Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

Bradford

Recommended Posts


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't panic

They'll just start a new club up with

The same name

The same sponsor's

The same shirts

The same design

The same ground

The same entitled fans(or think they are)

The same money troubles down the line

Let's do it again in 12 months 

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolie said:

Don't panic

They'll just start a new club up with

The same name

The same sponsor's

The same shirts

The same design

The same ground

The same entitled fans(or think they are)

The same money troubles down the line

Let's do it again in 12 months 

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

 

I'm sorry but I don't see any reason for humour or sarcasm.

I really think this news(if true) is sad in so many ways.

Surely a strong Bradford has got to be good for the game in the long term.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course a strong Bradford is good for the game ... but a deluded Bradford .. and any other club living above their means .. is very bad for the game!!!  So many clubs chase the pot of gold ....its not there!!.... lets all be realistic and develop within a realistic business model..... lets ditch the train set mentality...... then we might just have a chance to be watching RL in market towns in years to come ....if not ... well as they say .. you reap what you sow!  

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I'm sorry but I don't see any reason for humour or sarcasm.

I really think this news(if true) is sad in so many ways.

Surely a strong Bradford has got to be good for the game in the long term.

Spend what you have, not spend what you think your going to get.

No sympathy for Bradford

They are the creator's of their own demise.

They wasn't forced to sign

Steve Crossley

Jordan Lilley

Jake Webster

Rhys Evans

Jy Hitchcock

Matty wildie

George Flannigan

Dalton Grant

There's a few 20k plus players in there

Cut your cloth accordingly

Almost everyone else does.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And another "big club" talking about sharing our facilities: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17807335.bradford-bulls-chairman-sets-two-week-deadline-decide-stadiums-future/

 

Do we ever get anything out of these consistently unfulfilled threats?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And another "big club" talking about sharing our facilities: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17807335.bradford-bulls-chairman-sets-two-week-deadline-decide-stadiums-future/

 

Do we ever get anything out of these consistently unfulfilled threats?

Big mates chalmers & Sawyer

Scare tactics & sabre rattling for a better deal

Edited by coolie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I'm sorry but I don't see any reason for humour or sarcasm.

I really think this news(if true) is sad in so many ways.

Surely a strong Bradford has got to be good for the game in the long term.

Why?, it's the 3rd or 4th time Bradford have had financial problems over the last few years. And they haven't learned a thing, the board or owners clearly spend money they don't have and are chasing something that isn't going to happen.

The only people I feel sorry for are the fans who come week in week out but the strong bradford strong rugby argument is rubbish, rugby needs strong teams and financial strength is important.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no brief for Bradford in fact as a Swinton Lions fan I rather dislike Bradford Bulls and certain sections of their supporters who have arrogance and ignorance  of the highest order.So for me I am very much the outsider looking in.

Now it seems to me from what I saw on the Telegraph and Argus website that it costs Bradford £500K to play at that dump,yes £500K.That is a lot of money in any language and even though their average attendance figures at I believe about £25 are probably more than yours,the doggies and ours possibly put together it is still way too much to pay out in rents etc there.And I as a humble gas engineer would suggest that the root of their financial difficulties are very easy to see,and it is Odsal.

Now I believe they are looking at alternatives which to be fair to Andrew Chalmers he is right to do so.And I think again as an outsider looking in the cost of refurbishing that dump to a top quality stadium that is Super League standard will be too much and I doubt that it is feasible either.It might not be feasible either for them to use Valley Parade as the rent will I think be too much even if again it costs £25 to get in,though it is a far better stadium(been there to see my beloved Manchester United play there)Bradford Park Avenue which I believe is probably not big enough though they may need to spend money on extra stands/seats for the attendance figures they get.Could be costly.

And now I believe that they are looking at the possibility of sharing your place.Now of course it is not for me to say if they should or shouldn’t though if as I assume you own your ground it would give you extra revenue with rent which I guess would be handy.But that one is the call of your board not me.

But as I said earlier there is a lot of arrogance with their fans who think they are a cut above who think their club warrant special attention,well let me tell them they don’t and let’s be frank,blunt and honest if push comes to shove and Bradford cannot play in the city of Bradford because they cannot afford to or cannot find a suitable venue then tough💩we at Swinton Lions have had to play outside of the boundaries of Swinton since 1992 when we lost Station Road And Indeed for most of that period to date outside of the boundaries of Salford City Council apart from a season spell at The Willows And a season(just 1)at Salford City FC with 2 home fixtures at the AJ Bell(funnily enough both you and the doggies,and lost both),and we have had to play at venues in neighbouring authorities namely Bury and Trafford BC.

And if it is good enough for Swinton Lions to have to play outside their area,then it damned well is good enough for Bradford Bulls.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I have no brief for Bradford in fact as a Swinton Lions fan I rather dislike Bradford Bulls and certain sections of their supporters who have arrogance and ignorance  of the highest order.So for me I am very much the outsider looking in.

Now it seems to me from what I saw on the Telegraph and Argus website that it costs Bradford £500K to play at that dump,yes £500K.That is a lot of money in any language and even though their average attendance figures at I believe about £25 are probably more than yours,the doggies and ours possibly put together it is still way too much to pay out in rents etc there.And I as a humble gas engineer would suggest that the root of their financial difficulties are very easy to see,and it is Odsal.

Now I believe they are looking at alternatives which to be fair to Andrew Chalmers he is right to do so.And I think again as an outsider looking in the cost of refurbishing that dump to a top quality stadium that is Super League standard will be too much and I doubt that it is feasible either.It might not be feasible either for them to use Valley Parade as the rent will I think be too much even if again it costs £25 to get in,though it is a far better stadium(been there to see my beloved Manchester United play there)Bradford Park Avenue which I believe is probably not big enough though they may need to spend money on extra stands/seats for the attendance figures they get.Could be costly.

And now I believe that they are looking at the possibility of sharing your place.Now of course it is not for me to say if they should or shouldn’t though if as I assume you own your ground it would give you extra revenue with rent which I guess would be handy.But that one is the call of your board not me.

But as I said earlier there is a lot of arrogance with their fans who think they are a cut above who think their club warrant special attention,well let me tell them they don’t and let’s be frank,blunt and honest if push comes to shove and Bradford cannot play in the city of Bradford because they cannot afford to or cannot find a suitable venue then tough💩we at Swinton Lions have had to play outside of the boundaries of Swinton since 1992 when we lost Station Road And Indeed for most of that period to date outside of the boundaries of Salford City Council apart from a season spell at The Willows And a season(just 1)at Salford City FC with 2 home fixtures at the AJ Bell(funnily enough both you and the doggies,and lost both),and we have had to play at venues in neighbouring authorities namely Bury and Trafford BC.

And if it is good enough for Swinton Lions to have to play outside their area,then it damned well is good enough for Bradford Bulls.

 

Good post. Just two points though:

1. It wouldn't be a ground share as oft quoted; they would be tenants.

2. The costs of playing at Odsal were well known the the owners of Bradford before they set off on this venture I assume. If not then they don't deserve to be running a business.

I have no beef with Bradford at all but they are becoming another of the Yorkshire clubs that seem to specialise in bleating about their lot and how unfair the world is. It doesn't win them any sympathy amongst the general RL watching public.

  • Like 5

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Good post. Just two points though:

1. It wouldn't be a ground share as oft quoted; they would be tenants.

2. The costs of playing at Odsal were well known the the owners of Bradford before they set off on this venture I assume. If not then they don't deserve to be running a business.

I have no beef with Bradford at all but they are becoming another of the Yorkshire clubs that seem to specialise in bleating about their lot and how unfair the world is. It doesn't win them any sympathy amongst the general RL watching public.

Yes that is what I meant to say that they would be tenants.

Yes they probably did know the costs of using that place,now why they pursue playing there at those costs warrants some tough questions at the very least,could there be caveats and clauses in the contract,or at worst are the directors poor at their jobs?

And you are certainly right that the RL watching public are getting fed up with what seems to be a soap opera that goes on at Bradford.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2019 at 10:16, Robthegasman said:

Now it seems to me from what I saw on the Telegraph and Argus website that it costs Bradford £500K to play at that dump,yes £500K.That is a lot of money in any language and even though their average attendance figures at I believe about £25 are probably more than yours,the doggies and ours possibly put together it is still way too much to pay out in rents etc there.And I as a humble gas engineer would suggest that the root of their financial difficulties are very easy to see,and it is Odsal.

That £500k will be a fixed cost though. Therefore, the playing budget should have been set, knowing they had this sum to pay because they play at Odsal.

They chose to sign 22 FT players, and it is the amount they are paying for them, that is at the root of their financial difficulties, because they chose to spend that amount on players. They didn't have to sign a squad costing so much.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The player we apprantley couldn't sign we signed he was a under 19s player once again jornos jumping to stories cause of the past. Then chizzy tweet last month when all players had been paid once again nothing about players not been paid has they all have again this month.

has for the ground thing it's just tatics to put the cost down has people have said above. Also above VP be just has bad has bradford city are stuck with paying rent on that themselves ATM. BPA just isn't big enough would then end up costing to much for temp stands so on so on. He also says about building a ground cas said that since 2014 still nothing that takes too long overall. 

Not saying where too big or above it don't want to be playing rugby outside of Bradford. Seen impact it's created on swinton, Oldham, Sheffield never helped with getting the youth of today to follow a team from there hometown forever moving. Odsal is a short walk for me no extra transport costs got to save money to get in can't afford not to walk 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bullmania said:

The player we apprantley couldn't sign we signed he was a under 19s player once again jornos jumping to stories cause of the past. Then chizzy tweet last month when all players had been paid once again nothing about players not been paid has they all have again this month.

has for the ground thing it's just tatics to put the cost down has people have said above. Also above VP be just has bad has bradford city are stuck with paying rent on that themselves ATM. BPA just isn't big enough would then end up costing to much for temp stands so on so on. He also says about building a ground cas said that since 2014 still nothing that takes too long overall. 

Not saying where too big or above it don't want to be playing rugby outside of Bradford. Seen impact it's created on swinton, Oldham, Sheffield never helped with getting the youth of today to follow a team from there hometown forever moving. Odsal is a short walk for me no extra transport costs got to save money to get in can't afford not to walk 😂

Oh well, if it's walking distance for you then any move will be a non-starter. Have you told AC?

  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oh well, if it's walking distance for you then any move will be a non-starter. Have you told AC?

I've put my point across and it's called tough 5hit. To be perfectly honest I don't care where they play has long has I have a team to support and still watch. That's what it all truely comes down too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2019 at 22:34, Bullmania said:

The player we apprantley couldn't sign we signed he was a under 19s player once again jornos jumping to stories cause of the past. Then chizzy tweet last month when all players had been paid once again nothing about players not been paid has they all have again this month.

has for the ground thing it's just tatics to put the cost down has people have said above. Also above VP be just has bad has bradford city are stuck with paying rent on that themselves ATM. BPA just isn't big enough would then end up costing to much for temp stands so on so on. He also says about building a ground cas said that since 2014 still nothing that takes too long overall. 

Not saying where too big or above it don't want to be playing rugby outside of Bradford. Seen impact it's created on swinton, Oldham, Sheffield never helped with getting the youth of today to follow a team from there hometown forever moving. Odsal is a short walk for me no extra transport costs got to save money to get in can't afford not to walk 😂

Ain't stopped you offering £30k for a super League player has it

Where you went wrong

Full time players (lesson not learned)

Big contact's (lesson not learned)

Spending what you ain't got (lesson not learned)

Ridiculous gate price (lesson not learned)

Same one eyed arrogance from fan's

(lesson not learned)

Thinking of Self entitlement(lesson not learned)

Get ya selves off to Keighley 😜😜😜😜😜

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolie said:

Ain't stopped you offering £30k for a super League player has it

Where you went wrong

Full time players (lesson not learned)

Big contact's (lesson not learned)

Spending what you ain't got (lesson not learned)

Ridiculous gate price (lesson not learned)

Same one eyed arrogance from fan's

(lesson not learned)

Thinking of Self entitlement(lesson not learned)

Get ya selves off to Keighley 😜😜😜😜😜

Fear not Coolie, seems our ground has insufficient capacity for them, as they require one that takes 6000+.

  • Haha 3

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Fear not Coolie, seems our ground has insufficient capacity for them, as they require one that takes 6000+.

The mount it is then..


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

The mount it is then..

You couldn't get 6000 in at the mount

There's not 6000 people left who are interested in rugby league....

Now Kabaddi you'd have to stack them 10 rows high .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2019 at 17:30, DOGFATHER said:

That £500k will be a fixed cost though. Therefore, the playing budget should have been set, knowing they had this sum to pay because they play at Odsal.

They chose to sign 22 FT players, and it is the amount they are paying for them, that is at the root of their financial difficulties, because they chose to spend that amount on players. They didn't have to sign a squad costing so much.

Its not a fixed cost for Odsal. The rent is 72k a year. The rest is on Bill's for the ground and maintenance, for example they had to do a repair job on the toilets in the main stand that wasn't cheap and unexpected costs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bcfc2014 said:

Its not a fixed cost for Odsal. The rent is 72k a year. The rest is on Bill's for the ground and maintenance, for example they had to do a repair job on the toilets in the main stand that wasn't cheap and unexpected costs. 

You have toilets at Odsal 😯

Edited by Piggy's mate
  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2019 at 22:13, gittinsfan said:

I'm sorry but I don't see any reason for humour or sarcasm.

I really think this news(if true) is sad in so many ways.

Surely a strong Bradford has got to be good for the game in the long term.

No,why should Bradford keep over spending & getting bailed out by other clubs & the R F L. Just cos they've got a few more fans than the likes of Dewsbury, Batley etc , should never have been allowed to go f/t this season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...