NCL into League One

Fair enough Eddie. This subject just keeps coming up though and it must be people who don't watch NCL. Some people seem to think the NCL is like the National Conference in Football and we have a similar pyramid. Whilst playing standards in NCL premier are not much different than, and in some cases better than, championship 1, the facilities for spectators are miles off.

I’ve never seen an NCL game but yeah I did assume a lot of the players could easily play League One, just different circumstances I guess. Living in Norfolk for the last 20 years has left me well out of it! 

A lot of the players in the NCL would easily adapt to championship 1 mate - it's the ground facilities that don't meet the requirements. I have been to all of the NCL grounds many times, except Batley Boys, Drighlington and Hensingham. Working Friday nights for the last 11 years has prevented me so far. I have been to lots of other amateur grounds all over the country too, including one in Norfolk. Went to Thetford to watch South Norfolk Saints .v. Ipswich Rhinos. Been to Ipswich Rhinos (before they became eastern Rhinos) half a dozen times.

Archived