The Ashes Thread - Cricket

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice symmetry - 258 in each innings. Now to see what we can do to a Smith-free Australia.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice to see England batting with a smile on their faces. They battled hard, rode their luck and got the rewards.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Warner gone... 

He's bringing such joy to the world with these cheap dismissals. The man's practically a saint...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He may not be quite the effortlessly entertaining success as a pundit that Glenn McGrath proved to be, but Mitchell Johnson's been enjoyable on Test Match Special. Lots of insight on hostile bowling and big match temperament, especially.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

He may not be quite the effortlessly entertaining success as a pundit that Glenn McGrath proved to be, but Mitchell Johnson's been enjoyable on Test Match Special. Lots of insight on hostile bowling and big match temperament, especially.

I hope he didn’t do the Aussie irony failure and criticise archer yesterday  

Don't you wish you could bat like a professional Cricketer? Fear not!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

They had to give us hope, before snatching it away.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I know it’s effective and part of the game but deliberately aiming at people with a reckless disregard for serious consequences just puts me off. For me, it sits in the same category as giving someone a shoeing to get them out the way. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

28 minutes ago, ckn said:

I know it’s effective and part of the game but deliberately aiming at people with a reckless disregard for serious consequences just puts me off. For me, it sits in the same category as giving someone a shoeing to get them out the way. 

He’s got a great yorker  , and 90 mph plus at the stumps is the ball ultimately that opens all modes of dismissal even though the bouncer looks striking . The fuller ball gets the wickets 

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Not over just yet... two quick wickets has reopened the door!

I think the clock will be the winner, but if we can put more doubt and uncertainty into the Australian batsmen's hearts, it may still have some benefit down the road.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived