Silence of the lambs?

Seaton Sandy

Gone very quiet on here given Sunday's clash ............. Any team news? Is Buffer fit? Is Blain playing? Any predictions ?  

I'll stick my head above the ramparts and predict a Town win --- the lads owe us an inspired performance after some dismal results and if they turn up with a positive attitude it's all on!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Dont know if im going , hard to get motivated and most I know arnt going.

If you can't get up for this then I despair!  The jambos are -deservedly- on top of the midden but our own slim hopes of reaching salvation via the playoffs hinge on this game. I will be making the 90 mile round trip to support the Club that has been my religion for 6 decades in the hope that we can do the business. Any so-called Townies who throw the towel in before a pass or a scrum has been made aren't really worthy of the name. Shame on you!!

11 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I expect Haven to beat us looking at the season they have had and the season we have had, however all the pressure is on Haven.

Their whole season rests on 80 mins on Sunday whereas our season effectively ended when we lost at home to Oldham.

No mate still loads to play for. Haven I agree the pressure is on and we don't handle pressure well however I do exspect haven to win but wish it was under better circumstances is the league won 

6 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I expect Haven to beat us looking at the season they have had and the season we have had, however all the pressure is on Haven.

Their whole season rests on 80 mins on Sunday whereas our season effectively ended when we lost at home to Oldham.

Our season has been underwhelming but it isn't over yet .The playoffs are still reachable starting with a win on Sunday. I honestly can't remember a time when Town fans spat the dummy out without the game even kicking off. We should be going to the wreck hoping to rain on their parade--- I expect nothing less!

4 minutes ago, David69 said:

I will be making 60 plus round trip. Sure all true supporters will be there. If play like did against keighley we will give them a game, plus the rain, will make it tighter. Hopefully we got a descent fit team utt

Rain? Looks fine on my forecast pal 

5 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Whereas winning the league isn't as guaranteed, all aboard the pressure bus Haven ? #squeakybum

It's a great position to be in marra hopefully brings out the best in us or in towns case hope it doesn't lol 

3 minutes ago, David69 said:

Thunderstorms pal look on new and star  website from 12 on Sunday til 10 could be 10  to 20 mm. Do u think everybody could squash in Kells end.

I think it might be a bit cramped haha 

Screenshot_20190802-215255.png

It all depends what the Town team's attitude is and what our squad is looking like. If it's the attitude of early in the season we will have the same result as DP. If it's the attitude of the last few games it could be one of those games that hinge on the bounce of a ball or ref decision. I think Chris is making his mark now and it will be the latter.

Let's all hope it's a close game with the ref anonymous, and we do owe them a last minute winner. They are not unbeatable but are a good team that can grind results out, and it would be sweet to turn them over given the circumstances. UTT. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

It all depends what the Town team's attitude is and what our squad is looking like. If it's the attitude of early in the season we will have the same result as DP. If it's the attitude of the last few games it could be one of those games that hinge on the bounce of a ball or ref decision. I think Chris is making his mark now and it will be the latter.

Let's all hope it's a close game with the ref anonymous, and we do owe them a last minute winner. They are not unbeatable but are a good team that can grind results out, and it would be sweet to turn them over given the circumstances. UTT. 

He were go, some seen more concerned about stopping havens promotion charge than ,wanting us to play for our own aims .

48 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

He were go, some seen more concerned about stopping havens promotion charge than ,wanting us to play for our own aims .

Here we go, some "town fans" seem more concerned about defending Whitehaven in here any time anyone dares mention the m. 

Errr! This isn't Brexit or WWIII (yet)! It's our local derby & should be a great advert for Cumbria RL. Get yersel's down there & support yer team, I can't wait! I'm not bothered about scuppering their league leader's status, I want us to win 'cause I'm a Town fan!

1 hour ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Eh are you for real or on a wind up? I always want Town to win as funny enough I'm a Town fan. But if that win coincided with Haven getting beat then it just makes it a bit sweeter. If that also coincides with their title ambitions then it is what it is and I'll enjoy it all the same. 

Are you seriously trying to tell me beating our derby rivals doesn't mean anything extra to you? When we got mullered a few months ago I got plenty of stick from my mates, and whoever loses tomorrow can expect the same.

Are you praying for a draw?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

When Haven beat us last time , a large part of their game plan was to keep deep to our rather small in stature wingers/full back , getting 3 or 4 men in the tackle and then forcing the ball free . They must have succeeded half a dozen times and forced scrums , ball retention and a good kicking game are vital tomorrow ..

Town team been announced on twitter but it has forber and a few others in even Karl olstrom who I'm shocked to see included the way he has treated both clubs just turns up and expects to play in a derby after being AWOL for weeks.are they fit or just to make up the 19? 

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Town team been announced on twitter but it has forber and a few others in even Karl olstrom who I'm shocked to see included the way he has treated both clubs just turns up and expects to play in a derby after being AWOL for weeks.are they fit or just to make up the 19? 

Where abouts is that pal?

Archived