Who going to be playing for us next season

toffeedog

Yes it is forward thinking, tied up for two years anybody wanting them will either have to wait the two years or pay cash for them.

It doesn't bother Featherstone whether they get a game or not it's their basis of a team which as you know we have not, yet apart from three.

I'm sure there will be some signing back on again very shortly. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Yes it is forward thinking, tied up for two years anybody wanting them will either have to wait the two years or pay cash for them.

It doesn't bother Featherstone whether they get a game or not it's their basis of a team which as you know we have not, yet apart from three.

I'm sure there will be some signing back on again very shortly. 

Yep, once the coach has signed his new contract.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Forward thinking Rog? But are they all going to get games with the way Fev play the DR game...I'd be wary signing for Fev ( or Eagles) onbthat oroviso!! Regarding Danny Bravo, his only appearance to date, a 20 minute thrash v Dewsbury on Boxing Day 2016 WAS on the wing, and he looked handy then. Hope he does get signed as a fit unit just to prove himself.

of the eight only bussey who' been injured nd suspended and and injured again will miss the rest of the season  only managed seven games  of the rest lowest is 19 games  and the way we play the DR game we only use it to cover injuires and suspensions and not to replace players willy nilly and as for not signing for FEV if your good enough  like brad day you will play lots of games

On Twitter it says until end of season, not 2020??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

It’s as tho someone has given the club a nudge 

It would seem the rumours from the Diskin out brigade, citing the players hate Diskin and will be off at the first opportunity, maybe not be as true as some of those "in the know" would have us believe. ?

Unless of course the Oracle of Dewsbury, Mr Fisher is wrong, and Diskin is on his way out.

P.S. Graham, I have heard the same rumours as you regarding an extension from a few sources. ?

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It would seem the rumours from the Diskin out brigade, citing the players hate Diskin and will be off at the first opportunity, maybe not be as true as some of those "in the know" would have us believe. ?

Unless of course the Oracle of Dewsbury, Mr Fisher is wrong, and Diskin is on his way out.

P.S. Graham, I have heard the same rumours as you regarding an extension from few sources. ?

Hope this isn't true ,he has had his chance and not cut the mustard, true when we play well its great to watch but unfortunately not been enough of them to keep us paying supporters happy

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

9 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

Hope this isn't true ,he has had his chance and not cut the mustard, true when we play well its great to watch but unfortunately not been enough of them to keep us paying supporters happy

I agree with you to an extent RB.

I certainly would not be too despondent if we made a change. However, before the season started, we realistically looked like an 8th (at best) or 9th placed team. If and it is a big IF, we beat Dewsbury and Barrow we could well finish in 9th place. Although, Swinton have been on a bit of a roll since they beat us, therefore they could win a couple of their remaining games, resigning us to 10th.

Even so, it would still only be one place lower than anticipated at the start of the season. In the cold light of day, has the season really been as bad or disappointing as we all feel it has been, especially if we win two of our remaining fixtures? 

My league standings prediction at the start of the season was:

Toronto, Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Featherstone, Bradford and Halifax, Then between us, Sheffield, York and Dewsbury for 8th to 11th.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

I thought that the aim at the start of the season was a top 5/6 finish?

I'm sure the aim at the start of the season would be to finish as the best part time team. The reality is somewhat different though. Could you imaging the backlash from fans if the club stated we were aiming for an 8th place finish?

Maybe I'm wrong, but most supporters at the start of the season would have predicted the teams listed below, to finish above us if we were being honest. 

Toronto, Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Featherstone, Bradford and Halifax.

Of this list, which 2 of these teams would you have honestly and realistically expect us to finish above, for a 6th place finish?

10 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

P.S. Graham, I have heard the same rumours as you regarding an extension from few sources. ?

Also heard from the my informant that quite a few players have re-signed for next season ?

Yes I imagine a lot of talking going on with present players and more than likely a number have already signed, just hope that some are not even considered to discuss future employment at the Mount as some need to move on to make way for new players.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm sure the aim at the start of the season would be to finish as the best part time team. The reality is somewhat different though. Could you imaging the backlash from fans if the club stated we were aiming for an 8th place finish?

Maybe I'm wrong, but most supporters at the start of the season would have predicted the teams listed below, to finish above us if we were being honest. 

Toronto, Toulouse, Widnes, Leigh, Featherstone, Bradford and Halifax.

Of this list, which 2 of these teams would you have honestly and realistically expect us to finish above, for a 6th place finish?

It is a good job we didn't take this outlook under Harrison when we won the NR Cup or under Kear when we reached the final one season and third in league another.  Apart from maybe Toronto there is no reason why we should not be competitive against any other team.  

If you plan for mediocrity you achieve mediocrity.

26 minutes ago, fredm said:

It is a good job we didn't take this outlook under Harrison when we won the NR Cup or under Kear when we reached the final one season and third in league another.  Apart from maybe Toronto there is no reason why we should not be competitive against any other team.  

Ditto agree we should be aiming higher as a club on and off the field if not why? To be in the top 5 would help us get sponsorship for next year due to tv etc 2016 we was the part time team in the championship and haven’t built on it where Featherstone & Halifax have.

7 hours ago, fredm said:

I don't think it is about the outlook we take, as much as the increased and unrealistic expectation of some fans.

Reading some of the comments on here, is like reading the those of Halifax fans of yesteryear.  Like we have some divine right to finish in the top 5 every year, because we once did it 3 years ago. 

Without taking anything away from Harrison's magnificent achievements, the Championship had a maximum salary cap of £250k - £300k IIRC in those days, and none of the teams in the division were full time.

The season we finished 3rd under Kear, the salary cap had just increased to that of SL. Other than Leigh, who ran away with the league that year and achieved promotion at a canter; other teams were not spending anything like to the extent they are now. Nor, were most of the so called other poorer teams bringing in 5 loan and DR players in from SL every week. 

I'm as disappointed as anyone, particularly the way we have been beaten, where we have not even competed in some games. However, an element of realism needs to be factored in to the thought process.

I note, you haven't answered the question posed to you above. 

52 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Ditto agree we should be aiming higher as a club on and off the field if not why? To be in the top 5 would help us get sponsorship for next year due to tv etc 2016 we was the part time team in the championship and haven’t built on it where Featherstone & Halifax have.

I'm not saying we should not be aiming higher than 8th. In fairness to the club, they have not set their sights on finishing 8th at best either.

I'm not having a go KTF, but Halifax finished 4th last year. They would have benefited from the same sort of money we got 3 years ago and could very well finish one place above us in the league this year. Therefore, how has that shown they have built upon their successes and better sponsorship etc?

Featherstone have a guy willing to pump large amounts of money in relative terms to us, to allow them to loan current SL players seemingly on a whim, and a very beneficial DR deal with Leeds Rhinos, therefore they will always be a tough team to beat.

10 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not saying we should not be aiming higher than 8th. In fairness to the club, they have not set their sights on finishing 8th at best either.

I'm not having a go KTF, but Halifax finished 4th last year. They would have benefited from the same sort of money we got 3 years ago and could very well finish one place above us in the league this year. Therefore, how has that shown they have built upon their successes and better sponsorship etc?

Featherstone have a guy willing to pump large amounts of money in relative terms to us, to allow them to loan current SL players seemingly on a whim, and a very beneficial DR deal with Leeds Rhinos, therefore they will always be a tough team to beat.

Halifax’s cup run hasn’t helped them at all tbh but will get more money for semi final run than the top 5 in 2019 plus sponsorship and exposure on the bbc in the previous rounds plus papers etc.. instead we haven’t made past the round 5 in the last three years neither have we been close enough to the top 4.. but don’t worry as we’ve survived in the championship it’s best thing for batley 

16 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

P.S. Graham, I have heard the same rumours as you regarding an extension from a few sources. ?

GF gets Pythia by the minute.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

IF Diskin gets another contract it's as if the board doesn't give a monkeys for  opinion and gives the coach the freedom just to stick two's up. It's a disgrace. When we've failed again whatwill the next response be? I hope Danny Maun has got the shoulders to put to the wheel on next season's sponsorship round!

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

IF Diskin gets another contract it's as if the board doesn't give a monkeys for  opinion and gives the coach the freedom just to stick two's up. It's a disgrace. When we've failed again whatwill the next response be? I hope Danny Maun has got the shoulders to put to the wheel on next season's sponsorship round!

ive heard Diskins got another year

1 hour ago, phildog said:

IF Diskin gets another contract it's as if the board doesn't give a monkeys for  the opinion of a small percentage of the average home attendances, who happen to post on an internet forum, and gives the coach the freedom just to stick two's up. It's a disgrace. When we've failed again whatwill the next response be? I hope Danny Maun has got the shoulders to put to the wheel on next season's sponsorship round!

Edited for accuracy. 

Failed in what way Phil? 

Which of the 7 clubs listed, did you fully expect us to finish above? 

Archived