Silence of the lambs?

Seaton Sandy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Town team been announced on twitter but it has forber and a few others in even Karl olstrom who I'm shocked to see included the way he has treated both clubs just turns up and expects to play in a derby after being AWOL for weeks.are they fit or just to make up the 19? 

Who knows marra,your guess is as good as ours Karl often gets named but not picked

Walsh to miss out for me. And assuming Karl wont turn up or just being named so we have a 19? 

Essential we get on top of Forster if we have any hope of competing. Must be odds on to get a try from barging over from 2 yards out. 

A committed performance and improvement from our last derby and I'd be happy.

10 hours ago, Brad hepis heed said:

He were go, some seen more concerned about stopping havens promotion charge than ,wanting us to play for our own aims .

FFS will you give over with the "we"and ""us" will you, do you think we are all daft. ?

21 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Good ' fans' then I see

I haven't purposely missed a Derby game at the Wreck since I started watching Town 55yrs ago but I won't be going tomorrow or any time in the future. The atmosphere there for the past couple of years has been toxic and way beyond the banter that we used to have, the group of Town fans I was with at last years game all vowed never to go back and I don't know any of them that are going. If Town had to go there to win the league I still wouldn't go. I hope Town show some pride and put in a big performance, if they do then its anybodies game but haven are on a roll and I can't see them losing again this season. UTT

6 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I haven't purposely missed a Derby game at the Wreck since I started watching Town 55yrs ago but I won't be going tomorrow or any time in the future. The atmosphere there for the past couple of years has been toxic and way beyond the banter that we used to have, the group of Town fans I was with at last years game all vowed never to go back and I don't know any of them that are going. If Town had to go there to win the league I still wouldn't go. I hope Town show some pride and put in a big performance, if they do then its anybodies game but haven are on a roll and I can't see them losing again this season. UTT

Truly sad to see that you won't be going to support the Town lads tomorrow. I know that you are a veteran Townie like myself and over the decades we have endured some pretty hostile receptions on our travels including racist abuse targeting players such as Dessie Drummond at Widnes .  It is true that the mood at the wreck is poisonous lately so all the more reason to burst their balloon .  Although Town and Haven are only 5 miles apart the respective attitude of supporters is like chalk and cheese .  At DP you get robust banter and lots of humour --- vitriol is the norm at the wreck.      

I’ve never set foot in the wreck since I got spat on cos I was wearing a town shirt, and never will again, and that’s sad from a rugby league perspective. Followed the town all over and enjoyed banter and arguments but nothing as toxic as the wreck. 

The recre is a great place on match days with idiots just like at town if a few people will stop watching the team you love then somthings is wrong come and stand with all of us on the pop side and banter is brilliant we always have a great laugh with all fans but that's why the game is dying up here a massive game today yet people won't support each other is it really that bad? 

Of the dozen or so fans I stand with at home only one other guy has ever gone with me to the wreck in many years- and hes given up this year  anyways ( was a massive die hard).

Had drink thrown over me and my daughter  for celebrating Sammuts somersault try .

Really are some idiots on the pop side and they are all middle aged men.

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

The recre is a great place on match days with idiots just like at town if a few people will stop watching the team you love then somthings is wrong come and stand with all of us on the pop side and banter is brilliant we always have a great laugh with all fans but that's why the game is dying up here a massive game today yet people won't support each other is it really that bad? 

I agree with some of what you say and both sets of fans have some who cross the line. Believe me the half way line is no safe sanctuary for a Town fan. I've had a pint of dark fruits over me and seen other lads getting drink over them, and asked out for fights etc all by lads old enough to know where the line should be. One of them is at it every time I'm there egged on by his mates.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

7 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I agree with some of what you say and both sets of fans have some who cross the line. Believe me the half way line is no safe sanctuary for a Town fan. I've had a pint of dark fruits over me and seen other lads getting drink over them, and asked out for fights etc all by lads old enough to know where the line should be. One of them is at it every time I'm there egged on by his mates.

There's a group on pop side who have too much drink the rest of us are spot on a love a crack with all the fans don't let a few spoil the fun theres nothing like butterflies and nerves before a derby if we want Cumbria rugby to thrive you have to back your side and people saying I won't go to town or haven don't deserve to support either side it's a joke tbh go have a good day support ya side win or loose 

44 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Dark fruits? I wonder who that could have been ?

13 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Truly sad to see that you won't be going to support the Town lads tomorrow. I know that you are a veteran Townie like myself and over the decades we have endured some pretty hostile receptions on our travels including racist abuse targeting players such as Dessie Drummond at Widnes .  It is true that the mood at the wreck is poisonous lately so all the more reason to burst their balloon .  Although Town and Haven are only 5 miles apart the respective attitude of supporters is like chalk and cheese .  At DP you get robust banter and lots of humour --- vitriol is the norm at the wreck.      

I'm no snowflake Sandy but at my age I can't be arsed dealing with punchy ###### up teenagers, I doubt they are regular haven fans, none of them were wearing haven colours they were just there for trouble. Best of luck to the boys today. UTT. 

Archived