possibly Hull have signed already they appear to be on the backfoot already. As for the Giants they were dire, when they had some field position early in the game their attack was slow and clunky and never looked like putting sustained pressure on Leeds. Their much vaunted youngster's were shown up for what they are; gangling lightweights unable to contain the likes of Hurrell or Merrin, only a solid pro like Tai showed the determination and effort required in a game such as this.

One consolation for them is that Trinity are sinking like a stone so there is another team in the mire?

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

You would think the Rhino's were safe now especially with their points difference but it's been a strange season if they start thinking that then they could be dragged back into it, they certainly need a clear out of the likes of Singleton, Ferres and Myler for next year and looking at who the likes of Wigan, Wire and possibly Hull have signed already they appear to be on the backfoot already. As for the Giants they were dire, when they had some field position early in the game their attack was slow and clunky and never looked like putting sustained pressure on Leeds. Their much vaunted youngster's were shown up for what they are; gangling lightweights unable to contain the likes of Hurrell or Merrin, only a solid pro like Tai showed the determination and effort required in a game such as this.

One consolation for them is that Trinity are sinking like a stone so there is another team in the mire?

Given the way Trinity and Giants are playing they could both get relegated!

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Well that was bottom of the table dross, compared to last night's no holds barred full on top of the table battle it was pathetic.

Don’t blame Leeds, they played pretty well. Huddersfield were dreadful in defence and devoid of ideas in attack. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse team all season.

8 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

Don’t blame Leeds, they played pretty well. Huddersfield were dreadful in defence and devoid of ideas in attack. I don’t think I’ve seen a worse team all season.

I didn't blame Leeds, though they were awful for the first fifteen minutes and were handed the game on a plate when the Huddersfield defense was shown to be inept.

One team scoring lots of points and the other team scoring zero points does not a good game make.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

If the pitch was 20 yards shorter Huddersfield would have done OK, BUT 10 yards infield from both the defensive and attacking try lines they were absolutely clueless, the way they handed this game to the Rhinos I don't honestly think it has given any indication as to the Leeds form, I can't see any other team capitulating as easy has Huddersfield did last night.

Archived