Des Johnston

OSBaller

9 hours ago, rooster2003 said:

Yes! Best times. Looking forward to it. 

Cas away was the pinnacle for me shame it all fell apart .No doubt he spent a lot of his own cash and he seemed to genuinely love the club and the publicity .But it wasn’t the right way to run a club was it ?

2 hours ago, NWDuk said:

Can't say I think the aftermath and downward spiral that we've suffered over through over the last 8 years was worth the brief moment in the sun.

Prior to des we were always a yoyo side and that's what we've been since. I know we've had a few financial issues but we have steadied the ship now. The best days I've had at the rugby were when Des was here; Wigan at home, Cas away, Saints away, Fax in the GF & Widnes in NR cup final in Blackpool to name a few were excellent days for the fans and players and something I wouldn't change for anything. 

The best team assembled for a very long time swinton, dewsbury at home would have been a cricket score , free flowing fast entertaining rugby ,now it's been five drives and a kick for far to long Ballard and Nixon on the wings roared on by a large crowd nothing better 

The rugby that was played in the Des years was brilliant to watch ,so much fast free flowing rugby it was a pleasure to be there .swinton and dewsbury at home would have been a formality Nixon and Ballard on the flanks were flying machines unlike today five drives down the middle and kick on the last ,so predictable 

Wigan at home was the best spectacle down Craven Park in a long time. 

The fubds for the players helped, but the coaches and main band of players were local.

Harrison Nixon centre wing would stand up to most of the lower SL teams now, 

Same for Broadbent.... didnt drop a thing

One of the hidden gems was unearthed in Dave Armi who went onto better things

Catic was class but bonkers

Saying that we bought some dogs... (see michael smith/weisner) 

It was great times but i think with the current chairmain it will happen again.... but maybe in 5 years..... I reckon he has a cunning plan

Archived