High powered Telescope

Blue Pike

Listened to Rovers TV today due to getting back from a Camping/fishing/drinking/eating trip at the beautiful town of Boroughbridge.As I tuned in to listen to my heroes beating the Republic of Dewsbury I was surprised by the addition of a score screen of our league during the commentary.Unfortunately you need reading glasses looking into a telescope to read the scores.Its early days but hopefully we will be able to read them in the not to distant future.

28 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Listened to Rovers TV today due to getting back from a Camping/fishing/drinking/eating trip at the beautiful town of Boroughbridge.As I tuned in to listen to my heroes beating the Republic of Dewsbury I was surprised by the addition of a score screen of our league during the commentary.Unfortunately you need reading glasses looking into a telescope to read the scores.Its early days but hopefully we will be able to read them in the not to distant future.

You would have been better staying on fishing another mediocre display and Dewsbury did not deserve to lose.

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

You would have been better staying on fishing another mediocre display and Dewsbury did not deserve to lose.

Think most of us agreed they deserved a point. As suggy said, "sometimes sh it happens"! We won a squeaker. The times I've gone home with a sh itty feeling having lost a close one....

I'll take the win thanks muchly, however it looked.

Sounded like a nervy game to watch and oh boy it was a hard listen on RoversTV. Commentating is a thankless task especially when you are doing it for both radio and video but it's agonising when one team is attacking the other's line and the commentator simply says "Ohhh...." and you have to wait until he expands to tell you whether it's a knock on or a try!

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Think most of us agreed they deserved a point. As suggy said, "sometimes sh it happens"! We won a squeaker. The times I've gone home with a sh itty feeling having lost a close one....

I'll take the win thanks muchly, however it looked.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result. Exciting game to watch from a score point of view. Not a game for the purists. Fev got their rewards for targeting Finn's defence and it worked everytime.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sounded like a nervy game to watch and oh boy it was a hard listen on RoversTV. Commentating is a thankless task especially when you are doing it for both radio and video but it's agonising when one team is attacking the other's line and the commentator simply says "Ohhh...." and you have to wait until he expands to tell you whether it's a knock on or a try!

Dewsbury supporters thought they had scored twice in the last 2 mins and we couldn't tell from 40yds away however they were held up over the line.

Yes I have a not guilty  feeling when winning by a point as we have been on the other end a sickly few times.Sometimes a Team at the lower end can be your problem and know your number which Dewsbury are this season and on a plus Bradford lost when they looked good.

2 minutes ago, youngun said:

Thought a draw would have been a fair result. Exciting game to watch from a score point of view. Not a game for the purists. Fev got their rewards for targeting Finn's defence and it worked everytime.

I thought a draw would have been a fairer result today, we were shocking in parts, we used our get out of jail card. Missed goals let us down too, 

Im Fev and im proud

26 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

I thought a draw would have been a fairer result today, we were shocking in parts, we used our get out of jail card. Missed goals let us down too, 

I always think that from a goal kicking point of view that going back to our ground the day after and practicing will cure the accuracy.I always think that goal kicking wins you matches in the end and personally like our kicker to take 2 when close to the posts most times unless we are desperate.

On 04/08/2019 at 17:40, sentoffagain2 said:

We won and that's all that matters today. Hopefully we improve. 

Archived