Bernard Cribbins to present challenge cup!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/07/2019 at 21:32, superten said:

I would go with passed Lance Todd trophy winners presenting the cup

If they've passed who do we get permission from to dig them up if they haven't been cremated/turned into a tree/bits donated to science?

Personally I'[d prefer LT winners who are still alive.

On 02/08/2019 at 16:41, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The game that is plastered across Sky, sells out events across the UK and Europe, gets coverage on ITV, has millions in it for players to win, has plenty of sponsorship and a much bigger presence than Rugby League? 

Yeah, that sport. 

It's a pub game that revolves completely around stag do's and getting plastered , take away the booze and nobody would be there 

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

For the record 4 out of my 5 grandchildren would be aware of who Frank Bruno is.

The youngest one wouldn't as he's only 7 years old

As I said why? He's rarely in the public eye to any great extent. Do they know because you've told them or you have an interest in boxing? How are they aware of him?

rldfsignature.jpg

8 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Bernard Cribbins is a man of yesteryear and our game shows it’s stuck in the past ! The Rfl need to engage a new audience to take the game forward (no offence to Mr Cribbins)

Not only that in marketing terms it looks as cheap as chips and no fish & without the salt and vinegar!

Unless the RFL paid to dollar and he's going to sing at half time too, of course.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

35 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Not only that in marketing terms it looks as cheap as chips and no fish & without the salt and vinegar!

Unless the RFL paid to dollar and he's going to sing at half time too, of course.

To be honest I can’t see the chips too ! It seems like we have the scraps/ bits

11 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Going back to the original post, wouldn't Bernard Cribbins AND Russell Crowe be the dream ticket?

Er .....      no!

But, if that's the road you want to go down, Bernard and Bob Carolgees + Spit the Dog would.

25 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Er .....      no!

But, if that's the road you want to go down, Bernard and Bob Carolgees + Spit the Dog would.

I know it's no longer possible but, personally, Bernard with a miked up Norman Collier would have been a dream.

1 hour ago, Manxmanc said:

I know it's no longer possible but, personally, Bernard with a miked up Norman Collier would have been a dream.

Norman Collier . What a legend . Had me in stitches as a kid watching his routine . Who cares if I’d seen it a hundred times - still funny !

2 hours ago, iangidds said:

Bernard Cribbins is a man of yesteryear and our game shows it’s stuck in the past ! The Rfl need to engage a new audience to take the game forward (no offence to Mr Cribbins)

How dare you , sir !  Cribbo was a star of the Dr Who re-boot and more recently Old Jack's Boat .

He's more relevant today than Bramley Wiggle and his 2012 Tour de France win .

Ask your grandkids , you old geezer !

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

It's a pub game that revolves completely around stag do's and getting plastered , take away the booze and nobody would be there 

RLs heading in that direction if recent events carry on

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I hope Bernard knows what a league legend he’s become 

As half the League legends don't realise their legendary status I be astounded if he had an inkling!

Look I really don't know he got the gig, just look who also attended the auditions

image.png.67235bceb16e52814cebca88fe2d9e23.png

They even brought their own fake trophy to hand over!

Fix!

Archived