Bradford

Blind side johnny

14 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

Its not a fixed cost for Odsal. The rent is 72k a year. The rest is on Bill's for the ground and maintenance, for example they had to do a repair job on the toilets in the main stand that wasn't cheap and unexpected costs. 

You really are splitting hairs. When a new business decides to establish itself, as distinct from taking over an existing one, which this wasn't, then the investors will look very closely indeed at all cost implications including maintenance and capital investment. They will  then make their decisions on that basis whether to invest or not. If the investors didn't do their sums properly that is just a case of atrocious business-modelling and nothing whatsoever to do with the RFL or Bradford Council.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You really are splitting hairs. When a new business decides to establish itself, as distinct from taking over an existing one, which this wasn't, then the investors will look very closely indeed at all cost implications including maintenance and capital investment. They will  then make their decisions on that basis whether to invest or not. If the investors didn't do their sums properly that is just a case of atrocious business-modelling and nothing whatsoever to do with the RFL or Bradford Council.

Chalmers had no choice but to play at Odsal when he took over as was 2 years left on 5 year lease agreed with RFL, they made this part of the rules for forming a new club in Bradford, Chalmers did his research but either way had no choice. Hence why he has refused to sign a new lease deal even when pushed by RFL, this is 1st time we can leave.

2 minutes ago, Bcfc2014 said:

Chalmers had no choice but to play at Odsal when he took over as was 2 years left on 5 year lease agreed with RFL, they made this part of the rules for forming a new club in Bradford, Chalmers did his research but either way had no choice. Hence why he has refused to sign a new lease deal even when pushed by RFL, this is 1st time we can leave.

He had the perfect choice of refusing to get involved - nobody forced him. Victimhood doesn't stand up to scrutiny on this occasion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

No,why should Bradford keep over spending & getting bailed out by other clubs & the R F L. Just cos they've got a few more fans than the likes of Dewsbury, Batley etc , should never have been allowed to go f/t this season.

I agree totally.I didn't express it very well 

I really feel for the real fans of Bradford and they are the ones who are getting the s==t end of the stick all the time.

Also I think the game could benefit from a second Big club in West Yorkshire.I'm afraid Cas and Wakey don't qualify.Fev are a long way off so who does that leave.

6 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I really feel for the real fans of Bradford and they are the ones who are getting the s==t end of the stick all the time.

Also I think the game could benefit from a second Big club in West Yorkshire.I'm afraid Cas and Wakey don't qualify.Fev are a long way off so who does that leave.

It leaves nobody I’m afraid ? 

12 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Lets hope the Fev fans don't see this comment - there'll be uproar ?

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Lets hope the Fev fans don't see this comment - there'll be uproar ?

Its OK Fev fans can only recognise the emojis..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

19 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

The RFL did not make playing at Odsal a cast iron rule. They issued a list of wishes that would gain an advantage for any bidder who met them - Chalmers didn't put up the bond that was also on that list so far from no choice. As for the 2 years left on the 5 years lease, wasn't one of Bradford and the RFL's arguments against the ex-employees claims that the club was an entirely new business..............surely that would have made the existing lease agreement void?

On 01/08/2019 at 10:52, Blind side johnny said:

And another "big club" talking about sharing our facilities: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17807335.bradford-bulls-chairman-sets-two-week-deadline-decide-stadiums-future/

Do we ever get anything out of these consistently unfulfilled threats?

I would assume you’d get £3-4K extra rental per match for another 15 home games plus at least 75% of the food & drink takings, depending on negotiations

6 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

I would assume you’d get £3-4K extra rental per match for another 15 home games plus at least 75% of the food & drink takings, depending on negotiations

My point is TB that such "plans" have been heard by us many times yet never come to fruition. Why do we bother even contemplating them?

On 06/08/2019 at 16:33, Jacko45 said:

No,why should Bradford keep over spending & getting bailed out by other clubs & the R F L. Just cos they've got a few more fans than the likes of Dewsbury, Batley etc , should never have been allowed to go f/t this season.

Bradford aren't full time there hydrid. 

14 hours ago, coolie said:

So what do Webster,Lilly, Crossley do for jobs...???

Crossley is a school teacher he's are captain and he's not even full time. I know Lilley does all gym work does fitness and coaches at stanningley. Has for Webster he'll be full time.

6 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Crossley is a school teacher he's are captain and he's not even full time. I know Lilley does all gym work does fitness and coaches at stanningley. Has for Webster he'll be full time.

So who else is full time...you can't tell there is just Webster,not a dog but an honest question.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

So who else is full time...you can't tell there is just Webster,not a dog but an honest question.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Before the start of the season Chalmers announced that they had 22 FT players and another dozen or so who were PT

He did yet never said who was and who wasn't. 

1 gregg McNally - left but will have been full time 

2 ETHAN RYAN - goes uni but reckon classed has full time 

3 JAKE WEBSTER - full time 

4  ASHLEY GIBSON - full time

5  JY HITCHCOX - full time  

6  JOE KEYES - full time 

7  DANE CHISHOLM - left but was full time

8  LIAM KIRK - unsure

9 MATTY WILDIE - full time

10 STEVE CROSSLEY - part time teacher

11 MATTY GARSIDE - part time teacher

12  ELLIOT MINCHELLA - full time 

13 MIKEY WOOD - unsure

14 JORDAN LILLEY - does his own stuff but be classed has full time

15 CALLUM BUSTIN - part time

16 JAMES GREEN - does insureance be classed has full time

17 ROSS PELTIER - unsure

18 SAM HALLAS - coaches under 16s be classed has full time

19 JON MAGRIN - unsure

20  BRANDON PICKERSGILL - unsure

21 GEORGE FLANAGAN - part time works on council

22 DALTON GRANT - unsure

23 GEORGE MILTON - unsure

24 DAVID FOGGIN-JOHNSON - part time

25 CONNOR FARRELL - unsure

26 ROSS OAKES - unsure

27 ROWAN MILNES - part time lifeguard

28 EVAN HODGSON - part time 

29 MATTHEW STORTON - part time window cleaner

30 OLIVER WILSON - left but was part time

31 RHYS EVANS - full time

I get 22 that's with the unsures 2 full time have left so only 20. A full time to me is everybody the coaching staff the players.

4 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

He did yet never said who was and who wasn't. 

1 gregg McNally - left but will have been full time 

2 ETHAN RYAN - goes uni but reckon classed has full time 

3 JAKE WEBSTER - full time 

4  ASHLEY GIBSON - full time

5  JY HITCHCOX - full time  

6  JOE KEYES - full time 

7  DANE CHISHOLM - left but was full time

8  LIAM KIRK - unsure

9 MATTY WILDIE - full time

10 STEVE CROSSLEY - part time teacher

11 MATTY GARSIDE - part time teacher

12  ELLIOT MINCHELLA - full time 

13 MIKEY WOOD - unsure

14 JORDAN LILLEY - does his own stuff but be classed has full time

15 CALLUM BUSTIN - part time

16 JAMES GREEN - does insureance be classed has full time

17 ROSS PELTIER - unsure

18 SAM HALLAS - coaches under 16s be classed has full time

19 JON MAGRIN - unsure

20  BRANDON PICKERSGILL - unsure

21 GEORGE FLANAGAN - part time works on council

22 DALTON GRANT - unsure

23 GEORGE MILTON - unsure

24 DAVID FOGGIN-JOHNSON - part time

25 CONNOR FARRELL - unsure

26 ROSS OAKES - unsure

27 ROWAN MILNES - part time lifeguard

28 EVAN HODGSON - part time 

29 MATTHEW STORTON - part time window cleaner

30 OLIVER WILSON - left but was part time

31 RHYS EVANS - full time

I get 22 that's with the unsures 2 full time have left so only 20. A full time to me is everybody the coaching staff the players.

How on earth can Bradford afford all that lot ???

Pretty damning that .

Hardly gonna win friends and influence people to the bulls cause.

27 minutes ago, coolie said:

How on earth can Bradford afford all that lot ???

Pretty damning that .

Hardly gonna win friends and influence people to the bulls cause.

Losing chizzy and gregg bet they was top 3 earners with Webster saved money there. Lost Wilson who wasn't on a lot been a under 19s player I know he's on a big wage now at Giants. We only got a team that big for the reserve grade will benefit next year. I've been told fax, keighley and another team ain't allowed to run one next year yet rfl making it a new rule. 

Keighley for example could run a reserve grade get super league teams said they couldn't but keighley can with 600-1000 gates.

15 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Losing chizzy and gregg bet they was top 3 earners with Webster saved money there. Lost Wilson who wasn't on a lot been a under 19s player I know he's on a big wage now at Giants. We only got a team that big for the reserve grade will benefit next year. I've been told fax, keighley and another team ain't allowed to run one next year yet rfl making it a new rule. 

Keighley for example could run a reserve grade get super league teams said they couldn't but keighley can with 600-1000 gates.

The clubs running reserve grades next season have been announced by the RFL and their spokesman is due on RL Backchat tonight, so no doubt will explain the decisions. Fax have been given permission to enter a team along with Bradford, Widnes and Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The clubs running reserve grades next season have been announced by the RFL and their spokesman is due on RL Backchat tonight, so no doubt will explain the decisions. Fax have been given permission to enter a team along with Bradford, Widnes and Newcastle.

Gotta feel for Keighley after all the effort they’ve put in to running a reserve team. 

Archived