Silence of the lambs?

Seaton Sandy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Crucial point for haven, town best team today. Haven were knackered due to all the defending they done! Kicking in play was the big difference today, Haven were very poor in that department. 

I'd say we defended for 30 mins atleast first half haha 

I was there and it was definitely a point lost with all the possession we had in the 1st half practically on their line, we should have gone in at least 12 points up - the disallowed try was not forward, line ball at best. I don't like to criticise players but I can't agree that Penky had a good game - he threw out some poor passes several times and was responsible for the build up to their try when he lost the ball at the back of a town scrum. Why did we kick on the second tackle late in the second half when we were attacking their line?

29 minutes ago, town blue said:

I was there and it was definitely a point lost with all the possession we had in the 1st half practically on their line, we should have gone in at least 12 points up - the disallowed try was not forward, line ball at best. I don't like to criticise players but I can't agree that Penky had a good game - he threw out some poor passes several times and was responsible for the build up to their try when he lost the ball at the back of a town scrum. Why did we kick on the second tackle late in the second half when we were attacking their line?

Got to disagree about the forward pass, it was forward no doubt. Agree about Penky, best 9 on the field today was Dowsett, cant understand why he didnt play longer. If Doran was a little bit fitter he could be playing top end Champ rugby no bother, great try he scored.

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

Their defending has literally won them the league as they are the worst attacking team in the top 6.

Need a 6 badly when we had carter from barrow we wer a different team now look clueless most of the time 

For all those who gave it a miss today due to the aggro I can offer a reason why the idiots hold sway and ruin the game for others. Cretins were letting smoke bombs off on the popular side . The first one was removed from the valve that lit it by a "steward" who took no further action so needless to say there was a repeat performance late in the day. These high-vis employees are worse than useless and are utterly ineffective in their supposed job of crowd control. I also noticed as I left that there were "security" personnel present - or so it said on their enormous black T-shirts .Just what they achieved is beyond me.  One of them must get his garments from "Marquees R Us" - putting one leg in front of the other must get him a standing ovation. His pink ear-ornaments were quite exotic though.......... Apart from all that it was a pulsating game ,albeit one that slipped away from us --- no doubting we were the better team on the day. Fui put big minutes in but came off with his left thigh iced up.       Anyone who wished for an "anonymous" referee were sadly denied - he gave a whole swathe of penalties and other inexplicable decisions which underlined the sheer lack of competence amongst today's officials. 

54 minutes ago, town4me said:

Their defending has literally won them the league as they are the worst attacking team in the top 6.

Who was it use to say ,defence wins games .No point scoring  30 plus every game if you concede 40.Very few teams get the balance perfect .We are the opposite this season our attack has been good when we  have showed up,but defence is what has let us down .It's effective if not boring for them .

2 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Who was it use to say ,defence wins games .No point s print 30 plus every game if you concede 40.Very few teams get the balance perfect .We are the opposite this season our attack has been good when we  have showed up,but defence is what has let us down .It's effective if not boring for them .

Still persisting with the "We/They " pretence then?? At best I think you have an identity crisis.........

6 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Who was it use to say ,defence wins games .No point s print 30 plus every game if you concede 40.Very few teams get the balance perfect .We are the opposite this season our attack has been good when we  have showed up,but defence is what has let us down .It's effective if not boring for them .

Problem is mate its gonna make next season an even bigger gap for you to bridge.  

2 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

I'd would say if haven go up ,one thing they will definitely need is a good defence .

Yes you will need a good defence pal. But this squad has averaged 22 points a game in C1 so a lot of work to do.   But there on merit.   A busy off season ahead for you. 

On 03/08/2019 at 13:55, Havenfan13 said:

Ooh right yea just looking through still not a bad team whoever is out pal

I cannot understand why we have to worry about Whitehaven,Lets give them some credit for actually being on top of league for sometime now,and,Should be a certainty to finish at top of league.I would think that the Haven have already planned out for next year and so should we,I am sure they will find it hard to compete in the top 3 or 4 but there is no reason why they cannot survive whilst in there.The main stumbling block for me is the age of several players who you would imagine not be has competetive in the higher league,but,They will be able to aquire players from Championship teams coming down,I know it will include some travellers but good luck to them,I hope that we can finish in the play offs and give it a good go,and, maybe shock a few teams by going up with Haven...

Town were defo the best team on the park today, played smarter and with a better kicking game. Doran had a reasonable game, Scholey was just a head Hunter and lucky to stop1 1on. FATTY FATTY MUMMYS BOY I is stealing a living from you - not even a good impact player nowadays. Still a fair result .

You were definitely the best team today and you should have won it. Thought you made wrong decisions near the end which cost you two points. Haven were very poor, one man rugby, too many errors, poor completion. It was definitely a point won for us. Not knocking Town but a good team would have hammered us, we were that bad. We have no kicking game and lacked creativity. That point win could just be enough to see us promoted though. Then we’ll have to see what that brings. I would rather be giving it a go in the League above though.

2 minutes ago, Mc1 said:

Town were defo the best team on the park today, played smarter and with a better kicking game. Doran had a reasonable game, Scholey was just a head Hunter and lucky to stop1 1on. FATTY FATTY MUMMYS BOY I is stealing a living from you - not even a good impact player nowadays. Still a fair result .

I take it you are referring to moi moi there who you will have seen twice this season. Actually  he has had a good season in genral for us  and i would like to see him back next season if we remain in C1. 

3 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

You were definitely the best team today and you should have won it. Thought you made wrong decisions near the end which cost you two points. Haven were very poor, one man rugby, too many errors, poor completion. It was definitely a point won for us. Not knocking Town but a good team would have hammered us, we were that bad. We have no kicking game and lacked creativity. That point win could just be enough to see us promoted though. Then we’ll have to see what that brings. I would rather be giving it a go in the League above though.

I know haven fans are playing the "we were awful and town were very good but it was still a draw" card" but i would more see it as our coach did his homework on haven very  well and we stopped you playing your normal game. 

2 hours ago, town blue said:

I wonder what a back line with Miller, Fieldhouse and Hewitt in it would have done with that possession ?

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

I know haven fans are playing the "we were awful and town were very good but it was still a draw" card" but i would more see it as our coach did his homework on haven very  well and we stopped you playing your normal game. 

Do you not feel it was a point lost by Town? Given possession and position you had should you not have had the two? 

4 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Do you not feel it was a point lost by Town? Given possession and position you had should you not have had the two? 

Yes i do think that marra. But i also think our coach did his homework and got his tactics spot on away to a team who have took some beating this season 

15 minutes ago, Mc1 said:

You really don't possess the wits to recognise just what Fui contributes to the Town cause. He takes at least three defenders out of the line with each run and makes hard yards. His defence isn't too shabby either and far from being the ten minute impact sub he is accused of he has been putting in some big shifts lately if you had actually seen him play. He plays his heart out for the club and is one of the better travellers we have signed in recent times. 

Archived