Liverpool RLFC make progress - Aiming for 2021 Entry

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I expect Toronto, Ottawa and NY will market Saints (or Widnes) as a Liverpool team when they come to town so job done. 

exactly so we Don't need a LIVERPOOL team surely the Doctor would have been better putting his money into Widnes .

Chief Crazy Eagle

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Rugby League yes. Super Greed no. Given my age 63, and the fact that I have attended games every Saturday and Sunday and midweek whenever I can since 1971 I doubt that there are many people in the Country who have watched more RL matches than me. I would certainly be right up there in the number of grounds that I have visited (including amateur) around the country. Its a fantastic sport - run by fools and Greedy SL chairman. Two evenly matched teams at any level provide great entertainment. I wish they didn't , because if I could find another sport that entertained me more I would be off.

Unfortunately to some who wonder "Where will all these quality players come from?" , or believe that Super League is the be all and end all,they see no merit in an entertaining match between teams composed of players who are not of the "top drawer". The fact that those players might improve, or that 2000 may have enjoyed the entertainment on show is of little concern to them.

14 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’re that old and call it Super Greed? Weird that. 

Your opinion also isn’t worth anymore than anyone else’s because of your age or the number of games you’ve seen. It’s irrelevant penis measuring and nothing more. 

Bit rich from someone who posts as "Oliver Clothesoff"

44 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’re that old and call it Super Greed? Weird that. 

Your opinion also isn’t worth anymore than anyone else’s because of your age or the number of games you’ve seen. It’s irrelevant penis measuring and nothing more. 

You said I must love the game so.I'm just pointing out to you how much I love the game. I call it Super Greed because the clubs in the elite division are killing off the rest of the game. I have been a subject on RL raw (itv), interviewed many times for TV programmes about RL had many articles published in various magazines and the Swinton match programme and there is a photo of me on one of Maurice Bamford's books, such is my passion for the game, but, no, I don't think my opinion is worth more than anybody elses. In fact, I would imagine that most people on these forums would disagree with my opinion and consider me an old fossil but none of that matters to me one iota. I have done what I have done with my life because that is what I enjoy doing. I really thankful that I was young when I was young and am not young now. Off to work now - good night.

14 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Feel free to give me a PM if you must, this thread is being derailed with bizarre opinions and comments. 

I have absolutely no reason to PM you. It is up to the moderators/administrators to decide if a thread is being derailed,not you. This thread is about the inclusion of Liverpool, and by migration has expanded to other ideas on expansion, and question of where player recruitment may come from. You are the one who seems to denigrate another poster's views and experiences because it may not suit you, and use the words "weird" and "bizarre".You also start to play word games so I respond in kind.

Comments welcome from administrators.

6 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

We now have more players than ever before playing until nigh in their 40's i,e Ellis, Maguire, Westwood, JJB, Peacock, Minichello,  O'Loughlin,  Brough, Leuluai (x2) etc etc etc etc because there is nothing coming through to displace them and they can still bob along playing against many mediocre players.

I think you'll find that its more to do with 'player power' than an absence of young talent - why do you think teams can lose 9 in a row , then suddenly start winning again when they get  new coach ?

why do you think the likes of Giggs , Scholes , Neville et al , were still playing for Man Utd when they were clearly past their best ?

They say its easier to replace a coach/manager than a squad - and players are all too aware of this , thus they can' blackmail' coaches into picking them .

Look how well the Wigan youngsters played today against Hull , but if O'Loughlin can staple his arm back on for next week he'll be first on the squad sheet regardless of his form .

9 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Another side that is going to require 20-25 players, on top of Ottawa and players needed for the Super League Reserve League, I still ask the same question; where exactly are these hundreds players going to magically appear from in the next eighteen months?

well obviously for 2020 it will be fairly easy as the players who would have been in the u19s will just step up to A teams. wouldn't be surprised if a number of championship players that were not needed ended up been loaned to super league clubs to bolster the A teams .

Take Featherstone who already run an A team but wont be included in the set up I can see them putting a few players Leeds way as part of the loan/duel reg deal they have with Leeds.

4 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

will they have the finance to post a £500,000 bond

I have no idea but there are various things that could arise the most obvious is do they in fact have to post a bond? If at present they do this is RL we are talking about, rules are there to be changed. If it is cash up front and is truly a "Bond" then there must be terms and conditions. Would a guarantee be sufficient, again with Ts and Cs, who knows? 

7 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

I have no idea but there are various things that could arise the most obvious is do they in fact have to post a bond? If at present they do this is RL we are talking about, rules are there to be changed. If it is cash up front and is truly a "Bond" then there must be terms and conditions. Would a guarantee be sufficient, again with Ts and Cs, who knows? 

one of the reasons Manchester rangers were not allowed into league one was they were asked to provide such a bond so I take it that its now the position of the RFL for all clubs. 

mind you at the time I thought if a new club has to give a bond what about a club that's gone bust and is then reformed as a new club on the same ground and with the same name  as there are a number of recent instances of that . I think we can all think of 2 or 3 recent instances of that happening 

7 hours ago, paul hicks said:

well obviously for 2020 it will be fairly easy as the players who would have been in the u19s will just step up to A teams. wouldn't be surprised if a number of championship players that were not needed ended up been loaned to super league clubs to bolster the A teams .

Take Featherstone who already run an A team but wont be included in the set up I can see them putting a few players Leeds way as part of the loan/duel reg deal they have with Leeds.

So what about the existing academy age range, where will the players come from to fill those teams in this “easy” solution?

9 hours ago, newbe said:

Cant see league 1 being around in 2021 in its present format. Less funds, that's why there so much being spent now to get into the Championship/ S/L 2 in the near future. 

Sadly this could be true. It would be an absolute disaster for the sport and undo so much hard work that has gone into expansion at grassroots and League One level. Just so a few greedy short sighted Super League clubs could get an extra few grand in funding. 

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

I wonder what ticking along actually means. As pleased as I’d be to see a team in Liverpool I seriously doubt it will ever happen as the city is completely absorbed with football, or more specifically Liverpool and Everton, even non league sides can’t thrive there. As far as I’m aware there’s just one amateur club and I don’t think they even have a men’s team.  

Liverpool have loads of non league teams, I can think of 6 or 7 just of the top of my head. City of Liverpool is become a powerhouse of non league.

Newcastle is just as football crazy, your always hearing how they are the most dedicated fans, but you have Newcastle doing ok in league 1 with a good following

What semi professional teams can you think of in Liverpool? There was South Liverpool who went bust in the 90s after decades of struggle and are not in the Cheshire league. A.F.C. are a different proposition altogether as you know but even so play in Crosby not Liverpool and are only in the NW Counties League (record attendance about 600). I can’t think of any others even playing NW Counties standard. 

I’ve never lived in Newcastle so don’t know the culture there, though the football comparison seems sensible; however they have a successful Union team with decent gates, that would never happen in Liverpool either imho. 

Archived