Silence of the lambs?

Seaton Sandy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

I'm no snowflake Sandy but at my age I can't be arsed dealing with punchy ###### up teenagers, I doubt they are regular haven fans, none of them were wearing haven colours they were just there for trouble. Best of luck to the boys today. UTT. 

My problem is that I delude myself that I still can deal with it! No fool like an old fool ?

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

I agree with some of what you say and both sets of fans have some who cross the line. Believe me the half way line is no safe sanctuary for a Town fan. I've had a pint of dark fruits over me and seen other lads getting drink over them, and asked out for fights etc all by lads old enough to know where the line should be. One of them is at it every time I'm there egged on by his mates.

The same applies in reverse. I get a beer overcoat on almost every visit to Donley Park. The toxicity is on both sides. It needs sorting on both sides. It is more or less the same stewards at both grounds and the same people responsible on both sides. Maybe it’s up to us all to start calling them out no matter what colours they wear. 

3 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

The same applies in reverse. I get a beer overcoat on almost every visit to Donley Park. The toxicity is on both sides. It needs sorting on both sides. It is more or less the same stewards at both grounds and the same people responsible on both sides. Maybe it’s up to us all to start calling them out no matter what colours they wear. 

Couldn't agree more marra. Just hope we are talking about a great game at 5pm.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I agree with a few comments on here about watching Town at Haven in recent seasons - hasnt been a great match day experience for a few years now with fun banter changing to vicious and trouble making comments.

Not worried about myself or my mates for one moment in dealing with scruffy trouble making chavs but after last seasons game we  just cant be bothered with it.

Stay in the pub, watch the cricket and wait for the Town updates.

Up the Town!!

12 minutes ago, town4me said:

Beating ourselves. Far too many mistakes.  They are there for the taking

It's sounds like we've been the best team just need to cut out the mistakes and penalties. Can see somebody getting carded shortly. Bit of an a##e nipper for the haven fans. 

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Great effort lads we should have won this one. Top of the league they're having a laugh

Had a bad game like u earlier in season against us very poor from us today mate town played very well 

4 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Had a bad game like u earlier in season against us very poor from us today mate town played very well 

Sometimes you can only play as good as the opposition lets you.  Gutted not to win  today after all the haven hype. 

13 minutes ago, town4me said:

Great effort lads we should have won this one. Top of the league they're having a laugh

No actually they are not and they  are top.

I would take today's performance from town all season,was nothing flashing ,but for once we showed loads of grit , determination and did not get out enthused .Go into the play offs with the same attitude and we could shock a few .Penky was at the heart of everything we did ,what was doran thinking on 1st tackle ???. Definitely the best team today .

7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

2360 attendance was awesome atmosphere 

That’s outstanding . We see over n over in big games the  fans are there , they just need to get out and watch regularly and both teams might makes strides 

2 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

No actually they are not and they  are top.

I would take today's performance from town all season,was nothing flashing ,but for once we showed loads of grit , determination and did not get out enthused .Go into the play offs with the same attitude and we could shock a few .Penky was at the heart of everything we did ,what was doran thinking on 1st tackle ???. Definitely the best team today .

Definatly were pal we hardly had the ball u looked sharp all day and was good to see but we need to have a look at ourselves team character got us a point in the end when we didn't deserve anything I will always congratulate a team who deserves it well done 

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Definatly were pal we hardly had the ball u looked sharp all day and was good to see but we need to have a look at ourselves team character got us a point in the end when we didn't deserve anything I will always congratulate a team who deserves it well done 

That’s a crucial point though for haven 

Bit miffed in the end. A good hard game. Typical derby. But almost as if both teams were accepting of a draw? Why didnt we go to the sticks for a DG at the end? Town were solid without setting the world alight. Overall pretty happy that we carried on where we left off last week.

Charlo echoed my thoughts. That if haven had as much ball and territory as town, they'd have won the game. JD good for town along with Stevie and Tickle. Both wingers had solid games to.

8 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Town by far better team why did they kick ball into touch at the end? Think you could shock Newcastle 

Probably realised how ###### they wer and thought take the point ?

Archived