Jackson Hastings - Can he make Wigan Great Again?

What a player. This guy has had an absolutely outstanding season, he's (almost) single handedly turned Salford into play off contenders. 

I'm convinced he can have a similar impact with Wigan and turn them into a team that other clubs fear again. 

With him and Burgess at Wigan, next season is going to be very entertaining at the jjb 

Absolutely, Hastings has demonstrated this season he has the abillity to improve any team, also from what I have seen he has a great foil and partner in Joey Lussick, Wigan could do far worse than signing him also.

I don't think Wigan will be to far away from the top gong again this term, if they avoid Saints to make it to the final I believe that they could very well ambush the Championship.

Hastings looks brilliant. A lot of clubs have one half back playing one side of the field or other half back playing the opposite side, Hastings plays both. With his vision and skill level he does it well.

A guess at Wigan's 17 next year.

Hardaker, Manfredi, Hankinson, Gildart, J Burgess, French, Hastings, G Burgess, Powell, Bullock, Greenwood, Farrell, O'Loughlin (Smithies). Flower, Clubb, Clark, Leuluai. 

A very decent squad is that. 

7 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Hastings looks brilliant. A lot of clubs have one half back playing one side of the field or other half back playing the opposite side, Hastings plays both. With his vision and skill level he does it well.

Hardaker, Manfredi, Hankinson, Gildart, J Burgess, French, Hastings, G Burgess, Powell, Bullock, Greenwood, Farrell, O'Loughlin (Smithies). Flower, Clubb, Clark, Leuluai. 

Plus Bibby.   And Sammut.  And Isa.  And Navarrete.  And you could probably perm any 3 from 5 other reserve forwards to add in.

History tells us that Lockers will not play that many games.

Wigan have a lot of cover on the wings but given all the injuries and form it's hard to suggest any will be at the top tree.

26 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

French at 6 ? I thought he was a winger who’s played a bit of fullback 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Absolutely, Hastings has demonstrated this season he has the abillity to improve any team, also from what I have seen he has a great foil and partner in Joey Lussick, Wigan could do far worse than signing him also.

I don't think Wigan will be to far away from the top gong again this term, if they avoid Saints to make it to the final I believe that they could very well ambush the Championship.

If only.

rldfsignature.jpg

Hastings is a class player. He’s got to get a lot of credit for the season Salford have had. They lost Lui, replacing him with a player who looked completely out of sorts at Leeds in Lolohea, and they have barely broken stride.

Wigan look to be really strong for next year. 

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Plus Bibby.   And Sammut.  And Isa.  And Navarrete.  And you could probably perm any 3 from 5 other reserve forwards to add in.

History tells us that Lockers will not play that many games.

Wigan have a lot of cover on the wings but given all the injuries and form it's hard to suggest any will be at the top tree.

Navarette shouldn't get anywhere near a full strength Wigan 17,Lockers is fading rapidly and it's maybe time for him to hang his boots up and join the coaching staff and use the cap space to sign a quality 9 to feed off the extra forward power Wigan will have next year.

Jackson Hastings - Can he make Wigan champions again?

Of course he will he's a step up for them in that position.

Mind so is Evalds!.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It isn't all about Jackson at Salford, there are players around him in Evalds, Lui/Tui and Lussick in supporting roles.

He arrived as a player treated as outcast, possibly with depression. He found a club that treated him as part of the family and his rise is testament to that.

Will he replicant that form at Wigan, possibly depends on the skill of the head Coach and the players playing pivot around him.

Really sorry to see him go. He has been a joy to watch and the manner of his conduct around the club with fans and especially young supporters is a blessing after this weekend's scenes in France.

Jackson Hasting performance against the Broncos was a masterclass in half back play all over the pitch on attack and defence, as it has been ever since he arrived at Salford.

It has been an absolute pleasure to have watched him play, conduct himself on and off the field and everyone that I know at Salford wishes him all the best in the future.

11 minutes ago, WSRD said:

I know at Salford wishes him all the best in the future.

No we don't he's going to Wigan! Be your age!

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

No we don't he's going to Wigan! Be your age!

I get your point, Oxford, but I certainly wish JH the best. I do not wish Wigan the best.

The key to JH's effect on Wigan will be Lam's attitude to him. If he emulates Ian Watson and gives JH the freedom to play what he sees, then JH may well bring back the good times. If he ties JH down in set patterns and strategies, it could be a different story.

Oh, as Red Willow said, Salford are not a one-man team. There are several good players around him. Wigan also have many good players and don't need to pile the pressure on JH's shoulder.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 minutes ago, WSRD said:

I deliberately never mentioned any prospective new club for Jackson?

Now you know why!

Boos for Bibby jeers for Jackson it's in the rules and it's an old charter!

1 minute ago, tonyXIII said:

don't need to pile the pressure on JH's shoulder.

Oh yes we do! He should've done the decent thing and joined an NRL club if he didn't want to get the rounds of the kitchen.

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Oh yes we do! He should've done the decent thing and joined an NRL club if he didn't want to get the rounds of the kitchen.

I meant Wigan don't need to pile the pressure on JH's shoulders. As Salford fans, we should do everything we can to put him off his game when we play them.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

31 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I meant Wigan don't need to pile the pressure on JH's shoulders. As Salford fans, we should do everything we can to put him off his game when we play them.

"Der alte tonyXIII, das ist der Mann. "

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Evidently you don't understand the McIntyre system and the thinking behind it.  Wigan can't possibly avoid St Helens in the playoffs if they want to play in the Grand Final, for the reason that the only way the teams further down among the qualifiers can get to that match is to beat every team above them.

10 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Evidently you don't understand the McIntyre system and the thinking behind it.  Wigan can't possibly avoid St Helens in the playoffs if they want to play in the Grand Final, for the reason that the only way the teams further down among the qualifiers can get to that match is to beat every team above them.

imagesource.thumb.jpeg.be05b50aa6594ca74b57de2dcdf039df.jpeg

Is that so, Saints only have to win one game to reach the final, have another look. Evidently one of us doesn't under stand the system. 

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

imagesource.thumb.jpeg.be05b50aa6594ca74b57de2dcdf039df.jpeg

Is that so, Saints only have to win one game to reach the final, have another look. Evidently one of us doesn't under stand the system. 

Yes it is so.  As you can see there, if St Helens wins the Major Semi-Final they go straight into the Grand Final and if they lose to go into the Preliminary Final.  The lower qualifiers can only get to the Grand Final by winning the Preliminary Final, so they'd either meet St Helens there or in the Grand Final if they get that far.

7 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Yes it is so.  As you can see there, if St Helens wins the Major Semi-Final they go straight into the Grand Final and if they lose to go into the Preliminary Final.  The lower qualifiers can only get to the Grand Final by winning the Preliminary Final, so they'd either meet St Helens there or in the Grand Final if they get that far.

Off course that is what I said Wigan v Saints in the GF! 

Archived