Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

So far we have a prop / loose forward  second row and a fullback were rest of team for next season or is it wait and see if we dont get relegated first before the signing are announced yet again fev have come and took young.promising players again seems every season we lose our better players to rival clubs 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

So far we have a prop / loose forward  second row and a fullback were rest of team for next season or is it wait and see if we dont get relegated first before the signing are announced yet again fev have come and took young.promising players again seems every season we lose our better players to rival clubs 

It's a way of weakening teams they feel could be challenging them. It happened last year with Fev and some previous years.  Also the said team has to replace and in effect start again. But then again we have to don't we ?.  Cant blame the players good luck to them. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

New coach might want a say in who's in his team, this might have already been agreed but the BOD at Batley would never go about their business in public. I for one trust the BOD to do a good job for Batley RLFC. We have done well with sponsorship, ground development etc. Over the past couple of years and  MD has had his 3 years and not delivered imo. Time for a change and an improvements on the field next season, which means new players

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

New coach might want a say in who's in his team, this might have already been agreed but the BOD at Batley would never go about their business in public. I for one trust the BOD to do a good job for Batley RLFC. We have done well with sponsorship, ground development etc. Over the past couple of years and  MD has had his 3 years and not delivered imo. Time for a change and an improvements on the field next season, which means new players

New coach - has there been an announcement?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

New coach - has there been an announcement?

Only to Graham Fisher ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BSJ, I have a REALLY ,REALLY awful feeling in my water where the coach is concerned....however, if it's just an infection and we do get a new coach, it's going to be too late to hang on to one or two players who might be considering their options. I guess that if a player has an offer on the table elsewhere and elsewhere is stable already, he's unlikely to wait and see if we get a new coach and if the new coach wants him, so he'll take the offer and be off. So we're into September before the season finishes for 9 out of the 14 clubs, then we've to announce whether the current coach is in or out, then look around for another, which takes it into October, where are we going to fond players in October only a month before pre-season training starts in November?

12 hours ago, phildog said:

BSJ, I have a REALLY ,REALLY awful feeling in my water where the coach is concerned....however, if it's just an infection and we do get a new coach, it's going to be too late to hang on to one or two players who might be considering their options. I guess that if a player has an offer on the table elsewhere and elsewhere is stable already, he's unlikely to wait and see if we get a new coach and if the new coach wants him, so he'll take the offer and be off. So we're into September before the season finishes for 9 out of the 14 clubs, then we've to announce whether the current coach is in or out, then look around for another, which takes it into October, where are we going to fond players in October only a month before pre-season training starts in November?

who knows what is going on behind the scenes, a new coach and new players may already be signed up but club wont announce anything until season has ended as i'm sure they wont be waiting and seeing , its frustrating as fans  not knowing whats going on but i'm sure those in charge have it all in hand

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

I hope and pray they dont renew his contract and say we believe in his vision for the future he see for the club . We did give him a 3 year contract on his interview skills so who knows what he spoon feeding them in what he as planned for year 4 and 5 or 6 

Isn't Danny Bravo fit now? I think he's been with us 3 seasons and only played twice (Is this a record?) I'd love to see him get a shot at few games

19 minutes ago, RogerT said:

And also try to get at least a two year contract deal on the players.

Nah Roger don't think so do you?? ...honestly. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

6 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Isn't Danny Bravo fit now? I think he's been with us 3 seasons and only played twice (Is this a record?) I'd love to see him get a shot at few games

He is fit but not signed on , aiming for next season now

IMG_0583.JPG

Why not ColinB at the end of the 2018 season quite a few players 2 year contracts ran out, in previous seasons we had players on 1 year and 2 year deals.

Thanks for that BatleyBob although I knew that.

26 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Wouldn’t hold your hopes up he’d be better playing the amateur game he’d struggle in front of manning Brearley and downs 

20 hours ago, phildog said:

Welcome to my world, 2018 style.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, RogerT said:

Why not ColinB at the end of the 2018 season quite a few players 2 year contracts ran out, in previous seasons we had players on 1 year and 2 year deals.

Thanks for that BatleyBob although I knew that.

I think the big problem regarding 2+ year contracts will be, the club do not know what money they are going to get next year yet, never mind the year after (2021), when the current Sky deal has ended. Lenaghan and his cronies, wanted to stop payments for this season, but were blocked due to the terms of the current deal AFAIK. The club have already taken a gamble signing the players we have for next season.  

Chances are, there will be little to no money shared with the CH from the next tv deal SL get from Sky etc. Therefore, teams in the CH cannot guarantee player wages in advance, as they may be reliant on gate receipts and sponsorship alone to cover all of the bills by 2021, which would have a huge impact on player wages. 

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I think the big problem regarding 2+ year contracts will be, the club do not know what money they are going to get next year yet, never mind the year after (2021), when the current Sky deal has ended. Lenaghan and his cronies, wanted to stop payments for this season, but were blocked due to the terms of the current deal AFAIK. The club have already taken a gamble signing the players we have for next season.  

Chances are, there will be little to no money shared with the CH from the next tv deal SL get from Sky etc. Therefore, teams in the CH cannot guarantee player wages in advance, as they may be reliant on gate receipts and sponsorship alone to cover all of the bills by 2021, which would have a huge impact on player wages. 

The Sky deal runs until the end of the 2021 season.

HTH

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Sky deal runs until the end of the 2021 season.

HTH

that's why in june FEV announced   8 first  team  lads signing two year contracts taking them all up to the end of 21 season

Forward thinking Rog? But are they all going to get games with the way Fev play the DR game...I'd be wary signing for Fev ( or Eagles) onbthat oroviso!! Regarding Danny Bravo, his only appearance to date, a 20 minute thrash v Dewsbury on Boxing Day 2016 WAS on the wing, and he looked handy then. Hope he does get signed as a fit unit just to prove himself.

Archived