Cresta

UpTheRaiders

• 2 weeks later...

Who's the options ?? 

Realistically for cost and local player knowlege

(Of which im sure we will have to utilise for a high % of next years squad?)

Or would someone alongside Paul be better and transition. I think with funding cuts Pauls knowlege of league 1 could or should still be used? 

Also for those players, who may have to come in from amateur levels aside from pride and playing for the town, what is the pull vs playing amateur.

Also for those players, who may have to come in from amateur levels aside from pride and playing for the town, what is the pull vs playing amateur.

Don't get paid for playing amateur do you

Tom Heighton

Looking at the set up at rugby with Dave Kendall,ste rea,cresta, you could go with Dean marwood, Darren carter, Gary broadbent,that's if the club had a change in the coaching set up,just an option?

Can’t understand why nobody hasn’t  come up with this answer before now,  it’s  so ‘EASY’ ain’t it.   

Swap like for like. ?????

This is Barrow rugby not premiership football, no money, four hours travelling for out of town players or coaches, just for each training session, numerous other costs and obstacles to  take into account, just a couple of reasons. 

We haven’t got a winning team , or big bucks to attract top players or coaches.  I’m amazed we’ve got what we’ve got , and just hope they can pull together, that’s all playing, coaching, and backroom staff and keep going, full stop.   

1 hour ago, tec said:

I can understand why he would like to carry on and a few of the comments are a bit weak can’t get my head around the comment about Duffy he is clearly unfit .

We signed the likes of Hulme and Duffy knowing they were injury prone & we signed dalli and charnock knowing they were hot heads that would miss time through bans

it's not all gloom and doom..you have a good scrapping team that always plays hard..against us anyway!

anyhow look forward to seeing the raiders at lamport next weekend...we have warm weather cold beer and friendly folk

safe travels.

On 23/08/2019 at 12:31, UpTheRaiders said:

We signed the likes of Hulme and Duffy knowing they were injury prone & we signed dalli and charnock knowing they were hot heads that would miss time through bans

Its like shopping on christmas eve..... 

From my point of view, cresta has been a good coach for you for a few years  now but possibly time to move on, who do you think would be interested in the job

On 03/09/2019 at 21:15, Barrow RLFC123 said:

Need to change game plan from 5 drives and a kick. I would like us to do more than that in division 1... If people are happy to keep watching same style of play then so be it.... Surely Steve N can’t be impressed after spending money on a more than capable squad and underachieving?

Steve probably ain’t happy but when some of your big signings don’t show for you what can you do. Taking Hock out of it, Spedding was the biggest disappointment for me. he ruined us at last years summer bash for Sheffield and looked pure quality. Then pulls on a raiders shirt and goes to rats. I also believe a game plan of 5 drives didn’t help him so tactically he was probably penalised. Maybe as a club we are better bringing in players to play to a specific game plan. If we are to keep our style of up the middle, let’s sign some big forwards rather than expensive backs who are not part of a game plan. 

I honestly don't know what folk expect from Cresta when he can hardly get his best out at a training session, let alone a match day. I have seen the work done on attack and defence but never with all his squad there. I believe we would have survived with room to spare if we hadn't been plagued by all the injuries. Only time will tell who is coach and who will be playing next season but i will be 100% behind the team no matter what. 

Archived